there haven't been enough wilco threads lately.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Side With The Seeds, I Hate It Here, and On and On and On are pretty much tied for favorite.

All the rest are tied for second.

the only song that i dont find absolutely stellar is shake it off. the other ten could make any other artist jealous.

what a killer start run: either way, you are my face, impossible germany, sky blue sky, side with the seeds. :drool:

oh wow i'm glad i looked at this thread

you guys are my heroes

listening to it now... :heart: Either Way is stunningly beautiful in that perfect Wilco way.

U2Man said:
the only song that i dont find absolutely stellar is shake it off. the other ten could make any other artist jealous.

what a killer start run: either way, you are my face, impossible germany, sky blue sky, side with the seeds. :drool:

I agree. Shake it Off didn't totally blow me away.

And you can't beat that 5 song start. Either Way is the perfect opener, and one of the best pop songs I've heard in yeeaaars.

AtomicBono said:
oh wow i'm glad i looked at this thread

you guys are my heroes

listening to it now... :heart: Either Way is stunningly beautiful in that perfect Wilco way.

you have no idea what kind of awesomeness you're about to be exposed to.

(unless, of course, you've read the last posts here :wink: )

This one will take a few listens for me. I can tell the songwriting is fantastic, but I know a few listens through this and it'll have me in a tight grip.

Very good album so far. :up:

The guitar in Impossible Germany is simply mind-blowing jesus. And even after listening to You Are My Face a good 2 billion times in the last few days. It's still perfect.

You Are My Face = great song title.

Impossible Germany... :drool: this is really amazing.

I'm really digging this so far.

This is definitely on pace to be an 8 1/2 to 9 or so record. There hasn't been a Shot In The Arm or I'm The Man Who Loves You that would floor me, but it'll come.

Side with the Seeds, I Hate It Here, and On and On and On

The holy trinity of this album. :combust:

AtomicBono said:

I suppose I'll have to occupy myself with Neon Bible, which I still haven't heard

Yeah, that should do the trick. :wink:

Have you heard Shins' Wincing The Night Away?

I Hate It Here sounds like a sped up version of Oh! Darling. And it's just as good. Which is pretty darn great.

it does, a bit! very beatles. I love it :drool:

and no, I haven't heard the new Shins. Is it worth getting? I have their other albums. I find them pleasant but not mindblowing, though Caring is Creepy is very :drool: worthy

AtomicBono said:
it does, a bit! very beatles. I love it :drool:

and no, I haven't heard the new Shins. Is it worth getting? I have their other albums. I find them pleasant but not mindblowing, though Caring is Creepy is very :drool: worthy

Well, in my opinion, Wincing is the one that will blow your mind, if any of them do. It's bigger, better produced, and Shins at their essence. It's kind of the major label debut that wasn't.

Personally, I think it's great.

OMGWTFBBQ Neon Bible only got an 82 on Metacritic! :shocked:

Time to break out the threats and letterbombs. :angry:

LemonMelon said:

Well, in my opinion, Wincing is the one that will blow your mind, if any of them do. It's bigger, better produced, and Shins at their essence. It's kind of the major label debut that wasn't.

Personally, I think it's great.

I'll likely get it then :up:

nice phaser guitar in Leave Me (Like You Found Me)

Back
Top Bottom