UFO's--real or hoax? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:13 PM
UFO's--real or hoax?

I'm interested in what people think of the whole idea of UFO's, whether or not they are real or a hoax or a bad joke or what? I wasn't sure whether I should put this in LS or FYM. Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Old 09-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:13 PM
I believe that there is life out there somewhere...whether it comes in flying saucers i have no idea.

Who knows, aliens might already be here, but in a form that our eyes can't see......just food for thought.

Old 09-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:13 PM
I believe they could be real. I always thought the chance of life out there is better than the chance there is none, and who's to say they aren't smarter than us and found us first? I know a lot of people who believe we have found some but the gov't will not tell anybody out of fear of panic (no particular president, everybody since Roswell) Area 51 seems just too fishy to me. I think something is there. When people ask for access to the gov't papers and 90% is blacked out, that makes it look like they're hiding something

So I do believe there have been some real ones, but also some were hoaxes or other things sometimes too. They keep discovering more planets all the time now, and it's very exciting. The more we find, the better the chances we'll find aliens!

What about the Marfa lights in Texas? People have tried to write those off as car headlights or reflections, but how come the cowboys saw them years before there were cars, and the Native Americans saw them years before there were any trains?

Some things just can never be explained.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:09 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:13 PM
There is some funky stuff out there............
Old 09-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
IMHO, I think there are extra-terrestrials somewhere out there. As for UFO's...sure, why not

The best reasoning for this belief comes from the book "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn (a really intriguing piece of work, I might add). Anyhoo, an interesting event is hypothesized, whereby an interview with a jellyfish is established millions of years ago (during the time when jellyfish were the most advanced species on the planet). The jellyfish and the interviewer discuss a few concepts, mainly dealing with the world and all it's inhabitants. From the jellyfish's p-o-v, there is no world outside of the water, and they are the end-all, be-all of existence. Of course, millions of years later, if someone were to ask us these questions, we would roughly give the same responses.

...just a little food for thought
Old 09-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #6
Local Time: 09:13 AM
They are real, some of human origin and some of ET origin.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #7
New Yorker
Local Time: 03:13 PM
We've seen some pretty weird things in our sky...

We're not terribly far from NORAD and see fighter jets, helicopters, etc., alot. Every once and awhile, we see something a bit...inexplicable.

So, yeah, I totally think they are UFO's.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:35 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

The belief in UFO's is another attempt to fill the God shaped hole in us.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:09 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
I'm not sure about UFOs. I haven't studied them enough to have an answer either way. I'm open to possibilities though....

Ghosts I DO believe in.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:13 AM
I believe there is life out there somewhere but Im not all that convinced by the evidence of ETs bottom probing hick farmers.

I watched a documentary on UFOs once where it was stated that in the 1800s there were many angel sightings. In the 1900s the number of angel sightings dropped dramatically but there was a tremendous amount of UFO sightings instead.

So, over time, people witness "things", its just how the popular culture of the time interprets these "things" that differs.

What are they seeing? I dont know.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:26 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:13 PM
The possibility of other "life" out there is pretty much an almost absolute. Is there intelligent life WAY out there, probebly. Are they visiting Earth and do they resemble humans, I doubdt it.

U.F.O's definately exist to the general public. I believe that 85% of the time its top secret military operations (which explains the blacked out sections of the government documents mentioned above). 7% of the time it some type of natural ocurring phenomena in the environment. 8% of the time its a deliberate hoax.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #12
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Local Time: 04:13 PM
UFO's do exist. i've seen them myself
or rather i've seen an Unidentified Flying Object which is what UFO stands for.

now whether there's actually life out there or little green men in space ships? i don't know about that, i've never seen anything like that. but i firmly believe that there has to be some sort of life out there besides us, especially with all these new planets they're finding. the odds are against there NOT being life out there, even if it is some sort of little ameba or begining life forms some where.

is there intelligent life out there? i'm not so sure about that. at least if there is intelligent life that can communicate, like us, i'm not so sure we may even be able to reach it in our lifetime with our technology.

i think a lot of 'UFOs" are actually test aircraft for the military, i.e. the stealth bomber would have looked totally alien to us if we'd seen it flying in the sky years ago. also some of the UFOs may be natural phenomena like the Marfa lights.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #13
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 06:13 PM

If I exist, then anything can exist.
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-05-2004, 09:26 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I believe.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:42 PM   #15
Local Time: 02:13 PM