The Temple Bar: We Are Interference (And So Can You!) UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:

I think it would be fun if you assembled your teamand then told them you were having a call with someone @ ESPN about a possible merger, and then I can call in and start going over numbers and mid way through it just devolves into a shouting match between you and I. Your employees would think you were a bad ass, especially after you threatened to crush my first borns skull, and I was all, "My first born is a female, what do I care?" and you ripped off your tie and said, "Clearly your seed is weak, as is your mind, fool. When men speak of first born clearly they mean first born male child," and my reply would, "Oh yeah...my bad....anyway. How about the proposal concerning merging just your Big 10 coverage?" And you could say, "Yeah, I looked that over, not a bad idea....but...." and so on. I think that'd be keen.

:hmm:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting...:yes:

:lmao:

I happen to be of the mind that those who were cheated out of previous conference calls ought to be first in line for any new calls in the works. :|

I remember when Americans used to throw away Canadian change. :cute: : patsamericashead:

UberBeaver said:

Canadian? :hyper: That shits like gold nowadays. I got ten of them. Gonna buy lower Manhattan with it soon. :shh: I tricked one your countrymen into trading it for 5 USD. lol. pwned.

That is so odd to hear an American say that...

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Elfa, you carry a stack of singles too...:shifty:

lol, it's all loonies and twonies up here so it doesn't work very well for that..

UberBeaver said:

I think it would be fun if you assembled your teamand then told them you were having a call with someone @ ESPN about a possible merger, and then I can call in and start going over numbers and mid way through it just devolves into a shouting match between you and I. Your employees would think you were a bad ass, especially after you threatened to crush my first borns skull, and I was all, "My first born is a female, what do I care?" and you ripped off your tie and said, "Clearly your seed is weak, as is your mind, fool. When men speak of first born clearly they mean first born male child," and my reply would, "Oh yeah...my bad....anyway. How about the proposal concerning merging just your Big 10 coverage?" And you could say, "Yeah, I looked that over, not a bad idea....but...." and so on. I think that'd be keen.

There are so many reasons that this would not work for a second, but that makes it no less funny. :)

VintagePunk said:
I happen to be of the mind that those who were cheated out of previous conference calls ought to be first in line for any new calls in the works. :|

We can set up a bridge. You guys can be the ESPN support staff or something. I can name you "Female #1" "Female 2" "Reggie" "Ian" "Female #3 - but we usually just call her Breasts round here, heh". Stuff like that. It's ESPN, after all.

VintagePunk said:

I remember when Americans used to throw away Canadian change. :cute: : patsamericashead:

I still have a Candian dime or something somewhere...is it worth anything now...:hyper:

:sigh: this just isn't funny anymore
view1.jpg

economy pwnd.

UberBeaver said:

Or business.

That's kind of the key point there, as to why not one person here would buy this scenario.....though, I can definitely come up with a part for you to play in a fake phone call that will be believable.

VintagePunk said:
Probably like 10.5 cents now, Reg, hang on to it. :up:

Beav, you can yell at me to get coffee.

Make it so. :hyper:

"Breasts, coffee. So I was thinking phase one - we move you all out....is she wearing flats?...Jesus.......Fire her....we move you all out to New York, set up shop in midtown......"

Seriously, I was at Tiger stadium a few years back, trying to buy a beer. My Canadian change had gotten mixed up with my US, and I mistakenly gave the vendor a Canadian nickel or something. You would have thought I was trying to pass off a piece of lint or something, she yelled at me and looked at it with disdain.

She'd be begging for it, now.

No spoken words said:

That's kind of the key point there, as to why not one person here would buy this scenario.....though, I can definitely come up with a part for you to play in a fake phone call that will be believable.

OK. But I'd very much like a shouting much and some real hunter-gatherer primal tension.

VintagePunk said:
Seriously, I was at Tiger stadium a few years back, trying to buy a beer. My Canadian change had gotten mixed up with my US, and I mistakenly gave the vendor a Canadian nickel or something. You would have thought I was trying to pass off a piece of lint or something, she yelled at me and looked at it with disdain.

She'd be begging for it, now.

Hell in Michigan they just want $$$ Canadian or otherwise...not April...but other Michigan peeps...:yes:

I could be Beav's assistant regional manager who sits in on the phone call and can't help chiming in useless comments.

UberBeaver said:

OK. But I'd very much like a shouting much and some real hunter-gatherer primal tension.

At least one shouting match. Like, we start off tense, terse but semi-polite...it shortly escalates into shouting....we both calm down, even joke around about it....and then a few minutes later go right back to yelling.....then calm it down again, then a few more jokes, then we agree to circle back and discuss it again next week.

No spoken words said:

At least one shouting match. Like, we start off tense, terse but semi-polite...it shortly escalates into shouting....we both calm down, even joke around about it....and then a few minutes later go right back to yelling.....then calm it down again, then a few more jokes, then we agree to circle back and discuss it again next week.

Excellent. What's the topic? Can I send graphs?

Back
Top Bottom