This Baby's Mustache, America Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A D2 tram turns onto Bourke Street while a B2 tram loads passengers. In the background is Spencer Street Station.

s640x480

A B2 tram running along Bourke Street crosses Swanston Street.

s640x480

Looking down Elizabeth Street to the beautiful Flinders Street Station. The nearest tram is a Z3; the two in the background are B2s.

s640x480

I'll have to take a picture of a Canuckian train for you. Quite a few of the lines have shut down through the years.. passenger trains don't run in this section of the province, but do elsewhere. Taking the train from Moncton to Ottawa is an amazing journey.

I've always wanted to go across Canada just on a train, especially out west.

I just uploaded the picture of two D class trams. The leading tram is a D1; behind it is a longer D2.

s640x480

RavenBlue said:
I'll have to take a picture of a Canuckian train for you. Quite a few of the lines have shut down through the years.. passenger trains don't run in this section of the province, but do elsewhere. Taking the train from Moncton to Ottawa is an amazing journey.

I've always wanted to go across Canada just on a train, especially out west.

Ooh, pictures, that'd be cool. When my father was in Saskatchewan in 1992 or 1993 for work, he took some photos of Canadian trains for me. They were really neat. It's a shame so many lines there have been shut down, but some of the remaining journeys sound really spectacular. I must get over there one day.

And this thread must be murder on your Internet. :wink:

coolian2 said:

Sweet, Wellington Railway Station, the Cake Tin, AND the rail yards! :up:

Now all you need is to get rid of the wing so you can see the Interislander ferry terminal.

Here's a demonstration of the articulation of a B2 tram as it turns from Bourke onto Spencer. Along with its two B1 prototype brethren, it's the only type of high-floor articulated tram in Melbourne.

s640x480

Axver said:
Here's a demonstration of the articulation of a B2 tram as it turns from Bourke onto Spencer. Along with its two B1 prototype brethren, it's the only type of high-floor articulated tram in Melbourne.

s640x480

I have to say, i just can't get used to trams looking like trains crossed with buses

coolian2 said:

I thought it was a nice photographic effort

Oh, it is. I'd just like to see the Interislander ferry terminal too. My family's got a bit of history with that. The story I know best is that my mother was on the Maori going the other way when the Wahine went down.

My grandfather had loaned his electric guitar to a friend who was on the Wahine. Friend made it back; the guitar didn't.

coolian2 said:

I have to say, i just can't get used to trams looking like trains crossed with buses

:lol: Yeah, I'm not into the appearance of the B2 class. In circumstances where I already have similar shots, I often pass on a photo if it's just a B2.

Though I really like the A class, which is a shorter, non-articulated version of the B2 class. :shrug:

RavenBlue said:
Yes. I keep having to hit the stop button. Since I'm loading the pictures from the Bono on AI thread.

Only one picture thread at a time can I deal with. :wink:

:lol:

I'm telling you, this thread's pictures are far better. :wink:

Here's a C class tram cruising down LaTrobe Street towards the Swanston Street stop.

s640x480

A C class tram on LaTrobe Street stopped at the intersection with William Street.

s640x480

Here's a D1 tram on St Kilda Road outside the National Art Gallery of Victoria, with the CBD in the background.

s640x480

This weirdo statue-y sort of thing had Ali and I perplexed. But from the right angle, you realise it's a flower.

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom