The "What Do You Do For a Living" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Sweetest_Thing said:

You work for the Humane Society, right?
(Didn't yuou used to work at a hospital? Correct me if I'm wrong, I could have sworn...)

You are absolutely right. I quit the hospital at the end of June, and joined the Humane Society at the beginning of July. I was bored to tears at the hospital in the job I was doing, and this one is so much better...too bad it's only a year contract.

There are some openings at the National Ballet School tho!

I'm the vice-president of a national corporation dealing with corporate relocations as well as the marketing and selling of post-foreclosure properties. I run the St. Louis office and we manage these relocation properties and post-foreclosure properties for 17 states in the midwest.

:sigh:

I'm currently a ballroom dance instructor and college student and will be graduating in December.

i work for my mom sometimes as an assistant for her business. she does christian poetry and frames.

Bartender. I like the job, but I've grown tired of it. It's very boring and repetitive. I plan on being a lawyer as soon as I get into school. This fall may be the being of that career.

i'm a university student. and since i'm currently unemployed, a poor university student.

the past three summers i've done lanscaping work. i'm a bit worried i'll have to find a job elsewhere this summer though, and absolutly dreading the option of working inside during the summer. i'll take a three-month constant sunburn over going insane working in a store...

I'm a legislative assistant (foreign affairs, education, labour, abortion/human cloning/stem cell research, family issues, telecommunications, homeland security, immigration) for a member of Congress. Meh. :sigh: :reject:

I work for a newspaper in the advertising dept. Not sales but in features production and co-ordination, lots of fun and work with great people, I used to work at the Clarence Hotel for Bono and the boys, great fun, low pay, but met them all plus a few others, the president of Ireland, Daniel Day Lewis, Van Morrison, The Rolling Stones, but I won't bore you with the details.

there's nothing quite like the wonder of a child

kindergarten teacher. i truly and genuinely love it. i've never felt this fulfilled in my 22 years on earth. i found the profession i want to reside in for the rest of my working life.

also finishing up a degree in early childhood education.

I'm in the same boat at ILuvLarryMullen and brettig. Meaning, I'm a retail (home furnitures & accessories) slave who's also a (TV/Broadcast) journalism student. A couple weeks ago I had an interview for an editor posistion at KGTV... I didn't get it. :sigh: All's well though cause Editing can get real boring real fast.

Breittig, what form of journalism are you looking to get into?

Re: there's nothing quite like the wonder of a child

TripThruUreWires said:
kindergarten teacher. i truly and genuinely love it. i've never felt this fulfilled in my 22 years on earth. i found the profession i want to reside in for the rest of my working life.

also finishing up a degree in early childhood education.

Now, you probably have the most interesting work stories!!!:yes:

Receptionist and ACA (animal care assistant) in an animal hospital. Just this past weekend the owner of the practice asked me what I wanted to do with my life and I freaked out because I thought I was already doing it!

Back
Top Bottom