Useless Loop Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
Who the fuck calls lunch dinner?

That's just fucked up

jen said lunch is dinner or dinner is lunch or something. confused the fuck out of me. speaking of snacks, i think i need to finally have that shower, and then eat some leftover pizza.

Varitek said:

what's up Lemon Melon?

It's 3 AM, and I'm honestly contemplating the beginnings of an epic CD collection cataloging project. Basically, what happens when I get really bored late at night when my parents are still awake.

coolian2 said:
Who the fuck calls lunch dinner?

That's just fucked up

I've noticed it as an old-fashioned thing, where 'dinner' is used to refer to the largest meal of the day, be it at lunchtime or teatime.

caution.jpg

The meals of the day according to Axver:

Breakfast
Morning tea (absolutely no drink of tea required nor even relevant - but thanks for thinking it is, ignorant America)
Lunch
Afternoon tea (see morning tea)
Dinner (aka tea)
Supper (light snack in late evening)

growing up, lunch during the week was 'lunch'. The big sit down affair in the weekend was 'dinner'.
The evening meal has always been 'tea' :crazy:

How did I survive that unscathed? :lol:

the tourist said:

It would have been better if the sign said something normal, but had a smaller sign that warned of the edges on the larger one, and so on into infinity. It would be pretty mindblowing, actually.

Axver said:
The meals of the day according to Axver:

Breakfast
Morning tea (absolutely no drink of tea required nor even relevant - but thanks for thinking it is, ignorant America)
Lunch
Afternoon tea (see morning tea)
Dinner (aka tea)
Supper (light snack in late evening)

Too bad someone named it after the beverage, and therefore it's associated with it. :shrug:

LemonMelon said:

It's 3 AM, and I'm honestly contemplating the beginnings of an epic CD collection cataloging project. Basically, what happens when I get really bored late at night when my parents are still awake.

um, dare I ask what happens when you get really bored at night and your parents are not still awake?

coolian2 said:

I know we still call lunch at Christmas time Christmas Dinner.

But who regularly still uses the term?

Nobody younger than about 65 in my experience!

coolian2 said:

I know we still call lunch at Christmas time Christmas Dinner.

But who regularly still uses the term?

On Sundays my family had dinner at 2 pm. No lunch. But then supper at like 8 or 9 (very small meal).

the tourist said:

Too bad someone named it after the beverage, and therefore it's associated with it. :shrug:

Too bad Americans are so ignorant that that's the only association they can make.

Varitek said:

um, dare I ask what happens when you get really bored at night and your parents are not still awake?

Let's just say that Screwtape would have no idea what I was talking about, even if I carefully described it to him.

LemonMelon said:

Let's just say that Screwtape would have no idea what I was talking about, even if I carefully described it to him.

:lmao:

Axver said:

Too bad Americans are so ignorant that that's the only association they can make.

So "tea" is no longer a beverage? It's now a meal, too? I can be silly, too. I'm going to have morning Coke tomorrow (no coke included, but of course, you oughta fucking know that or you're an ignorant New Zealander/Australian).

the tourist said:

So "tea" is no longer a beverage? It's now a meal, too? I can be silly, too. I'm going to have morning Coke tomorrow (no coke included, but of course, you oughta fucking know that or you're an ignorant New Zealander/Australian).

mmmm morning coke :drool:

:shifty:

snnnniffffffff.

I've had my iPod for three years and it doesn't have a mark on it.

I had my old phone for nearly 4 or 5 years and it's not in great shape, but it's still quite acceptable.

I've had my new phone since my birthday, 5 days ago. I've been using the phone for 4 days and the bloody thing is already scratched to hell.

coolian2 said:
I had a Lipton Iced Tea today.

Not bad, but i won't be buying it again.

</random>

From powder, or straight out of a bottle? Love that stuff, I must say.

the tourist said:

Funny how the usage of 'tea' to refer to a meal is centuries old. Not my fault you and your ignorant compatriots weren't aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom