Three Cocks, Wales Superthread - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #946
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:27 PM
http://www.samesame.com.au/features/...eing-Henry.htm

"Bands make so much fun of U2. Ask any band on the bandstand, say U2 and the band starts laughing. Because the drummer can’t play. Bass player plods along. The guitar player, if he didn’t have Brian Eno, he wouldn’t have a guitar sound. It’s basically a Brian Eno guitar sound played by guy who’s got one trick. That’s why there’s no leads, because the guys got nothing in there. And lyrically, I mean, whatever. You like God, you go ahead with that. That melts your butter you go for it."

That's our boy!

Old 04-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #947
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yellow's the best colour there is. Though admittedly it would look almost as stupid as pink in the context of that poster.

But the Chennai Super Kings' yellow uniform is awesome, and I'm kind of jealous that Aussie sports teams get yellow. Though black is my second favourite colour and Wellington is yellow and black, so it all works out.

/uncombines posts to help postwhorehouse progress
Yellow is good on sports uniforms and with other colours, but bare I find it unbearably depressing. So much about it being the 'happy' colour. I'd much rather look at orange, as far as hotter colours go.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #948
Blue Crack Addict

The demotivational posters thread really needs a kick up the arse.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #949
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Yeah, the dedication with ancient history and archaeology is really astounding. I keep on wondering when I should take a course in ancient Greek, if I should do it when I'm much older, or just part time during Tafe or something. Once you've got that, everything is awesome because you don't have to rely on shaky and sometimes biased English translations.

I'm not great with dates, though, and since there aren't so many exact dates of note in ancient history, I feel more suited to it than modern.
I'd actually like to do some Greek too, but it's due to my theological interest. I feel I could even more effectively study and argue New Testament stuff if I could read it in the original language.

I'm good with dates and analysing/synthesising printed documents. I'd be absolutely useless as an ancient historian - mainly due to the vision - but put me in a government archive and I'm in my element.

Quote:
Gotta say, if I saw some good shoegaze band shirts, I'd definitely buy them.

I've never owned any U2 shirts, but I have this long stripped jacket that Bono definitely would have worn in about 1988. I expect everyone to think the same way about it, so it counts as U2 merchandise to me.
When I grow my hair out, does my 'fro count as U2 merch?

My other two U2 shirts are modern ones. One has the HTDAAB cover, and one is of Edge's handprint with some slogan on it. I'm sure you can imagine why I don't wear the HTDAAB one, and the Edge's handprint one doesn't really fit comfortably.

I'm kind of tempted to go looking for band shirts online. My clothing is generally really fucking boring ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #950
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Yellow is good on sports uniforms and with other colours, but bare I find it unbearably depressing. So much about it being the 'happy' colour. I'd much rather look at orange, as far as hotter colours go.
Yeah, orange is pretty good too. And most blues.

The one colour I really can't stand is white. I don't know why the fuck people buy white cars. Who the hell wants to own a white car? Could your car be any more boring?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #951
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:

I love how mofo82 tried to claim he knows the original spirit of the thread. I hope Vazza kicks his arse.
yeah i blame him for the thread dying, and the disappearance of most of the images didn't help.

but i can't be bothered to post in iq a the moment.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #952
Vocal parasite

Quote:
http://www.samesame.com.au/features/...eing-Henry.htm

"Bands make so much fun of U2. Ask any band on the bandstand, say U2 and the band starts laughing. Because the drummer can’t play. Bass player plods along. The guitar player, if he didn’t have Brian Eno, he wouldn’t have a guitar sound. It’s basically a Brian Eno guitar sound played by guy who’s got one trick. That’s why there’s no leads, because the guys got nothing in there. And lyrically, I mean, whatever. You like God, you go ahead with that. That melts your butter you go for it."

That's our boy!
Fancy starting a shitstorm on EYKIW?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #953
Blue Crack Addict

I was just about to say "hey you take that back, my family owns white cars, man!", but actually both the cars we use regularly are dark green. I do not own a personal car, because I can't afford a Lotus Elise.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #954
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

yeah i blame him for the thread dying, and the disappearance of most of the images didn't help.

but i can't be bothered to post in iq a the moment.
Please at least call him out on this one. I'm sure most of us would still be interested in the thread or at least would've kept going with it for longer had he not hijacked it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:13 AM   #955
Blue Crack Addict

What in the name of dogg
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #956
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I was just about to say "hey you take that back, my family owns white cars, man!", but actually both the cars we use regularly are dark green. I do not own a personal car, because I can't afford a Lotus Elise.

My mother's always driven red cars. She thinks they look the best.

I'd drive a yellow or a blue car if I could, you know, drive. Though frankly, living in Melbourne, I don't think I'd bother owning one. I'd just rent one on the occasions I need one.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #957
Vocal parasite

Quote:

What in the name of dogg
WTF? I wish I could read more of it than just the top sentence and the Beautiful Day quote.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #958
Vocal parasite

Oh, did we decide on our next location? Do we want to do Geebung, or elsewhere?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 AM   #959
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

WTF? I wish I could read more of it than just the top sentence and the Beautiful Day quote.

I think I can make it out...

...yeah... I've got it!

It says this:

Quote:
Oh, did we decide on our next location? Do we want to do Geebung, or elsewhere?
Geebung sounds good. I was thinking Coca Cola in Panama, Fister in Norway or Saddam Hussein in Sri Lanka. The Mullet island near Ireland is a good one, too.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 AM   #960
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think I can make it out...

...yeah... I've got it!

It says this:

Quote:
Geebung sounds good. I was thinking Coca Cola in Panama, Fister in Norway or Saddam Hussein in Sri Lanka. The Mullet island near Ireland is a good one, too.
Hah, those are all good too. Saddam Hussein Town is one I've been meaning to do too. Ian reckons it should be "accidentally" started in FYM!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread