The Temple Bar: NYC Get Ready For Those Buybacks - UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a Seinfeld party! Nice. My family regularly bangs out a good Seinfeld line.

The best ever was my aunt when we were down the beach. A kid was lying on the shore pretending to be unconscious after surfing. People are sort of looking over half-concerned, though we all know what he's doing. So my aunt, who was down by the water, starts walking back up, and yells, "Is anyone here a marine biologist?"

Good times.

They played Ultra Violet and Bad and Where the Streets Have No Name and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart and Out of Control and Vertigo and Crumbs from your Table and Gloria and Acrobat and New Year's Day and One Tree Hill and I'm not sure what else.

Thanks. Is there Gloria the same as the Van Morrison Gloria? "Gloriiiiiaaaaa G-L-O-R-I-A" <---- that one. Just trying to jog my memory a bit. Not really working though. I know I knew a few. And I remember you telling me they were playing BAD.

Nah, U2 has their own Gloria.

It goes: GLOOOOOOORIIIIIAAAA, IN TE DOMINE, GLOOOOOOOORIIIIAAAA, GLOOOOOOORIIIIIAAAA.

UberBeaver said:
Thanks. Is there Gloria the same as the Van Morrison Gloria? "Gloriiiiiaaaaa G-L-O-R-I-A" <---- that one. Just trying to jog my memory a bit. Not really working though. I know I knew a few. And I remember you telling me they were playing BAD.

Funny...you asked me this very question at the show.

unico said:

that was the highlight of the show for me. i've always wanted to hear that song live. obviously they are not better than the real thing, but it was really cool.

I'd long wanted to hear Acrobat, and on the Vertigo tour managed to not hear Crumbs....so, it was kinda cool to hear both, but, yeah, far from the real thing.

UberBeaver said:

Did they really? lol, nice.

Yes. You actually said out loud "that's Livin on a prayer" as they were playing the end of Vertigo, and I was like "STFU you drunken bastard", but sure enough, they played Livin on a Prayer and you were like "see!?!?!" and I was like "yeah, you were right, now STFU you drunken bastard"

These are the stories that you could have given us, you phailure.

Anyway, I'm pumped for the Phils tomorrow night. I'm considering posting the photo in some fashion at some point for those interested and then removing it. Just so you guys can be like, "Hey I know that guy!" only much more definitivly than in Beav's example earlier.

So I went in for my orientation for my new job this afternoon and met some of the people who I'd be working with.

My team is 8 girls and 1 guy (besides me).

:hmm:

phillyfan26 said:
These are the stories that you could have given us, you phailure.

Anyway, I'm pumped for the Phils tomorrow night. I'm considering posting the photo in some fashion at some point for those interested and then removing it. Just so you guys can be like, "Hey I know that guy!" only much more definitivly than in Beav's example earlier.

I'm rooting heavily for the Phils, for myriad reasons....but, one of those reasons is that I know it would please you and DaveC.

Indeed.

Dave, if you watch the Phils tomorrow, look out for me behind the Phils' dugout. I'll be there.

Back
Top Bottom