u2 fan in trouble - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 06-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Originally posted by wolfeden

You can make an anonymous phone call; your state's child protection services may be able to help her before it's too late. Her school should have picked up on this as well but these days you never know.
She's 20, or I would have 10 times over. Our school actually went so far as sending her home (kicking her out of the dorms even though she's like a 4.0 nursing student) for first semster. She came back even thinner.

I worry about her b/c obviously her mother is such a thick headed that she doesn't seem to notice her daughter looks like she stepped out of a time capsul from Auschwitz and her friends are too nice and non-confrontational to ever get in her face or her parents face about it. We had another girl with anorexia also on our floor this year and her parents shipped her off to a psych ward for two months. She came back happier and healthier and looked like a normal size woman.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:22 PM   #17
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Local Time: 09:31 AM
Originally posted by MrBrau1
I've never understood the skin/bones look. Kate Moss looks like she's got an intestinal disease. Very unhealthy, the exact opposite of sexy.
You know, I think really it's WOMEN who drive the whole "thin is in" thing. I have yet to meet a man who is attracted to a skin and bones woman.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:13 PM   #18
New Yorker
Local Time: 07:31 AM
skin and bones

Old 06-27-2004, 05:36 PM   #19
War Child
Local Time: 02:31 PM
I'm confused cos I can't find any information at all on that site except an option to sign a guestbook...obviously m even more computer illiterate than I thought...