Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How ironic is it that Jeff Weaver is the winning pitcher in the clinching game of the World Series?!?!?! :eyebrow:

The guy was like 2-10 for the Angels and struggled through the regular season...wow, show's you how easily things can change when the stakes get higher.

Congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals...83 wins the lowest regular season amount for a World Series winner, but you can't take it away from them. :applaud:

joerags said:
83 wins

That's all you need to win a World Series title.

Eighty-freaking-three wins.

Does the regular season mean anything anymore in sports?

:shrug:

Congrats Cards

:applaud:

To Jeff Weaver, who broke all Yankee hearts (especially mine) for giving up that homer to Alex Gonzalez that cost us Game 4 in 2003, I curse thee.

:mad:

:wink:

Big bats will get you a lot of regular-season wins.

A strong, deep stable of pitchers, an ability to scratch out runs and good defense will get you postseason wins.

full.getty-72218937cc082_world_series__1_51_33_am.jpg

I have to admit that I'm a little shocked a NL team won the World Series this year. :huh:

Oh well, at least the Sock won't have to hear "2006 World Champs" everytime they visit Detroit. :

Jeff Weaver won't go down as a good pitcher in MLB history, but last night he pretty much pitched the game of his life. Hats off to him and the 2006 World Champs!

8 IP, 1 ER, 9 K for Jeff Weaver in a WS clinching game is unbelievable

Dave Duncan is a miracle worker. People keep saying our pitching has been lucky, or the hitters are in a funk, but the pitching has been amazing for 3 series. You might be able to luck your way through one round, but to go basically a month with great pitching means they are probably pretty good.

im still in shock.

this is so huge for the city, the Cardinals are St Louis

full.getty-72218937cc067_world_series__1_09_17_am.jpg

just amazing stuff

i for one hope the cubs keep losing but thats just me :wink:

and WHY does espn.com's poll not include the cardinals? who wins the 2007 world series? wouldn't you think that as defending champs they'd have earned the right to be on said poll?

several days after winning it all, the latest poll of most dangerous cities emerges. The winner for the most dangerous city for 2005 is St Louis.

#2 is Detroit.
#3 was Flint; also in Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom