Things you never thought you'd find in....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
...the wash machine

I live in a dorm where we all share a few machines. I just went down there to do my bi-weekly loads at 2am as usual and again as usual, all the machines have other peoples' crap still inside. So I'm emptying one machine that's just a single set of sheets and I hear something hard hit the bottom. I peer in to find........a very large Toshiba remote control. :eyebrow: I want to leave a sticky note "well girls, I found the remote!"

Also, once I opened a machine only to find that some freshman tried to wash a large number of winter coats and one of the down ones caught on the agitator, ripped to shreads, and covered the inside of the machine and all the other clothes with sticky wet feathers.

The weirdest thing I found once was the car keys. The remote zapper thing never worked again after that lol.
The usual coins, money (thank god for plastic currency :up: ), reciepts, and the remains of pocket tissue packs and packs of Extra chewing gum :mad: These last 2 are why the washing machine is MY domain.
:sigh:

Well that's the last time I eat M&Ms. :lol:

I don't think I ever found anything that unusual in a washing machine, other than a couple of occassions when I opened a machine and found someone's white washing had all turned pink due to the presence of a bright red sock. :uhoh:

I don' think I've ever found anything odd in a washing machine either. But my sister once lost her wallet with all her money and cards and everything in it. It was missing for about a week and then one day she found it in the bottom of the oven

:huh:

I have only found things like coins in the washing machine.
Apparently though when I was younger I used to like sleeping beside the washing machine. :huh:

I've put my remote in the washing machine-I found it before I turned the machine on

One time years ago when I had a cat, I put my clothes in the dryer and headed up the stairs, only to hear this very loud sound. When I went back to the dryer and opened the door, my cat jumped out :eek:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I've put my remote in the washing machine-I found it before I turned the machine on

One time years ago when I had a cat, I put my clothes in the dryer and headed up the stairs, only to hear this very loud sound. When I went back to the dryer and opened the door, my cat jumped out :eek:

:lmao: That happened to me once! I turned on the dryer and head clunk clunk clunk so I opened the door and there was a very dizzy kitty. :lol:

I have found perfectly preserved money (paper!) in the washer. Usually 20s. Usually mine. Booby pins, hair clips, coins, a bottle of advil, earrings, pens (baaaaaaaad idea), and a pack of mentos. I threw the mentos away.

sweedish_Thong needs to go to IO and post about booby pins in Marhta's thread

MrsSpringsteen said:

My uncle killed a cat doing this! :down:

When I lived in the dorms I found an unrolled condom once in a dryer. I wasn't sure if someone was recycling and wanted to clean before next use or what, I just moved on to the next dryer.

:drool: at this thread.

I used to like to sleep in the dryer. :huh:

I've never found anything strange in one, despite having shared washers and dryers with non-family for the past six years, but once a bra of mine (the metal hook part of the strap) got caught on this mesh stuff at the back of the dryer and when I took my clothes out, the bra had burnt and was completely brown and crunchy. :eek:

meegannie said:
I used to like to sleep in the dryer. :huh:

:eyebrow: :laugh:...

Originally posted by meegannie
I've never found anything strange in one, despite having shared washers and dryers with non-family for the past six years, but once a bra of mine (the metal hook part of the strap) got caught on this mesh stuff at the back of the dryer and when I took my clothes out, the bra had burnt and was completely brown and crunchy. :eek:

:eeklaugh:...lovely! :p.

Angela

Ive never found anything strange in the washing machine or dryer at home. Although when I was staying at a backpackers place in Oz I found some vegetables and some dead cockroaches in the washing machine. :yikes: Mind you this was the kind of backpacker's place that the bedroom's carpet was so dirty that your bare feet turned black after a while. :|

my brother left a pen in his pocket and it got washed, the ink ruined a couple shirts.

glad i was at school and nothing of mine was in the laundry.

i think she meant when she was a young tyke, even though meggie fully grown is only small....but i could be wrong (about meaning when she was a child)....:shifty:

it seems like not many of you guys wash in cold...i've never used hot water.
:huh:

:wink: I will accept that as an answer. I remember we used to put my friend's older brother in their dryer, at his request and turn the dryer on. He grew up to be a brainiac engineer.:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom