Vogan, Togo Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As if Porcupine Tree's 55 minute "song cycle" wasn't enough sprawling prog for the year, I just found out Transatlantic's new album will be a single 77 minute long song.

Shouldn't judge a book by its cover or a song by its length, but seventy-seven minutes? There is a staggeringly high probability of FAIL here.

But most of those people posting are the sort of people, that you know, kinda like pitchfork, probably ... i've never liked those posters much anyway, either they prefer to stay away from EYKIW or they just don't like U2.

Yeah. :|

As if Porcupine Tree's 55 minute "song cycle" wasn't enough sprawling prog for the year, I just found out Transatlantic's new album will be a single 77 minute long song.

Shouldn't judge a book by its cover or a song by its length, but seventy-seven minutes? There is a staggeringly high probability of FAIL here.

That is a high probability of a facepalm.

:doh:

Awww! It's been my weekend for a week now. :dance:

Whatever it is, I'm gonna go take a nap.

:wave:

Daniel, I expect 16 to be a damn good song. "We wrote this in 4 minutes, recorded it in 4 minutes, mixed it in 4 minutes, spent 4 minutes playing it back ... and that's got nothing to do with why it's called 16!"

I like you, and I'mma gonna let you finish, but Hawaiian pizzas are the best OF ALL TIME!

:wink:

Pineapple on pizzas is sinful! :angry:

This is a rectangular thick crust pizza with a sauce made out of three types of tomato topped with shredded ham, pepperoni and mozzarella... it's more carnivorous than what I usually make but that don't matter none. :drool:

I like you, and I'mma gonna let you finish, but Hawaiian pizzas are the best OF ALL TIME!

:wink:

I think you meant to say Meatlovers. The more meat piled upon a pizza, the better it is likely to be.

Tacos for me tonight. :drool:

Aren't you guys lucky with your dinner tonight. As for me, I have a little plastic can of tuna together with mayonnaise and corn. But I could crack corn and nobody would care.

Aren't you guys lucky with your dinner tonight. As for me, I have a little plastic can of tuna together with mayonnaise and corn. But I could crack corn and nobody would care.

... wow, I'm tempted to send you a couple of sympathy tacos. Bonnie, pop down the road and give this man a slice of pizza!

Wait, what? I hadn't heard anything about this.

It's on the news here but I can't find any articles about it online, not even on the AdelaideNow site. It might have been going on for a few months now but in any case, this is the first I and Seven News have heard of it.

It was approved by local Elders (not sure if it was all of them), but COME ON, how is this going to help? People will probably be buying twice as much as booze, and any law that only effects one race is blatantly racist. Oh, but all aborigines are alcoholics, yeah. :rolleyes: The best thing is just to educate people further and maybe get this racist bullshit out of our laws, then maybe we can eradicate it every fucking where else...

It's on the news here but I can't find any articles about it online, not even on the AdelaideNow site. It might have been going on for a few months now but in any case, this is the first I and Seven News have heard of it.

It was approved by local Elders (not sure if it was all of them), but COME ON, how is this going to help? People will probably be buying twice as much as booze, and any law that only effects one race is blatantly racist. Oh, but all aborigines are alcoholics, yeah. :rolleyes: The best thing is just to educate people further and maybe get this racist bullshit out of our laws, then maybe we can eradicate it every fucking where else...

I've always had qualms with the various laws that restrict the import or consumption of alcohol on Aboriginal lands. And this? Wow, Ceduna. If it's a decision taken freely by elders, then that makes it a bit more awkward, but I must admit I have a hard time believing elders would unanimously reach such a decision without external coercion. Yes, we all know that alcohol has a greater negative impact on Aboriginal people than white people, but restricting its sale is - as you say - blatantly racist bullshit and doesn't actually DO anything about alcohol abuse amongst the Aboriginal population. EDUCATION does that.

And white Australia needs to stop pretending it's oh-so-more responsible with alcohol than the Aboriginal population.

Back
Top Bottom