Tom Cruise on Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2girlcj

War Child
Happened to catch the replay tonight - was anyone else as disturbed as I was to see the new Tom Cruise? :yikes:

While I appreciate that he is in love for the "first time," does he have to act like a crazy person? All that high fiving, kneeling to hit the ground, the over-the-top laughing fits and the jumping up and down down make you look like you're high on *something* Tom, but it ain't love. :huh:

I took a few stills while I watched the show. :|

pict2882.jpg
pict2883.jpg
pict2884.jpg

pict2887.jpg
pict2889.jpg
pict2891.jpg

Defamer got better shots here though: http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/go...-photoblogging-tom-cruise-on-oprah-104673.php

I saw parts of that show yesterday.

I don't know, he was working this "I'm in love for the first time" thing a little too hard for me. :coocoo:

I guess since he has this new movie coming out, he has to do something to keep his name in the papers. :shrug:

Although they showed a trailer for 'War of the Worlds' before 'Star Wars' and it looks really good, at least from what I saw from the trailer.

Oh, come on, leave him alone. I have always liked him because everyone that meets him says that he is extremely nice.

bsp77 said:
Oh, come on, leave him alone. I have always liked him because everyone that meets him says that he is extremely nice.

I'm not saying I don't like him. I've been enjoying his movies
since 'The Outsiders', 'Taps' and 'All the Right Moves'.
All I'm saying is that to me he is trying too hard to prove a point
that he is in love for the first time.

I agree with what Kelly says about how does that make his
kids feel, he is going around saying that he is in love for the first
time acting all crazy. What kind of message is that sending to his kids,
"I didn't really love your mom". Just say your in love and let
it stand at that.

mdw3935 said:

I'm not saying I don't like him. I've been enjoying his movies
since 'The Outsiders', 'Taps' and 'All the Right Moves'.
All I'm saying is that to me he is trying too hard to prove a point
that he is in love for the first time.

I agree with what Kelly says about how does that make his
kids feel, he is going around saying that he is in love for the first
time acting all crazy. What kind of message is that sending to his kids,
"I didn't really love your mom". Just say your in love and let
it stand at that.

:up:

I would feel horrible if I was one of his 2 ex-wives, watching him go goofy over his "first love" at age 42 :|

As a child of divorce, when my father remarried and told me he never really loved my mother, I was crushed. Of course there are a million things I'm choosing not to discuss here for good reason.

Anyway, I have to agree with those above and their sympathy for the children. Being in the public eye, with your parents always in the spotlight and being raised by nannies surely is tough on emotions. Mix that with your dad saying that he is "in love" for the first time is damn sure earth-shattering and is fairly humiliating to Nicole.

That all said, I've always liked Tom Cruise as a celeb and an actor. I've heard psycho things about how he is behind the scenes, but I also know he has a rep for being very kind to those around him. Who knows what he's up to. But if this romance is a sham, I highly doubt he'd ever do that to his children.

^ :lmao:

was anyone else embarrassed for him while watching this? i'm all for being deliriously happy in love, but i mean, c'mon. that just made me cringe.

and given the state of celebrity relationships, when this one finally crashes and burns, he may look back at this and realize that he was acting like an idiot.

I don't know what to do when people are that physically expressive in conversation. They scare me.

skjuls said:

ok he's nice but you can be nice and act a little nutty.

So he wasn't in love with Nicole and their marriage lasted 10 years??

hmmmmmmmmmm

dit-to. Tho' their marriage didn't *quite* last 10 years... he filed for divorce after 9 years and 11 months :shrug: (it's a little something having to do with community property procedures in California - 10 years and you split it 50/50)

Those screen shots pretty much sum up the hour. Just imagine watching that over and over again for an hour and you get the jist. :crack: :no:

If you missed it I GUARANTEE it will be shown (and ridiculed) on The Soup or Best Week Ever this Friday!! :lol:

EDIT: Look! All my smilies are yellow! That's so cute~!

Last edited:
I actually surprised Oprah didn't tell him to take it down a notch or twenty. She's usually very good about keeping her guests in line.

It's one thing to be 22 and in love for the first time. It's another thing to be 42 and in love "for the first time."

i dont see what the big deal is.. from what i see in the stills, sure, he was acting deliriously, but so what? if i had to sit through 'oprah' id act insane too! would you rather sit and answer those BOORING questions, probably asked for the 1000th time by yet some other person who does not actually care about the answer, or would you do crazy stuff?

and about the whole 'my first love' thing.. i think there are two possibilities here, either he is totally in love and its driven him nuts, or he just really needs to believe that he is, which is more likely. see, because, from what ive observed in people, as young men, they do these things to find true love, and when they get old, they do them because of the desperation of not finding it.

the guy is just as human as rest of us, you know. if he wants to act crazy, just let him.

I saw the show - twice actually. I don't think he's in love for the "first time". But the feelings he is feeling for Kate are ones that he's never felt before. Possibly whatever connection they have... It did seem a little over the top, all the jumping up on Oprah's couch, the kneeling down, the laughing. A couple times, sure, but he kept doing it. Oprah said she's known Tom for a while now, and never seen him like this. Good for him - if he's happy. But hope nothing goes awry as celebrity relationships tend to do. Then he might look back on the interview regretfully. Oh well.. time will tell.

Now, let's stay tuned for Wednesday's show with NATE!!! I wish he'd come (re)decorate my house. He's a doll :wink: :yes:

When I'm 42, and sleeping with a 20 something hottie, I'm pretty sure I will be acting goofy too.:wink:

i watched the show and I don't remember him saying he was in love for the "first time" but i do remember seeing about 100 women and 1 man screaming their lungs out in the audience. I'm a big Tom Cruise fan but the whole experience was a bit frightening.

Back
Top Bottom