The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
snowbunny00774 said:

sorry you have no time off really Kat and Beav.

I was venting at work today about Canadians and how they never have to go to work :wink:

Zoney, my parents live in the land of dirt and umm meth labs at the moment unfortunately.
Have a safe trip!

<enjoying the godfather. My boss was reenacting monty python in the kitchen today :love: he's so adorable.

This is almost as good

redkat said:

I was venting at work today about Canadians and how they never have to go to work :wink:

Zoney, my parents live in the land of dirt and umm meth labs at the moment unfortunately.
Have a safe trip!

<enjoying the godfather. My boss was reenacting monty python in the kitchen today :love: he's so adorable.

This is almost as good

Hey Kat!

that was mocking. if I thought you meant it I'd cherish it as a job well done :)

Kat - some Canucks don't have to go to work. seeing as I almost live there I don't mind a few days off when i get them.

should i apply for this other job or not - I need a sign :huh:

snowbunny00774 said:
that was mocking. if I thought you meant it I'd cherish it as a job well done :)

Kat - some Canucks don't have to go to work. seeing as I almost live there I don't mind a few days off when i get them.

should i apply for this other job or not - I need a sign :huh:

Is the job with another entity, or an internal position?

also, why can't I get that stupid map thing to work. it either zooms out to space or way too far in to identify my house. even satellites have no interest in me :(

hi nsw :wave:

yea i sorta forgot for a second how much you work :uhoh: what is your sign? I will look up your horoscope... then you can make your decision. That simple

the best part was that he thought I'd be too young to know what monty python was lol :sigh:

snow, go ahead and apply.

As I, the unofficial queen of job applications, have been told about a hundred times, the worst they can tell you is no.

(I tend to think "the worst they can tell me is nothing," but that's JMO.)

No spoken words said:

Is the job with another entity, or an internal position?

internal, footstep in the door to project management. a level up from where i am now but I'm no longer terrorizing direct reports :(

I have none of the stuff they are looking for and I haven't done that kind of job before, however, a former manager works there now and this was his stepping stone from the job I have now. He said he'd support me, so I might get as far as the interview, which would be great for direction and feedback. I'm just not sure if this is a direction I want to go, but of course it is for climbing the ladder. I guess I'm not sure if i want this type of job : confused:

thanks you for entertaining my musing and if anyone has any advice it is appreciated. apps must be in by eod tmw.

Last edited:
redkat said:
hi nsw :wave:

yea i sorta forgot for a second how much you work :uhoh: what is your sign? I will look up your horoscope... then you can make your decision. That simple

the best part was that he thought I'd be too young to know what monty python was lol :sigh:

cancer and thanks!! i forgot you could do that!

you did ask him why he names his snakes, right? :)

snowbunny00774 said:

internal, footstep in the door to project management. a level up from where i am now but I'm no longer terrorizing direct reports :(

I have none of the stuff they are looking for and I haven't done that kind of job before, however, a former manager works there now and this was his stepping stone from the job I have now. He said he'd support me, so I might get as far as the interview, which would be great for direction and feedback. I'm just now sure if this is a direction I want to go, but of course it is for climbing the ladder. I guess I'm not sure if i want this type of job : confused:

thanks you for entertaining my musing and if anyone has any advice it is appreciated. apps must be in by eod tmw.

My advice is:

1) Take the interview

2) List out all the questions you'd have that pertain to whether this is for you....you're interviewing them, too, do not forget that.

You have nothing to lose by doing the above. You let people know that you're serious about advancing your career, and are not married to doing any one thing.....if you do not get an offer, so be it....if you do, and you do not want it, that's reasonable, and if they respect you, they'll respect that decision.....and if you get an offer and you DO want it, well, perfect.

Regardless of what you do, do not stress over it...you're dealing from strength - you have a career already, you're well respected and if you choose not to take the interview, so be it.

No spoken words said:

My advice is:

1) Take the interview

2) List out all the questions you'd have that pertain to whether this is for you....you're interviewing them, too, do not forget that.

You have nothing to lose by doing the above. You let people know that you're serious about advancing your career, and are not married to doing any one thing.....if you do not get an offer, so be it....if you do, and you do not want it, that's reasonable, and if they respect you, they'll respect that decision.....and if you get an offer and you DO want it, well, perfect.

Regardless of what you do, do not stress over it...you're dealing from strength - you have a career already, you're well respected and if you choose not to take the interview, so be it.

true. I'd take the interview just for the exposure. I think I'm bucking because I'm afraid of getting pigeon holed into HR, which I think ultimately is a great place for me to end up, but closer to an exec level type role. I think i need all this extra bits and pieces (i.e proj management) to have a full understanding of all facets of our very multifacted business, esp if i end up in HR. I would desperately miss the people management piece if I went into this area, but for ultimate ends it might be a good step. Other people would be better candidates for this but just the ap and interview would get it known in that area that i was interested, so it may lead to something a few months down the road. ack :in a voice much like a crow:

snowbunny00774 said:

true. I'd take the interview just for the exposure. I think I'm bucking because I'm afraid of getting pigeon holed into HR, which I think ultimately is a great place for me to end up, but closer to an exec level type role. I think i need all this extra bits and pieces (i.e proj management) to have a full understanding of all facets of our very multifacted business, esp if i end up in HR. I would desperately miss the people management piece if I went into this area, but for ultimate ends it might be a good step. Other people would be better candidates for this but just the ap and interview would get it known in that area that i was interested, so it may lead to something a few months down the road. ack :in a voice much like a crow:

You're a smart one, you will do the "right" thing. Also, who cares who is a better candidate...that's for your employers to decide....you are likely selling yourself short, or just seeing things through a narrow and subjective prism.

I just went from managing 12 people to just 2, and, after all those years of overseeing 10 or more people, just handling 2 is a nice change of pace. Ultimately, I think that not managing a larger group is a waste of one of my few talents, but for now, it's a nice reprieve....but, admittedly, I do miss it a bit.....but, the sheer volume of work and decisions and such, both within my purveiw and outside, more than compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom