The Temple Bar: Oh, we’ll be taking whatever you got...UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
I've never seen the Stones. I need to.

I also want to see McCartney.

I saw McCartney in 1991, I think. Towards the end, he started playing almost nothing but Beatles songs, and, I was in awe...that was as close as I could ever get to the Beatles in concert, and it was an amazing experience for me.

If they come this was again you should check them out VP.

I do not like Sir Paul, probably never will, and have no desire to ever see him. I don't know why I have soooo little interest, but if he vanished tmw that'd be fine :huh:

snowbunny00774 said:
If they come this was again you should check them out VP.

I do not like Sir Paul, probably never will, and have no desire to ever see him. I don't know why I have soooo little interest, but if he vanished tmw that'd be fine :huh:

Maybe you're the one who should vanish! :madspit:

No spoken words said:

I saw McCartney in 1991, I think. Towards the end, he started playing almost nothing but Beatles songs, and, I was in awe...that was as close as I could ever get to the Beatles in concert, and it was an amazing experience for me.

We've been going through a huge Wings/solo Paul phase, and we just got the Concert in Red Square dvd.

Other than those two, I totally want to become Elton John's groupie and follow him from city to city. I absolutely adore that man.

Oh, and I've never seen Bowie.

I need to see all these aging rock stars. :(

VintagePunk said:

We've been going through a huge Wings/solo Paul phase, and we just got the Concert in Red Square dvd.

Other than those two, I totally want to become Elton John's groupie and follow him from city to city. I absolutely adore that man.

Oh, and I've never seen Bowie.

I need to see all these aging rock stars. :(

You know how I feel about Elton, especially back in the day.

I never saw Bowie, that'd be cool, methinks.

No spoken words said:

You know how I feel about Elton, especially back in the day.

I never saw Bowie, that'd be cool, methinks.

I remember reading somewhere that Bowie is very fan friendly, signs autographs ala Bono. That kind of surprised me, I would have pegged him as aloof.

McCartney confession:

I always thought in the song "Jet" that he was singing "Chechs"

:nerd:

My wife told me the correct lyrics, which is strange because me wife never gets lyrics right...of course I fought her about this before someone told me she was right...:reject:

VintagePunk said:

Saw Elton last Nov, and he was beyond amazing. I left there all starry-eyed and star-struck. :love:

Oh, I remember you talking about that. It sounded awesome. I hope I get the chance sometime. :jealous:

snowbunny00774 said:

Oh, I remember you talking about that. It sounded awesome. I hope I get the chance sometime. :jealous:

I remember that too. Was right when I started posting here again, and VP tricked, I mean, talked me into posting in this thread for the first time. So, blame her.

No spoken words said:

I remember that too. Was right when I started posting here again, and VP tricked, I mean, talked me into posting in this thread for the first time. So, blame her.

oh I do, don't worry :addstolistofthingstodiscusswithvp@sf:

Last nov was amazing. In about a 17 or 18 day span, I saw The Killers playing a club date, Elton John, Gordon Lightfoot, and INXS. INXS were last, and I was pretty meh about them...very mediocre show, but after the first three, they had a lot to live up to.

No spoken words said:
Most of this thread is Canadian. VP, I'll likely be at SF, so, I'll overhear said discussion.

Fine then, blame a specific Canadian. :mad:

Kat I've never heard his new album.

Snow, we'll sneak off for a super sekrit girl conversation. :shifty:

How...:confused: I would just be there to talk with you, Snow, April and whomever else is going. Then when you all went out to the clubs, or dungeon or whatever is going on up there, I'd go back to the hotel and read the scripture of the Church of the NJ.

:shifty:

The musical Wicked Reg :wink:

Starbucks had the release and maybe QVC did too :huh: They had to play it for days and it still comes on. A random poll of the employees expressed the following reactions to the album :| and :crack: as a customer I simply walk out :D

is it time yet is it time yet? there is even a beer festival on :sad: <----tears to my eyes

VP if you end up staying at my place it's going to be self serve for everything.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
How...:confused: I would just be there to talk with you, Snow, April and whomever else is going. Then when you all went out to the clubs, or dungeon or whatever is going on up there, I'd go back to the hotel and read the scripture of the Church of the NJ.

:shifty:

I'm sure that's exactly how it would go. :up: :whatever:

Snow, just sent you a message re: arrangements.

So you're NOT waiting on us hand and foot? :sad: If not you, then I'm sure you've hired help to look after us, right? :shifty: Cabana boys? Anything?

Wild!!

Back
Top Bottom