Twatt, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

My b-sides collection - which doesn't even include some of my favourite b-sides, just those from the early/mid eighties not on the Best Of B-sides - is my third favourite U2 disc, behind UF and JT.

Did you put unreleased stuff like Be There on that disc too? That song should have made an album. Put that after Surrender and make 40 more like the live version, War would be a classic.

coolian2 said:
We can safely agree if U2 have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, 90% of the time they'll fuck it up royally.

To me it isn't about getting it right or wrong but rather writing great songs. Nothing from the last two albums are ranked very high in my mind. Larry is lost. Edge isn't painting and Bono needs to learn to write great lyrics again. What they need is a new producer. A modern day Brian Eno getting the most out the band lyrically and sonically. They need me in a year or two. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Did you put unreleased stuff like Be There on that disc too? That song should have made an album. Put that after Surrender and make 40 more like the live version, War would be a classic.

No, it's a collection of songs somebody uploaded in lossless a while back.

1. Out Of Control (U2:3 version)
2. Stories For Boys (U2:3 version)
3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
5. Twilight (b-side version)
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart
16. Race Against Time

As you can tell, it's (mostly) chronological order, but it's still fucking awesome. :drool:

And yeah, Be There should have been on War - a little more development and it would've been quite good. The exclusion of Treasure is criminal too. Throw out Red Light and put Treasure in that spot.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Sweet insults for the win :up: My favourite though is this one:

'While you were sleeping I was listening to the radio and wondering what you're dreaming when it came to mind that I didn't care" From 'Rest Stop' by Matchbox Twenty.

i LOVE that line. i really like matchbox 20.

Making a Desert Island playlist at the last minute is really hard. Even more so when you should be writing a poem for school. :wink:

I want to write something in the form of spoken word poetry. Like Walk To The Water or Luminous Times. Here comes a lovey-dovey poem. Delightful. :bonodrum:

Well, I need to go to the Royal Historical Society and uni. I'll see you folk in about 5-6 hours. Have a good one, everybody. :wave:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I'm busy eating a Choco Taco :drool:

We buy those in school everyday, but we call them "Choco Vag's" because of reasons that are obvious when you look at it. Which leads to jokes about the "quality" of your vag when you open it. Good times. Immaturity FTW.

Varitek said:
i'm still confused but i feel like it's not really worth knowing

Just some guy who's convinced that someone in PLEBA has an exact schedule of when U2 will be in HQ.

And posted in three threads with the exact same questions.

Screwtape2 said:

I love it too. I would try to get that kind of pure emotion out of Bono if I was producing them. My main goal with Bono would be to give him a title and have him let out whatever he was thinking into the microphone. We need a modern day Be There. :drool:

That would be Elvis Presley and America. We have no idea how Be There came about so far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom