Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

No, it's gone! I actually had a guy who used to post there contact me on my Wikipedia Talk page, though!
, so it is gone. I can't remember if we changed the web address or not. I lost contact with the guy who did most of the work.

He used to pay for the sever and everything, the most I ever did was change a few things here and there and upload gigs and gigs of bootlegs....and the site did become pretty successful for the time being from memory.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #392
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:22 PM
Screw this, as soon as I'm healthy I'm developing a "Haast's Eagle Claw Style Kung Fu".

I can see it already - lots of jumps and running, quick, dynamic kicks, lightning-fast strikes and a fair bit of grappling. A mix of Muay Thai, Wushu, Taekwondo and Judo.

I also wonder what one of them tastes like.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #393
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
The best parts, of course, is when people not in on it come in and are all "is this true, ax? coz ur th autority on u3 n so it muzt b r u rekordinzit??" and man, that is so wacky.
That amazed me. I didn't really realise I had enough of a position of authority for some people to just buy anything if I said so. I mean, I'm just some 21 year old guy who has a bit of a memory for things.

That truly was the prank that went horribly right. I thought we'd not even get to the opening song, and just kcik back and play some cool tunes while postwhoring.

Quote:
More magpie fun: My cousins had a pet Magpie they raised from birth (she had been kicked out of the nest by her mum ) and it was incredibly friendly, and played with their dogs. It also acted like a dog. I have a lot of love in my heart for magpies.

Though, in this case, why do you go for the West Coast Eagles rather than Port or Collingwood?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #394
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

Ah ok....Ermmmm Try DVD Shrink. It works best, But I haven't used it in about the same length of time that you burn't your last DVD!
Oh yes, I probably still have that on my hard drive somewhere! Hope I still know how to use it!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #395
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
From the Wikipedia article on Haast's Eagle:

HOLY CRAP, why hasn't anyone formed a martial art style based off this animal yet?

This part from Wikipedia amused me:

Quote:
Until recent human colonisation, the only terrestrial mammals found on New Zealand were three species of bat, one of which has recently become extinct. Free from mammalian competition and predatory threat, birds occupied or dominated all major niches in the New Zealand animal ecology. Moa were grazers — functionally similar to deer or cattle elsewhere — and Haast's Eagle hunters, filling the same niche as top-niche mammalian predators such as tigers or brown bears.
TIGERS OR BROWN BEARS. Rock the fuck on, Haast's Eagle!

Go New Zealand - always doing things in a thoroughly more interesting way.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #396
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

That's right... it was the GIANT EAGLE THAT FRICKIN ATE MOAS.

MOAS!!

That's just nuts. MOAS.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #397
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

That amazed me. I didn't really realise I had enough of a position of authority for some people to just buy anything if I said so. I mean, I'm just some 21 year old guy who has a bit of a memory for things.

That truly was the prank that went horribly right. I thought we'd not even get to the opening song, and just kcik back and play some cool tunes while postwhoring.
I just still can't believe people actually believed you lot. I took one look at the thread title, went "what the hell?", looked at the thread and just lol'd. Then I saw the other thread about the retraction and went "holy crap people believed it?"

Quote:
Though, in this case, why do you go for the West Coast Eagles rather than Port or Collingwood?
I still don't see why people actually like AFL. Although, it is much more of a man's sport than the American rubbish.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #398
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002
(I still don't know what I wanna do with my life)...
Me neither! and I'm 29....

My current theory is to have a job that I don't hate (ie, can put up with long term), and that enables me to have the time and money to do what I want ... ie; travel, whatever.

I don't think I'm one of those people with all that drive and ambition who struggles their arse off to land their dream job, even if I knew what that might be.

Quote:
Anyway then there was the whole U2 delayed dates thing......Are they coming, aren't they coming?.....I knew they would eventually come, it would just be a matter of when.
When Bono went on Denton's show and told everyone there would be an announcement the next day, and then there was nothing, I finally learned that one should not believe anything that comes out of Bono's mouth in an interview.
Especially if he's .

Quote:
Life is a hell of a a lot better now though. So I'll stop crapping on, this isn't Zoo Confessionals!
It's all good! No topic is safe from chat threads
Glad things are better now!

Quote:
The Boston DVD has been $55 or so for so long its NOT FUNNY!. I mean the Chicago DVD is now like $15 at JB. What Gives?..
I know!! Maybe there aren't as many of them about, and the shop owners keep thinking they're worth more... or else some puddings out there keep buying them at $55 and so the shop owners can get away with charging that much.

Economics FTL.

I'm gradually converting my mother and brother... they both went to Melb II, and even though they had crappy D-res seats, that was the best show I could have hoped for them to see!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:12 AM   #399
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

That's just nuts. MOAS.
What in the name of all that's holy is a moa?

I'll go look it up.

EDIT: By the way, that pic is SCREAMING to have the caption "MOAR" added to it!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #400
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
More magpie fun: My cousins had a pet Magpie they raised from birth (she had been kicked out of the nest by her mum ) and it was incredibly friendly, and played with their dogs. It also acted like a dog. I have a lot of love in my heart for magpies.

Apparently someone figured out they're descended from birds of prey, way back when... the hooked bill and all that... And they have a very complex social structure. Smart birdies
Old 03-12-2008, 08:15 AM   #401
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Apparently someone figured out they're descended from birds of prey, way back when... the hooked bill and all that... And they have a very complex social structure. Smart birdies
I wonder what they taste like, too.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to go and eat.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #402
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
From the Wikipedia article on Haast's Eagle:

HOLY CRAP, why hasn't anyone formed a martial art style based off this animal yet?
Cos humans can't fly (unless you're in one of those Crouching Tiger movies), let alone attack bodily at 80kph?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #403
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Cos humans can't fly (unless you're in one of those Crouching Tiger movies), let alone attack bodily at 80kph?
Hasn't stopped them from creating scorpion, tiger, preying mantis and eagle styles though!

Ahh those crazy Shaolin monks. The things they get up to with their spare time up in the mountains.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #404
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Screw this, as soon as I'm healthy I'm developing a "Haast's Eagle Claw Style Kung Fu".

I can see it already - lots of jumps and running, quick, dynamic kicks, lightning-fast strikes and a fair bit of grappling. A mix of Muay Thai, Wushu, Taekwondo and Judo.

This will be made of awesome and I insist you teach it to me!

Quote:
I also wonder what one of them tastes like.
Like IT'S GOING TO EAT YOU FIRST.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:52 PM
Quote:
Like I choose a team because of their mascot. I support them because the rest of the family the same generation as myself did. I'm not sure how it began, but it stuck.

Maj, AFL is a fantastic sport because it has high, frequent scoring, balls to the wall toughness (though it's softened up with some bullshit rules this decade) and because it's incredifuckably entertaining.

Tags
superthread