Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Hank Aaron- 755
2. Barry Bonds*- 734
2. Babe Ruth- 714
4. Willie Mays- 660
5. Interference MLB Thread Part One- 615
6. Sammy Sosa- 588
7. Frank Robinson- 586
8. Mark McGwire- 583
9. Harmon Kilebrew- 573
10. Rafael Palmeiro- 569
11. Reggie Jackson- 563
12. Mike Schmidt- 548
13. Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread, Part One- 546
14. Mickey Mantle- 536
15. Jimmie Foxx- 534
16. Willie McCovey- 521
T16. Ted Williams- 521
18. Eddie Matthews- 512
T18. Ernie Banks- 512
20. Mel Ott- 511

these recent threads are obviously on some sort of performance enhancers...

U2democrat said:
Yay phillyfan :applaud: Glad to have another Card fan on here. That makes what...4? lol

I don't even know how many Mets fans are on here besides me, Headache and Numb.

lets draw a line in the sand and choose sides.

Anyonw got any word on the probability of them playing tonight? I heard its supposed to rain for a good portion of the night.

I cannot tell you how much I hate the Mets, as a Philadelphia fan. The whole city of New York just pisses me off.

i really wanted the game to be played last night... every met fan on earth was giddy as can be because glavine gets an extra day's rest now... whoopity doo. i feel like i'm the only one who didn't care about that.

the reasons why i think it could hurt more than help...
--of course, met fans who were so gung ho about glavine getting the extra day of rest completely forget that weaver gets an extra day of rest, too
--pujols is apparently a little banged up with a hammy or something... he gets a day of rest, also.
--the cardinals bullpen was beat up and worn thin sunday night... now they're rested.
--it's only a pitching advantage to the mets if glavine throws a gem tonight... at least 7 innings. if the mets bullpen has to go 4+ innings tonight, they have to play 2 more games (maybe) with john maine going in game 6, who was shaky last time out, and either darren oliver, who started maybe 1 game all year, steve trachsel or oliver perez on short rest in game 7... thus then the bullpen will be needed. the bullpen is very good, but when over-worked it's not nearly as good.

but hey... it is what it is. glavine wins tonight, goes 7 innings, and everything's golden.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i really wanted the game to be played last night... every met fan on earth was giddy as can be because glavine gets an extra day's rest now... whoopity doo. i feel like i'm the only one who didn't care about that.

the reasons why i think it could hurt more than help...
--of course, met fans who were so gung ho about glavine getting the extra day of rest completely forget that weaver gets an extra day of rest, too
--pujols is apparently a little banged up with a hammy or something... he gets a day of rest, also.
--the cardinals bullpen was beat up and worn thin sunday night... now they're rested.
--it's only a pitching advantage to the mets if glavine throws a gem tonight... at least 7 innings. if the mets bullpen has to go 4+ innings tonight, they have to play 2 more games (maybe) with john maine going in game 6, who was shaky last time out, and either darren oliver, who started maybe 1 game all year, steve trachsel or oliver perez on short rest in game 7... thus then the bullpen will be needed. the bullpen is very good, but when over-worked it's not nearly as good.

but hey... it is what it is. glavine wins tonight, goes 7 innings, and everything's golden.

While I think youve overanalized this waaaay too much, I thought the same thing about the cardinals pen getting to rest. I thought that if we got to them in the fifth last night (if there was a game) they would have to throw someone out there that was worn out.

GO METS!!!!!

i think it probably helps both teams equally, and it was probably the best thing to happen. 5 games in 5 days with each team having only 4 starters is not the best way to determine the NLCS.

big game tonight though, even though the cardinals have the pitching advantage for games 6 and 7, i dont see them winning both games in new york. i fear weavers luck running out and getting lit up tonight, but we'll see.

i think it helped the cardinals as well because hopefully it cools down the mets momentum a little bit. but really in the longrun, the rain doesn't matter.

:hmm:

millslane.jpg

Back
Top Bottom