The Temple Bar - SF Here We Come...UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I broke the promise I made to myself not to buy anymore albums before I bought the Wall, but I wanted that dream theater album so bad :sad:

I have it on (burnt) CD. :lol: I want the original for that cover and art work. :drool: I'm such a sucker for that stuff!

bono_212 said:
I broke the promise I made to myself not to buy anymore albums before I bought the Wall, but I wanted that dream theater album so bad :sad:

There is just way too much music to be purchased or acquired in some way and not enough money to do so! :crazy:

Zootlesque said:
I have it on (burnt) CD. :lol: I want the original for that cover and art work. :drool: I'm such a sucker for that stuff!

Would there be any chance of you uploading it? :shifty: :drool: In exchange, I could...I dunno...make a photocopy of the album cover for you? :huh: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Would there be any chance of you uploading it? :shifty: :drool: In exchange, I could...I dunno...make a photocopy of the album cover for you? :huh: :lol:

:laugh: No need for that! I'll upload and PM it to you!

This Dream Theater album is like a freakin movie or something...it's just one long story, it's so awesome...I had to buy it, and it might very well be one of the best albums I've ever heard...In my mind right now it's in my top five with TUF, the Wall and (believe it or not) Sam's Town.

VP, one thing... do you need Interstellar Overdrive, Remember A Day and Bike? They can be found on Piper and Saucerful so I didn't keep the copies from Relics in my itunes. But I can send them to you if you want.

Ashley, I'm not sure how I feel about DT. I do like their song Another Day and I know it's very 80s rock ish but their more complex songs haven't really grown on me yet.

Zootlesque said:
VP, one thing... do you need Interstellar Overdrive, Remember A Day and Bike? They can be found on Piper and Saucerful so I didn't keep the copies from Relics in my itunes. But I can send them to you if you want.

Ashley, I'm not sure how I feel about DT. I do like their song Another Day and I know it's very 80s rock ish but their more complex songs haven't really grown on me yet.

We have Bike, but not the others. We don't have Saucerful. :( Bike is on Echoes.

No I'm with you there Reg...I only got into Dream Theater because of Axver, and a friend at school who's obsessed with them and talked me into buying one of their albums

I'll be back in a bit...But you asked me about them a few weeks ago Zoots, and I wanted to just add to what I said before by saying that I don't really like their harder rock side, but Images and Words (the album Another Day) is on is really good, and Scenes from a Memory (The album I just bought) is like a sequel album to Images and Words, and is also a lot mellower than some of their hard HARD rock stuff...if that makes sense.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Bands like Dream Theater and Queensryche...:shrug: They're super musicians, but the music seems so processed...I dunno maybe I'm just stupid...:hmm:

I don't like most prog rock either, it just seems pretentious to me. :shrug:

That said, I've never considered Floyd to be prog, although some do, but I can't see it. :huh: And bands like Genesis, I guess I prefer their poppier stuff to their prog.

Queensryche, I really like Silent Lucidity, and Anther Rainy Night, but that's about it. I like Jeff Whatshisname's voice. I think I used to have one of their albums on cassette, but the ex ended up with the cassettes because I can't stand that format.

VintagePunk said:

I don't like most prog rock either, it just seems pretentious to me. :shrug:

That said, I've never considered Floyd to be prog, although some do, but I can't see it. :huh: And bands like Genesis, I guess I prefer their poppier stuff to their prog.

Queensryche, I really like Silent Lucidity, and Anther Rainy Night, but that's about it. I like Jeff Whatshisname's voice.

Pink Floyd is absolutely Prog Rock...10-15 minute songs...songs that take up an entire album side = Prog Rock and Floyd is guilty as charged.

Bands like Floyd, Yes and Rush have found a way to mix a 'pop' styled song or songs onto their albums and still make it relevant to the flow of their albums...:up:

But some bands just don't make the grade with me with that sort of musical style...again I'm a simpleton...:sigh:

VintagePunk said:
I've never considered Floyd to be prog, although some do, but I can't see it.

Yeah Pink Floyd is not really prog for the most part. Well... some of it is, like Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma (although that one is avant garde or a genre onto itself :crazy: ) and the song Echoes. But they don't have those crazy high speed instrumental breaks that bands like Yes or DT have.

Btw, sounds like you don't have Piper either. So I'm sending you a surprise package. :sexywink:

grouphug.gif

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Pink Floyd is absolutely Prog Rock

Zootlesque said:

Yeah Pink Floyd is not really prog for the most part.

:lol:

I guess I can see arguments for both sides. The thing with pure prog (Yes, like Reg mentioned :yuck: ) is that it bores me very, very quickly. Floyd's long, instrumental forays are always interesting to me, and hold my attention. :up:

VintagePunk said:

:lol:

I guess I can see arguments for both sides. The thing with pure prog (Yes, like Reg mentioned :yuck: ) is that it bores me very, very quickly. Floyd's long, instrumental forays are always interesting to me, and hold my attention. :up:

But they are Prog Rock...I mean songs that meander and go into weird timings...with lyrics that are more surreal than anything...that's the definition of Prog Rock...I rest my case...:blahblah:

Back
Top Bottom