The Temple Bar - Rockin' The Joint...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks April. :hug: I'm going to leave to see her in about an hour...in case it gets bad, and I can't get out later.

I went down so hard that if I'd hit the wall, I would have split my head open. :yikes: That's me though, if there's a patch of ice, I'll find it, and I'll fall. It's like a universal rule.

I was lying on the ground, and my daughter was all "is there anything I can do??" :yikes: I was all "yeah, go back in time 15 minutes, and put some salt down." :mad:

:lol:

Wow, VP, sorry you had a night like that. Hopefully, as you say, the worst is over and your Mom is truly on the road to recovery.

As for you, I am glad you did not smack your head into brick, that's always good to avoid. Maybe you won't be as sore as you expect.

Good luck with the Snow.

No spoken words said:
Wow, VP, sorry you had a night like that. Hopefully, as you say, the worst is over and your Mom is truly on the road to recovery.

As for you, I am glad you did not smack your head into brick, that's always good to avoid. Maybe you won't be as sore as you expect.

Good luck with the Snow.

Thanks. :) I'd rather have a night like that, the the one like the night before where I actually did get a call...

I'm pretty sure I'll be spending tonight on a heating pad. I have a tendency toward back problems anyway, so sometimes it doesn't take much to get it going.

The amount of snow will depend on the direction and strength of the wind. We're nestled amongst the great lakes, and we get this thing called lake effect snow, where cold winds blow over the lakes, pick up moisture, and it turns into snow inland. That's why Buffalo gets alot, they're subject to it, too. And that's besides the storm system that's coming from the midwest US.

Geography/weather :nerd:

I really want to talk to somebody right now. But I won't.

Maybe I fell on some ice, too, and have amnesia as to why I shouldn't. I'll feel better in a bit.

Hopefully you beat the snow, VP - we're supposed to get upwards of six to eight inches by tomorrow morning, yay.

nsw, thanks to you, everytime I see Buchanan I laugh my ass off. I think I've said this to you before, but it bears repeating. :wink:

FYI - I think I'm gonna have some time to watch those dvds this weekend. :)

VintagePunk said:

The amount of snow will depend on the direction and strength of the wind. We're nestled amongst the great lakes, and we get this thing called lake effect snow, where cold winds blow over the lakes, pick up moisture, and it turns into snow inland. That's why Buffalo gets alot, they're subject to it, too. And that's besides the storm system that's coming from the midwest US.

Geography/weather :nerd:

I did live in NY for 26 years, the phenomenon is not unknown to me.

Also took a GMO class in HS and college.

Hopefully the ferocity of the impending storm will not be too severe.

I wasn't sure if you would get it off the ocean, in NYC.

I just checked...this is coming off of Lake Ontario (sometimes we get it from other lakes), and till just a few minutes ago, the wind was NNE, meaning that it wouldn't get to us. Now it's switched to E, so yeah, it's headed here. :lol:

Good morning peeps.

Sorry to hear about your fall, VP. :hug: I'm like that with ice too - if it's around, I'm gonna slip on it and fall on my ass. I will never ever go ice skating! :yikes:

VintagePunk said:
I wasn't sure if you would get it off the ocean, in NYC.

We didn't, but, if you live in NYC and pay attention to the weather reports in the Winter, you of course hear about the goings on upstate and in Western NY. While a moron, yes, I'm not a total moron.

:)

ThoraSEB said:
Good morning peeps.

Sorry to hear about your fall, VP. :hug: I'm like that with ice too - if it's around, I'm gonna slip on it and fall on my ass. I will never ever go ice skating! :yikes:

Thora, I'm pathetic. One winter when I was in school full time, I had to park in this one lot, and take a short cut through a wooded path to get to my building. It was all bumpy and had small, short hills, and with all the people walking on it, it would soon turn to pure ice. Those damn kids walked it just fine. Me? I would fall daily. Sometimes several times. It was embarassing. :|

NSW, I just thought that since NYC is the centre of the world, that you guys wouldn't concern yourselves with what wasn't in your immediate surroundings. ;)

VintagePunk said:

Thora, I'm pathetic. One winter when I was in school full time, I had to park in this one lot, and take a short cut through a wooded path to get to my building. It was all bumpy and had small, short hills, and with all the people walking on it, it would soon turn to pure ice. Those damn kids walked it just fine. Me? I would fall daily. Sometimes several times. It was embarassing. :|

NSW, I just thought that since NYC is the centre of the world, that you guys wouldn't concern yourselves with what wasn't in your immediate surroundings. ;)

It is the center of the world, and most NY'ers probably don't care too much about what's going on elswhere....but, then again, I'm not most NY'ers. Or so I thought. Thanks for the lump in, though!

VintagePunk said:

Oh my god. :ohmy: You totally win.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just saw that my student aid refund check has been cut. :hyper:

And, as always, once I put some of it in the bank, I'll be headed off to buy something with the rest. :shifty:

Whatever you buy me with that $$$ will be much appreciated. Thank you for thinking of me.

The stress of the past few days has broken my sarcasm detector, obviously. :sad:

I need a deep infusion of heavy sarcasm to get it back.

My mom is nuts. She just called to let me know that this hot therapist guy that I saw with another patient yesterday just came to work with her, and that I missed him. :lol: Yeah, I'd say she's feeling better. :)

VP, I forgot to take the impact the last few days have had on you into account, and that could and likely does explain the sarcasm detection failure.

Sounds like Mom is doing ok today. :)

LMPA, how generous of you.

Zoot, way to start the weekend off right.

And, of course, hello Reggie.

Oh, and....yup, Beav is a Father now. So glad I started posting in this thread when I did, got to read all about his impending fatherhood and then actually anticipate his child's birth. Kind of funny, since he's some dude on a computer screen, but, he and his family were on my mind a lot yesterday, as I expressed to him.

VintagePunk said:
The stress of the past few days has broken my sarcasm detector, obviously. :sad:

My mom is nuts. She just called to let me know that this hot therapist guy that I saw with another patient yesterday just came to work with her, and that I missed him. :lol: Yeah, I'd say she's feeling better. :)

:lol:

:cute:

She definitely does sound better!

VintagePunk said:

:lmao:

No spoken words said:
VP, I forgot to take the impact the last few days have had on you into account, and that could and likely does explain the sarcasm detection failure.

Sounds like Mom is doing ok today. :)

LMPA, how generous of you.

Zoot, way to start the weekend off right.

And, of course, hello Reggie.

Oh, and....yup, Beav is a Father now. So glad I started posting in this thread when I did, got to read all about his impending fatherhood and then actually anticipate his child's birth. Kind of funny, since he's some dude on a computer screen, but, he and his family were on my mind a lot yesterday, as I expressed to him.

I'm a giver, nsw. :wink:

And I know what you mean - when I read that Mrs Beav did in fact have the baby I was clapping and grinning and shit. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom