The Temple Bar ~ The #1 Enemy of Art UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at home and an OLP song came on my Itunes. I haven't listened to them in a while, but I used to love them. Their concert in 2006 was one of the best I've ever seen in my life. Any of you Canucks like them?

Their first two albums were great. Clumsy is my favourite. Since then, they seem to decline with each album. :( I blame Chantal. I liked her a lot before they got married, too. Marriage just doesn't agree with some musicians. I think they need to be single and angsty to produce good material. ;)

Their first two albums were great. Clumsy is my favourite. Since then, they seem to decline with each album. :( I blame Chantal. I liked her a lot before they got married, too. Marriage just doesn't agree with some musicians. I think they need to be single and angsty to produce good material. ;)

I also think that Spiritual Machines is a great concept album.

Why are the wives always blamed for declining quality? I remember when Tiger Woods first announced his engagement, so-called golf experts in the print and TV media were speculating if his marriage would cause his play to suffer. :doh:

ETA: I quoted you when your post ended with "I blame Chantal." Somehow when I finished writing my post, your entire quote showed up. I guess this is yet another improvement for Interference. :)

But I see your point.

Last edited:
I blame Chantal. I liked her a lot before they got married, too. Marriage just doesn't agree with some musicians. I think they need to be single and angsty to produce good material. ;)

The fact that she does those painfully cheesy hair dye commercials doesn't help either. :tsk:

I don't normally accuse many artists of selling out as a habit but that just bothers me...

I also think that Spiritual Machines is a great concept album.

Why are the wives always blamed for declining quality? I remember when Tiger Woods first announced his engagement, so-called golf experts in the print and TV media were speculating if his marriage would cause his play to suffer. :doh:

Yes, but in this case, I'm blaming them both for each others' declines. She really had potential, I thought.

The fact that she does those painfully cheesy hair dye commercials doesn't help either. :tsk:

I don't normally accuse many artists of selling out as a habit but that just bothers me...

You know what pisses me off most about those commercials? In Surrounded, she swears "on [her] mother's grave," and then in the commercial, she's calling her mother to discuss hair dye. :| Petty, I know, but it rub me the wrong way.

You know what pisses me off most about those commercials? In Surrounded, she swears "on [her] mother's grave," and then in the commercial, she's calling her mother to discuss hair dye. :| Petty, I know, but it rub me the wrong way.

Really? lol, the sickly sweet way she says "Oh Mom" at the end is enough to give you diabetes :yuck:

Really? lol, the sickly sweet way she says "Oh Mom" at the end is enough to give you diabetes :yuck:

Yeah. First I keep wondering why the hell the mother would be calling her from beyond the grave, and second, why she'd be interested in hair colour as, you know, a corpse.

I'm sure that's not what the company had in mind when making the ads, but that's all I can think of when I see them.

you think elfa has fallen for GC's charm too

:hug: What I've heard, and what I think is the best explanation, is that George is omnisexual. His charm and charisma is equally potent on everyone, regardless of gender, species, etc. Everyone wants to have sex with him, and he wants to have sex with everyone, so it's all good. :up:

:wink:

:love:

It's George Fucking Clooney, of course there isn't!

Unlike some people, he's not my fake boyfriend or anything :shifty: but I can certainly see his charm. Reminds me of someone who was born too late, like he should have been a cinema star of the '40s or something.

Letterman ran a repeat of a show last night - the one that Clooney was on. He's just so charming. You know what would be perfect VP? You send him over here with your kitties :love: I couldn't turn them down. No way. :tongue:

Letterman ran a repeat of a show last night - the one that Clooney was on. He's just so charming. You know what would be perfect VP? You send him over here with your kitties :love: I couldn't turn them down. No way. :tongue:

I'm sure that once you let poor George up for air, you'd really enjoy the kittens! :cute:
lol, sorry no...

It's me, the missus and the little three buggers-i mean angels in a bachelor appartment currently...

We don't have enough space as much as we want more, it wouldn't be fair...

Damn. It was worth a try.

I really want them to go to a home where they'll be loved and well taken care of. I don't want to just put an ad in the paper and have some anonymous people take them. :(

I'm at home and an OLP song came on my Itunes. I haven't listened to them in a while, but I used to love them. Their concert in 2006 was one of the best I've ever seen in my life. Any of you Canucks like them?

Yup, I'm a fan. I much prefer the older stuff, though. I tried to see them live in 1997, but since I had a provincial exam the next morning, I wasn't allowed to go. :angry: :lol:

:heart:

Nerd alert:

Whenever we have potential buyers coming to look at the house, my parents and I scurry over to Borders Books and Music. I was browsing the bargain section when I saw all 4 Tolkein books: The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King. ALL TOGETHER, it was $8!!!!! Four VERY popular books, for essentially $2 each!!!!!!! I practically did a jig right then and there. I've only read The Fellowship of the Ring (though have watched all the movies too many times to mention) so now I'm excited not only do I own the books, I got them all for eight bucks!!!! :hyper:

:nerd:

:heart:

Nerd alert:

Whenever we have potential buyers coming to look at the house, my parents and I scurry over to Borders Books and Music. I was browsing the bargain section when I saw all 4 Tolkein books: The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King. ALL TOGETHER, it was $8!!!!! Four VERY popular books, for essentially $2 each!!!!!!! I practically did a jig right then and there. I've only read The Fellowship of the Ring (though have watched all the movies too many times to mention) so now I'm excited not only do I own the books, I got them all for eight bucks!!!! :hyper:

:nerd:

That's awesome! :up:

Yeah, we're just talking about it here in my office. :sad: So horribly tragic. Apparently he just bought the bike 2 days ago. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom