Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can i make a really, really pathetic confession? right after we moved here in 95, our local fox and abc channels switched places (what was fox's channel became abc, and vice versa).

the confession part? i still remember the channels the way they were right when we moved here, even though they've been different for 13 years now. abc was 13 and fox was 24. now it's the opposite, and when i go to put one on, i always revert back to the old channels. it's like...how many years will it be before i remember what channels they are now, even though they switched mere months after we moved here? :huh:

KhanadaRhodes said:
can i make a really, really pathetic confession? right after we moved here in 95, our local fox and abc channels switched places (what was fox's channel became abc, and vice versa).

the confession part? i still remember the channels the way they were right when we moved here, even though they've been different for 13 years now. abc was 13 and fox was 24. now it's the opposite, and when i go to put one on, i always revert back to the old channels. it's like...how many years will it be before i remember what channels they are now, even though they switched mere months after we moved here? :huh:

shouldn't you be drinking?

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol:

unico said:

i've no idea what this means, but :hi5:

So I have the courage and I say excuse me. She turns and smiles which leaves me speechless. I ask her if she is a volunteer here. She says she works here and continues to smile. I tell her how much I love the library and think it is great she is doing this. I know, how dorky is that. Then I introduce myself and she introduces herself, we shake hands. She was sweet during the whole thing. I say it was nice meeting her and leave. Next time I see her I intend on apoligizing for coming off as dorky as I did and that what I really wanted to do was ask her to dinner.

Screwtape2 said:

So I have the courage and I say excuse me. She turns and smiles which leaves me speechless. I ask her if she is a volunteer here. She says she works here and continues to smile. I tell her how much I love the library and think it is great she is doing this. I know, how dorky is that. Then I introduce myself and she introduces herself, we shake hands. She was sweet during the whole thing. I say it was nice meeting her and leave. Next time I see her I intend on apoligizing for coming off as dorky as I did and that what I really wanted to do was ask her to dinner.

Aw man, you shouldn't apologize to her. Don't wanna show any perceived weakness right off the bat, just ask her to dinner like a smooth motherfucker and you'll be in business.

Screwtape2 said:

Hey dude, that's awesome that you went up and talked to her! :)

Required viewing:

shaft_in_africa.jpg

Screwtape2 said:

Most relationships begin with a painfully awkward comment or two. :up: You're still in good shape. Just remember to bring your books back on time. :wink:

I usually develop pretty strong attractions to the girls I like, maybe it's part of my obsessive tendencies, I hope not. Anyway, best thing to do is play it off like you have a genuine interest in her, being careful not to give off the "I'm madly in love with you on our first date"-vibe. Definitely cool that you talked to her.

It'll end up like Old Gregg, which is only funny when Old Gregg is involved.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Aw man, you shouldn't apologize to her. Don't wanna show any perceived weakness right off the bat, just ask her to dinner like a smooth motherfucker and you'll be in business.

I think I am going to be like I know I was pretty dorky the reason is I think you stunningly beautiful and I'd like to ask you to dinner.

Screwtape2 said:

I think I am going to be like I know I was pretty dorky the reason is I think you stunningly beautiful and I'd like to ask you to dinner.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I'm gonna give it to you anyway :p
I think you should save the compliments for when you two do go on the date.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I usually develop pretty strong attractions to the girls I like, maybe it's part of my obsessive tendencies, I hope not. Anyway, best thing to do is play it off like you have a genuine interest in her, being careful not to give off the "I'm madly in love with you on our first date"-vibe. Definitely cool that you talked to her.

It'll end up like Old Gregg, which is only funny when Old Gregg is involved.

It's not love yet but damn she's sweet and beautiful. I can't believe how nice and not stunned by my dorky behavior.

I'm sorry that I told you to fuck off. I was out of line. I really do like your playlists believe it or not.

I'm afraid to give any advice in this situation, but I've got to say that once you two get to know each other better, you should take out some romantic novels or something as a hint, and maybe to give her a look into your psyche. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

It's not love yet but damn she's sweet and beautiful. I can't believe how nice and not stunned by my dorky behavior.

I'm sorry that I told you to fuck off. I was out of line. I really do like your playlists believe it or not.

I agree with Mia; keep the compliments to a minimum until you develop a comfortable enough rapport for it not to be awkward. Good to hear that she's a looker though. :up:

Hey, it's cool. Me being a little bitch about everything has been a continuing trend through the whole tourney - don't worry about it. I'm glad that we can both enjoy each others' tastes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom