The Temple Bar: The BeavBaby has arrived

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
beav, now that i know you live in the syossets, i have to ask... do you stop in the bagel master every morning?

Is that the place that's at the very end of Jackson Ave? If so, I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it's awesome. That will become my new bagel joint. We just moved here, and there's a good bagel joint right around corner, but the new place wins.

greeneyedgirl said:
Damn Victoria's Secret stopped carrying mine :grumpy:
I did the same thing, VP.
I have enough for about 6 mths :(

I've got about a 5 - 7 year supply. They're really big bottles. :lol:

For years, I looked around for something else I liked, and couldn't find anything...I bought a few, but I was settling.

The funny thing is, I LOVE the kind you sent me, and I've been wearing that now almost daily. :drool: :love: But when I was looking, I couldn't find anything that I remotely liked.

UberBeaver said:

Is that the place that's at the very end of Jackson Ave? If so, I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it's awesome. That will become my new bagel joint. We just moved here, and there's a good bagel joint right around corner, but the new place wins.

:up: that's the place... their bacon egg & cheese on a roll is to die for :drool:

may i also recommend the village hero, which is on jericho turnpike about half a mile west of the railroad bridge

:up: that's the place... their bacon egg & cheese on a roll is to die for :drool:

may i also recommend the village hero, which is on jericho turnpike about half a mile west of the railroad bridge

Agreed on Village Hero. We used to get sandwiches from there once a week, and in the spring/summer eat them outside, at this part right next to where we worked...forget the name of the park...had a few basketball courts, a little roller hockey rink, etc.

Beav, I know how to get to Mim's from where I worked (xways park), but, I forget the street names. It's not far at all from you, though..pretty good place.

phil collins

I've NEVER finished a bottle of perfume. they eventually get old and thrown out. I must not put enough on :huh:

I'm sure most of you have seen where Phil Collins gives U2 an award and Adam says Phil our parents were big fans of yours :giggle:

I live around the corner from Village Hero. That place dominates the sandwich world. I always swore by My Hero in Bellmore, but no more.

I'm doing all right, VP.

I want to kill a co-worker in the face for not responding to my emails and voicemails for over a day, and I KNOW he's in the office. Damnation, I needed his response like 2 days ago, and I'm holding other people up as a result, and they're starting to get pissy at me. :angry:

Where's Beav with his :killintheface: smiley? I need to seriously save that one.

UberBeaver said:

I live around the corner from Village Hero. That place dominates the sandwich world. I always swore by My Hero in Bellmore, but no more.

village hero rocks my world.

and if you see anyone from the highway department, give them a nice big fuck you from me for not plowing the intersection of robin's lane and jericho.

really though, i enjoy sitting on the top of a hill in a pile of slush in a little coupe and attempting to cross an intersection when the light turns green. it's fun for me :mad:

ThoraSEB said:
I'm doing all right, VP.

I want to kill a co-worker in the face for not responding to my emails and voicemails for over a day, and I KNOW he's in the office. Damnation, I needed his response like 2 days ago, and I'm holding other people up as a result, and they're starting to get pissy at me. :angry:

Where's Beav with his :killintheface: smiley? I need to seriously save that one.

I just saved it last night
mad.jpg

village hero rocks my world.

and if you see anyone from the highway department, give them a nice big fuck you from me for not plowing the intersection of robin's lane and jericho.

really though, i enjoy sitting on the top of a hill in a pile of slush in a little coupe and attempting to cross an intersection when the light turns green. it's fun for me :mad:

Do you work at Robbin's Lane school? My sister teaches there.

Thora:

mad.jpg

Thanks, Beav. :up:

This is for my lame co-worker who doesn't respond to emails and voicemails left with high priority notifications:

killintheface.jpg

I feel much better now. :happy:

Been sitting here trying to think of the place we used to go for Buffalo Wings. Barefoot Peddler. But, that's down by Port Washington, by where out studios were.

Manero's is another place we'd eat lunch in occasionally. Was a tad expensive, if memory serves. Ah, memories of my days living and working on the Island. :)

No spoken words said:
Been sitting here trying to think of the place we used to go for Buffalo Wings. Barefoot Peddler. But, that's down by Port Washington, by where out studios were.

Manero's is another place we'd eat lunch in occasionally. Was a tad expensive, if memory serves. Ah, memories of my days living and working on the Island. :)

port washington's out of the way for me... anything west of where i work doesn't get the pleasure of my appearance too often (except for manhattan, of course) seeing as i live to the east.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Pokey! :hug:

Kill anyone in the face lately? :p

Sadly, no.

I've plotted the demise of a few coworkers, one involved death by interoffice envelope, which is a particulary painful, albeit slow, way to meet your maker....but I've yet to act any of these plans out.

How are you?

Back
Top Bottom