This one goes out to the Testjes I love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Ja, ja. :lol: :sexywink:

Aren't online translation sites the best? :up:

Dutch folk are nice :up:

I just annoy someone to translate for me :lol:

And then I surprise people with my Dutch skills with the help of some trusty sites, this is a really random one:
http://www.learndutch.org/Dutch/Dutch.html

Click on the names for random phrases.

I send you many happy smiles and warm hugs
= Ik stuur je vele gelukkige glimlachen en warme omhelzingen

:lol:

I use my phrases everyday. I asked for Dutch lessons and I got bored after 2 minutes. I am a bad student.

You should go! I am going back again in Dec / January. We should all go drinking! :drinks:

(I spoke no Dutch in Holland)

Lara Mullen said:
I use my phrases everyday. I asked for Dutch lessons and I got bored after 2 minutes. I am a bad student.

You should go! I am going back again in Dec / January. We should all go drinking! :drinks:

That would be nice. :up:

Maybe if I can pay off my U2 tour debt, I'll buy a ticket! :hmm: :D

My Dad hears it and speaks about how similar it is to German (which he can speak). I think it sounds like mumbling.

I find it really embarrassing to go to a country where a whole group of people have to adjust to your language, or in the case of meeting older people a lot of translating takes place. I would like to know a few Dutch words so if I go back I could at least appear polite rather than smile a lot or shout "Diet Coke". I also have a strange fascination with wanting to learn new languages. Obviously tackling English wasn't good enough. I had to try and get to grips with French and Spanish. I also want to learn Italian some day.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

That would be nice. :up:

Maybe if I can pay off my U2 tour debt, I'll buy a ticket! :hmm: :D

If you come to Spain, I'd hide you in my suitcase. :hmm: I am bringing a huge suitcase and a normal sized case. I know people are going to try and lecture me when they see them. So far nobody has entered my room and observed the scene of devestation. There are clothes draped over suitcases and bags of new clothes lying in them with little labels on them.

Taking a break :up:

:wave:

I shall go to bed soon. I did a lot of walking today and now I am tired. My friend needed blankets and duvets and various household items which were very heavy in town. We dragged them around for a long time. I don't do heavy lifting often. :up:

Tom and his new car

tommieauto.jpg

Lara Mullen said:

You are coming back?????:hyper:
for how long Laura???

Lara Mullen said:

If you come to Spain, I'd hide you in my suitcase. :hmm: I am bringing a huge suitcase and a normal sized case. I know people are going to try and lecture me when they see them. So far nobody has entered my room and observed the scene of devestation. There are clothes draped over suitcases and bags of new clothes lying in them with little labels on them.

:hmm:, I like that plan! :D

I've always wanted to see Spain, too.

Ageeth, I don't know how long for, probably 2 days or so - not very long. My friend wants to go at the same time too, she was talking about it yesterday. It all depends on my holidays and what way is easiest to get back to Spain probably. I'm still reeling from booking all my Spain flights last month. :laugh:

I think I am going to Paris in the spring time. Europe. :up:

more poor than i was yesterday

but i'm a happy lara, thank you :D

and you?

My Mum would not let me disappear off to another country and not keep in contact with her. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom