The Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon Superthread - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #766
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 03:38 AM
I think the Red Sox will win it all again. Perfect match of pitching and clutch hitting.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #767
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Real postwhoring is when you don't converse with others, you just talk about yourself.

There it is, right there, for us all to see.
At least we don't usually talk shit.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #768
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Utley had never had a major injury before breaking his hand, but his tailing off yearly worries me about his durability.

Unfortunately, the Phils might not even make the playoffs this year, with the Mets having a strong advantage going in.
They might not overtake the Mets, but they will be right there for the wild card.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #769
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I think the Red Sox will win it all again. Perfect match of pitching and clutch hitting.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #770
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The Sox are set up quite nicely for years to come, especially with the pitching.

But I never ever count the Yankees out, even if their pitching staff looks suspect.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #771
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

I hate Boston teams but I really feel they have an upper hand on teams in series format. They are going to be on more than not.

I was hoping that would bring Varitek into our baseball discussion.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #772
Blue Crack Supplier

DaveC flipped shit when I suggested the Phils turn to the Wild Card if the Mets go out in front.

I think the Phils have a shot, but they had a lot of things go right for them at the end of the year, and the Mets had a lot go wrong. It'll be interesting. Their pitching is still so shitty, and they're relying heavily on Cole Hamels, who's been injured every season since he got drafted.

The offense is loaded. I'm a person who likes to understand context as it happens so I know if I'm witnessing something special as it happens, so I asked my dad if he'd ever seen a better Phillies offense. He said he's not sure if one has been this good. It's truly a shame that we have complete bums like Adam Eaton making $8.5 million to fuck us over.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #773
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

The Sox are set up quite nicely for years to come, especially with the pitching.

But I never ever count the Yankees out, even if their pitching staff looks suspect.
The Yankees are the opposite of the Red Sox. They are built to do well over a period of time but utterly fail in a series format.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #774
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I hate Boston teams but I really feel they have an upper hand on teams in series format. They are going to be on more than not.

I was hoping that would bring Varitek into our baseball discussion.
She's just going to agree.

AL East will be, as usual, interesting. I'm not convinced that my Yanks will be a playoff team, but, when you go to the playoffs 13 straight years, you deserve the benefit of the doubt. Hughes and Kennedy = big question marks, as does Mussina. That's too many question marks. Offense will be awesome as usual, though.

It was clear last year, and again this year, that the Red Sox, pack of fucks that they are, are the team to beat.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #775
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
DaveC flipped shit when I suggested the Phils turn to the Wild Card if the Mets go out in front.

I think the Phils have a shot, but they had a lot of things go right for them at the end of the year, and the Mets had a lot go wrong. It'll be interesting. Their pitching is still so shitty, and they're relying heavily on Cole Hamels, who's been injured every season since he got drafted.

The offense is loaded. I'm a person who likes to understand context as it happens so I know if I'm witnessing something special as it happens, so I asked my dad if he'd ever seen a better Phillies offense. He said he's not sure if one has been this good. It's truly a shame that we have complete bums like Adam Eaton making $8.5 million to fuck us over.
Dave C flips a lot.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #776
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The Phillies have to win a lot of tough games this season but if Utley stays healthy I would give them a strong chance game down the stretch.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #777
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

It was clear last year, and again this year, that the Red Sox, pack of fucks that they are, are the team to beat.
I know I hate to say it too.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #778
Blue Crack Supplier

This is true. I'm a little bit of a different fan. I think I'm probably more pessimistic and skeptical than he is considering I still live in the area. I stopped listening to sports radio a while ago because everyone's either an idiot or just like me, so you're not getting much legitimate input.

Villanova sucking this year has put a sour mood on the NCAA Tourney this year, as my dad's dad is from there and the whole family (especially my 15 year old brother) is comprised of Nova fans.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #779
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:38 PM
Thank god there's cricket today, and Ax and i can confuse the thread like normal
Old 03-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #780
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The Phillies have to win a lot of tough games this season but if Utley stays healthy I would give them a strong chance game down the stretch.
It's a shame they lost Rowand, but his money request was obtuse.

Rollins
Victorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Werth
Feliz
Ruiz

That's not a bad lineup, though I'm still a big detractor of Ryan Howard.

Tags
superthread