Waiting For The Spring Thaw in Randooomdadoooom. Can I get a Amen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you using a landline or a cell? If you are using a landline, test your ringtone on your cell and make sure the other person can hear it faintly............then just pretend that you have to take another call
Not that I have used that method :shifty:

Apparently I am slightly reclusive :D

I say this cuz I am actively planning to avoid the village the weekend of Aug 13. Apparently that is the class reunion weekend. One of the gals who posted on the site (there are not many that have), is someone who lived on my street and we really didn't care for each other. Yeah, I'll pass on the reunion.

I spoke too soon about the migraine control. I was sitting at dinner and blammo! Migraine meds taken now. Hopefully things will calm down now.

Home today. Wasn't the plan but it is happening anyway. The snow is falling and it is crappy out there. Making it there would be ok. Making it home ~ not so much.

Extenuating (sp?) circumstances too. Dad's health. He got some bad news yesterday about how his heart is functioning. Part is clogged, part is leaking (very simplified) Four months from now he has the test done again and that will prolly lead to surgery of some kind. If he faints or gets dizzy, he/we are to call Dr. immediately and/or call 911. As he is telling me this he is beginning to cry.

The last thing I want him to be doing now is snow blowing and shovelling, so I am home. Will be shoveling for/instead of him.

Day sucks.

I spoke too soon about the migraine control. I was sitting at dinner and blammo! Migraine meds taken now. Hopefully things will calm down now.

Just before all this *dad drama* happened I was going to take some meds ( so I could deal w/ inventory stuff), since I woke up w/ the headache on the other side of where it started last night. I think I will just take the cheaper Excedrin migraine and see what happens w/ that.

Someone at the door? The pizza's here? Have to take the boiling pot off the stove?

By the time I started getting desperate she'd already asked me what I had for dinner (and what I got for Christmas...and what I got my family for Christmas...) so those were both out. Someone at the door I didn't think of...:hmm:

Are you using a landline or a cell? If you are using a landline, test your ringtone on your cell and make sure the other person can hear it faintly............then just pretend that you have to take another call
Not that I have used that method :shifty:

I was on a cell, or else I would have been firing off text messages begging people to call me. :lol: I couldn't even call myself from the landline because we don't have long distance on it (and it's a waste of money every month since only telemarketers call it and we NEVER EVER EVER use it but I can't cancel it because it's not in my name) and my cell phone is technically long distance, as it still thinks it's in the 4-0-1.

The door is a good idea, I'll use that next time!

Home today. Wasn't the plan but it is happening anyway. The snow is falling and it is crappy out there. Making it there would be ok. Making it home ~ not so much.

Extenuating (sp?) circumstances too. Dad's health. He got some bad news yesterday about how his heart is functioning. Part is clogged, part is leaking (very simplified) Four months from now he has the test done again and that will prolly lead to surgery of some kind. If he faints or gets dizzy, he/we are to call Dr. immediately and/or call 911. As he is telling me this he is beginning to cry.

The last thing I want him to be doing now is snow blowing and shovelling, so I am home. Will be shoveling for/instead of him.

Day sucks.

That is exceptionally sucky news. :(

Ditto! Have faith, Shari--they can work miracles these days! :hug:

:yes:

How much snow did you get? We had quite a bit throughout the day down here! Apparently it's not 3 inches, the plow cutoff for my condo, but it seems like at least that much!

Just wondering...do they not actually touch the ground with the plows in other places, because I've always thought that was kind of weird out here. I was talking to a recent Purdue graduate today who seems to think it's weird, but I need more opinions before I go ranting about the plow inefficiency here again.

Just wondering...do they not actually touch the ground with the plows in other places, because I've always thought that was kind of weird out here. I was talking to a recent Purdue graduate today who seems to think it's weird, but I need more opinions before I go ranting about the plow inefficiency here again.

I don't think the plows go all the way down to the pavement--something about it being harmful to the blades? Looks like we got somewhere around 6-7 inches, and still snowing. I got up at 5:30; watched the forecast on the weather channel, our local TV station, and at weather.com, all of which said heavier snow to continue into the afternoon; looked at the Purdue web site, which didn't even mention snow (classes begin next Monday); e-mailed my boss and told him I was taking a personal day today; went back to bed, and slept until 1:30. I guess I needed it! The local TV station is saying "level 2 travel advisory" for the surrounding counties, which means essential travel only.

I'm happy to be home! MrPurrl is outside with the snow thrower, clearing the driveway so I can get out in the morning. :heart:

I thought the drive in was worse than the drive home, but there was a lot less traffic on the way home. I'm not afraid to drive in the snow; I'm just afraid of OTHER PEOPLE who drive in the snow!!

I have a 6 am flight tomorrow for the New Orleans wedding I'm going to...I just hope it doesn't all freeze over. Snow I can handle...frozen slush at 4:30 am is another story...

Thanks gang :hug: Trying not to fret about it too much. It just shook me to see my father so upset.
Lake Effect snow kicked in here now. We have had about 4 inches so the possibility of another 6 overnight.

Now we got a phone call regarding this:
State Journal staff | Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:05 pm | No Comments Posted
Two men fell through the ice on Lake Mendota Wednesday within 30 minutes of one another, and while neither was seriously hurt, a Madison Fire Department spokesman said the incidents are a reminder to beware of thin ice.
A bystander reported that the first man — who had been ice fishing about 150 yards off Picnic Point on the UW-Madison campus — was in the water, holding onto the ice at around 3:10 p.m., fire department spokesman Eric Dahl said.
Rescuers used an ice sled that floats to reach the man. He was “conscious but cold,” Dahl said, and taken to UW Hospital.
That person would be the brother in law of my cousin. His body temp was 92 degrees when they pulled him out. Thank God he is ok. This is also the person who started my :love: of Springsteen years ago.

first haircut today since May! It's had been so long that the last time I got it cut was on a visit home. My stylist asked me how long I was in town for!

The snow can kiss my ass. I'm so sick of winter I could just throw up.

My student started a day early so I've had 3 days with a little helper. I hate having to be the boss. I can sense his frustration when I correct him or say something that's probably common sense. It's the same frustration I had when I was in his position. But...you just never know what's going on in the mind of someone that's only been doing this for 1 year of schooling and that's it. If he screws up something then it's an issue so I have to be on top of his every move. I'm having problems with saying stuff because I don't want to be a jerk like everyone was when I was a student but by saying stuff is the only way he'll learn. It is nice to have a little buddy though. I can make him learn how to do all of the stuff I don't like to do :evil: I made a daily cleaning schedule for him. He didn't seem to appreciate that but it's what I got when I was a student and it helps keep you in the habit of staying clean and organized if you know you're the one that has to clean it once a week. My boss liked the idea :shrug:

Bra color...something about breast cancer. I just thought it was funny that I had to look.

It's official...3 inches of snow here. Condo plows have arrived. Thank GOD it's not midnight, like the last time they arrived.

Now I must pack and go to bed...

Was that Josh Groban singing the anthem?
I remember thinking that the Rose Bowl was monsterous when WI played :heart: It was sooooooooooo cool to see a sea of red there.
Can't imagine the concert thing either

Back
Top Bottom