TomKat Part 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:24 AM
i recorded it to watch later today. we'll see what mr. cruise has to say.

Old 04-15-2006, 07:38 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Let us know Doozer. We need a good laugh.
I missed the show - by the time I remembered it was supposed to air, I think 20/20 was on (didn't watch that either)

Old 04-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #18
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Did anybody else watch the Cruise interview?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:12 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:24 AM
I watched it, I didn't expect him to say anything other then to deny all the stories. pr machine and all that. Of course some of them could be false and probably are. Whatever else you can say about him, I do believe that he is a very good and devoted father. I'm sure his own experience with his own father has made that so important to him, and I think it has probably had a major impact in his life.

His father was also physically abusive according to this recent Parade Magazine article

http://www.parade.com/articles/editi...m_Cruise_cover

“He was a bully and a coward,” Cruise said of the father who beat him. “He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a great lesson in my life—how he’d lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang! For me, it was like, ‘There’s something wrong with this guy. Don’t trust him. Be careful around him.’ There’s that anxiety.”
Old 04-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 AM
My biggest problem with Tom Cruise is how he comes across so fake. It's very possible that he is a good father and that's the case than great! But I was completely turned off from him when he started acting like a raving lunatic. To the point now where I can't even tolerate him long enough to watch him in a interview.

And Im sorry but I find it incredibly odd that Holmes STILL hasn't had this kid yet.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:41 PM   #21
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 08:24 PM
Mmmm when did the news of Katie bring preggers brake? It seems longer then 9 months!

My mum told me tonight that there is speculation the kid isn't even his. Like not just the regular gay jokes, but something more then that. hrmmmmmmm

BUT i think he is scary, and what scares me the most is his agressive streak with scientology. Not only are people not allowed to mention it, or poke fun at it (eg all that south ark shit) but how quickly he converted Katie you know. Its really scary.
IF i were here parents, i kidnap her away from him!!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
Mmmm when did the news of Katie bring preggers brake? It seems longer then 9 months!

My mum told me tonight that there is speculation the kid isn't even his. Like not just the regular gay jokes, but something more then that. hrmmmmmmm

BUT i think he is scary, and what scares me the most is his agressive streak with scientology. Not only are people not allowed to mention it, or poke fun at it (eg all that south ark shit) but how quickly he converted Katie you know. Its really scary.
IF i were here parents, i kidnap her away from him!!
I still dout if this child is really his. Had to put money on it I would say that it isn't. And I think he's rather assertive about Scientology too. It's almost like he takes it to the extreme.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

I was just saying that he seems like a devoted father, I'm not defending his Scientology fixation/raving lunacy, whatever or saying that is irrelevant. For me he first crossed the line w/ the Brooke Shields thing, postpartum depression is a serious and real medical and chemical condition that he knows nothing about (even though he thinks he knows everything about it). He had no right to butt into her personal life like that. I understand his issues about an abusive father, unfortunately.. and I just sympathize with that aspect of his life.

from GQ article

Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I was just saying that he seems like a devoted father, I'm not defending his Scientology fixation/raving lunacy, whatever or saying that is irrelevant. For me he first crossed the line w/ the Brooke Shields thing, postpartum depression is a serious and real medical and chemical condition that he knows nothing about (even though he thinks he knows everything about it). He had no right to butt into her personal life like that. I understand his issues about an abusive father, unfortunately.. and I just sympathize with that aspect of his life.

from GQ article

Have to admit that's a very sweet picture of the two.

Oh and personally I don't feel you need to defend your statement about him being a devoted father. Think it's great that he didn't follow in the steps of his own father with that type of behavior. Know unfortunately that too many times children have turned into the kind of abuser their parents may have been. Tom sincerely seems different with his own and that really counts for something. Just wish he would get the rest of his act together. Really did cross the line with his post partum remark.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosBaby12

I still dout if this child is really his. Had to put money on it I would say that it isn't.
Until I see a DNA profile, I ain't believing this one.

I don't believe a single thing about their relationship is genuine. She seems totally high on Xanax half the time with her "awesome!" and "magnificent!" and "amazing!" and he's just totally lost his mind.

And that's some elephantine gestation she's having there.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:05 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

from GQ article

[/B]
Ya know, if I saw this pic months ago I would think this is genuine. But seeing it now and seeing how he is a raving lunatic it just seems fake.

It is a really sweet pic though.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Old 04-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

They must have put him on a step stool to take that picture. She's definitely taller than him. And oh, does he ever have short man complex.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 PM   #29
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

...short man complex
Old 04-17-2006, 12:40 AM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 09:24 AM
It still creeps me out that when Tom Cruise did Risky Business, Katie Holmes was only 5 years old.

I also heard that Tom Cruise was so infactuated with Katie Holmes, that he had "his people" try to get her to meet him so that he can have her fall in love with him, because he was so infactuated with her, even though he barely knew her or even met her. It was sort of like Tom Cruise would do anything to get what he wants.

Then there's the recent article about Tom Cruise talking about his sex life with Katie Holmes. You would think that he would have been a little bit more private, especially when it comes to stuff like that. Nobody in their right mind would talk so publicly about their private lives, I don't care how much you are in love. You would think Hollywood celebrities would try to be as private as they can. This guy is the total opposite. It's as if Tom Cruise is making a jackass of himself each and every day. His image is totally shot. I wonder how Mission Impossible 3 will do at the box office.