Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just for laffs, here's a picture of Jeff Suppan's finest hour.

1098877145_8324.jpg

Numb1075 said:

I remember reading an article maybe 15 years ago, and it was talking about a minor leaguer who was consistenly throwing the ball 100 mph. it turns out it was an april fools joke article.

I remember that article, in Sports Illustrated...about a Mets prospect who could hit some crazy number like 106 on the radar gun. The initials of the article title spelled out "Happy April Fool's Day"

Tonight is huge, if the Cardinals lose tonight, that means it will be up to Reyes to win a game or they will go back to Detroit down 3-2. That's a scary thought.

So I think whoever wins tonight, will win the series.

im going to go ahead and say that whoever wins tomorrow will have the big mo'...since tonight looks like a sure-fire rain out.

and even if the cardinals lose game 4, i expect them to win the series still.

actually it looks like game 4 has a better shot of being played than game 5 does

should be light showers on and off tonight, might be some delays, but the game should be played. the big thunderstorms are coming tomorrow, so says the weathermen

oh. i read something on stltoday.com that said tonight looked worse. maybe i misread it or they changed it. silly weathermen.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals ... the They'll-Be-Lucky-To-Win-A-Game Cardinals ... have done just enough at just the right times. And they've done it with leadoff man David Eckstein hitting .154, Preston Wilson hitting .143 and Albert Pujols hitting .200.

tigers in 3 right, usa today?

If Yadier Molina ends up leading the team in total bases during the postseason (he has 24, 2 behind Pujols), I am pretty sure the world will fall off its axis. This is very disturbing.

Bye April! It was interesting (read: fun) to see you in PEUP! ;)

I still haven't determined whether the Cardinals' pitching staff is playing at the top of their game right now, or whether the Tigers' just suck balls at hitting.

I wonder if the time off killed Detroit's momentum. :hmm:

speedracer said:
If Yadier Molina ends up leading the team in total bases during the postseason (he has 24, 2 behind Pujols), I am pretty sure the world will fall off its axis. This is very disturbing.

i find it very disturbing this team is even in the playoffs. a team that wins 83 games all year are considered wordl champions? is that the state sports is in?

What next? A 8-8 or 7-9 super-bowl champion?

TheBrush said:

i find it very disturbing this team is even in the playoffs. a team that wins 83 games all year are considered wordl champions? is that the state sports is in?

What next? A 8-8 or 7-9 super-bowl champion?

Well the Steelers were the lowest seed in the AFC last year

Back
Top Bottom