there haven't been enough wilco threads lately. - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2005, 07:29 PM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 04:49 PM
iTunes is offering the live version of "Monday" as a bonus track and it's the best version I've ever heard. Horn section

Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:49 PM
That's odd. I just checked iTunes and it says it's on Kicking Television. Is it a secret song?

It's not showing up on my cd-rom on disc 2, and disc 1 is out in the car and I'm too lazy to go out and get it.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:32 PM   #63
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
That's odd. I just checked iTunes and it says it's on Kicking Television. Is it a secret song?

It's not showing up on my cd-rom on disc 2, and disc 1 is out in the car and I'm too lazy to go out and get it.
Nope, it's not on the discs. It's an iTunes exclusive bonus track.

I also have "How To Fight Loneliness" I stole from someone on the Wilco board . It was offered as a presale free download and it's soooooooo good. It's a m4a file and I can YSI if you want...
Old 11-17-2005, 12:12 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by NumbMacphisto

It's a m4a file and I can YSI if you want...
yes, please

even though I don't know what an m4a file is?

joyfulgirl60@gmail.com
Old 11-17-2005, 12:16 AM   #65
Refugee

Quote:

yes, please

even though I don't know what an m4a file is?

joyfulgirl60@gmail.com
Sent!

m4a is just an audio file that you can only play in iTunes, so if you've got iTunes, you'll be all set
Old 11-17-2005, 12:43 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

playing now

Thank you! It's delicious. It's given me that warm happy feeling right before bedtime.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:40 AM   #67
Refugee

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Anybody with even the slightest interest in Wilco must buy this now! I am now pissed off that I have never seen them live. And I even lived in Chicago for 5 years.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77
Anybody with even the slightest interest in Wilco must buy this now! I am now pissed off that I have never seen them live. And I even lived in Chicago for 5 years.
Luckily, they are road dogs and you will have plenty of opportunities to see them! I don't see them outgrowing their current venue size any time soon either so you won't miss out. Sometimes I wake up remembering that they toured with Radiohead a few years ago and I had the opportunity to see them at Red Rocks and didn't go and it's like a bad bad dream, 'no no no tell me that didn't happen, tell me I didn't miss my two favorite bands at Red Rocks together..."' but you know what? The current line-up of Wilco is the best, IMO. I rag on Jay Bennett but he was definitely brilliant; still, the current line-up took Wilco to a whole new level IMO. This is the Wilco to see.

If you haven't seen the documentary "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart," you MUST.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #69
Refugee

Quote:

Luckily, they are road dogs and you will have plenty of opportunities to see them! I don't see them outgrowing their current venue size any time soon either so you won't miss out. Sometimes I wake up remembering that they toured with Radiohead a few years ago and I had the opportunity to see them at Red Rocks and didn't go and it's like a bad bad dream, 'no no no tell me that didn't happen, tell me I didn't miss my two favorite bands at Red Rocks together..."' but you know what? The current line-up of Wilco is the best, IMO. I rag on Jay Bennett but he was definitely brilliant; still, the current line-up took Wilco to a whole new level IMO. This is the Wilco to see.

If you haven't seen the documentary "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart," you MUST.
I know I need to see that. I have the Learning How to Die book and that was pretty fascinating, although I have heard it may be a little too pro-Tweedy, with all the Jay (Farrar and Bennett) bashing.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77

I know I need to see that. I have the Learning How to Die book and that was pretty fascinating, although I have heard it may be a little too pro-Tweedy, with all the Jay (Farrar and Bennett) bashing.
I read somewhere recently that I Am Trying to Break Your Heart showed Tweedy at his most aloof (and pain-killer addicted) and Bennett at his most anal so that it isn't a very flattering picture of either of them but I didn't know anything about the politics of the band when I saw it. I just thought Bennett was irritating while Tweedy seemd generally more likeable (though no doubt a control freak underneath the gentle soul exterior). But I also recognized that I probably wasn't seeing the whole story and that seeing a band in a crisis in the studio isn't really an accurate reflection of anyone. Still, it's a great film. The bonus tracks of Tweedy performing solo are just incredibly wonderful. I think it ranks up there with the best R&R documentaries.

Now a question. I've never listened to Son Volt. They're coming to my town (and hardly anyone interesting comes to my town) so should I go see them?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:53 PM   #71
Refugee

Quote:

Now a question. I've never listened to Son Volt. They're coming to my town (and hardly anyone interesting comes to my town) so should I go see them?
I don't have any albums but have listened to some of them. It is good stuff, but much more rootsy than Wilco. Jay Farrar has stayed Alt-Country while Tweedy has moved on. So if you like Alt Country (such as Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne), then you should go.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Sometimes I wake up remembering that they toured with Radiohead a few years ago and I had the opportunity to see them at Red Rocks and didn't go and it's like a bad bad dream, 'no no no tell me that didn't happen, tell me I didn't miss my two favorite bands at Red Rocks together..."'
Would it ease your mind to know that they toured with REM, and not Radiohead?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

GINA

I noticed it is the birthday of another Wilcon fan today...

Wish her a happy birthday if you can.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes

Would it ease your mind to know that they toured with REM, and not Radiohead?
Y E S!!!!!!!!!!

I'm losing it, clearly.

Thank you. I can finally let that one go.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:37 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:49 AM
I FINALLY found a download of Kicking Television last night and I'm really looking forward to listening to it.