The Temple Bar - Lemons UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
me too. I can't even imagine, thankfully. like I said, she needs a sign or something. we are going to spend new years in her home towns legion :). all kinds of disaster/fun. so random and mundane!

I thought I would be spending it at home alone and was actually looking forward to it. I have a lot of good stuff from the past yr to reflect on. P wants me there though so I will go. If that changes, I'm happy to hang out here though. never thought I would say that :)

do you have any options?

Being new to town, I've met nice people, but, I'd only call 2 people "friends". I do not want to spend NYE with a pack of drunk acqunaintances....drunk friends is fine, drunk peripheral characters is a waste of time....

snowbunny00774 said:

who you talkin' bout willis? :eyebrow:

Coworkers here in Chicago. The things I've been invited to by coworkers I do not have friendships with...nice people, but, ultimately,not people I'm gonna spend NYE with......

3 pages and not one single GFY? :tsk:
Liz, I don't know what nonsense you and Beav are talking about, so I'm just going to ignore it. But you can plug my outlet anytime :drool:

Mike - there's no pressure to go out with them, right? Just stay at home, man! Tell them you got shit to do that doesn't involved trying to decipher the slurred conversation of drunk peripheral characters.

I'm actually looking forward to NYE. My friends and I are doing the same thing we did last year, going to a concert of one of our favorite bands. Except this time we're inviting more people, so now our group has doubled in size. It's badass, there's a balloon drop and champagne toast thrown in the middle of a Rock The Fuck Out set. I'm trying to get U2Democrat to come along since she can drink now. She needs to share a toast with Barry (I hope you're reading this Laura!!)

I live on a moderately busy street, and I think I've seen one or two cars go by in the past hour. :crack:

It's pretty out there. I'm sure I'll be bitching tomorrow when it becomes necessary to actually go outside and navigate the roads in this, but for now, it's nice.

Please excuse the drive-by post, but I have a really random request.

I'm re-loading my iPod, and as I worked my way through my CDs, I realized that while I still have the case, I have lost my Franz Ferdinand CD. :(

Does anyone have an MP3 of "Take Me Out" they'd be willing to email me, or upload for me?

EDIT: Veep has me covered. Whoot!

I have no NYE plans. If someone invited me to a party, I might go, but none of my friends seem to be the party-having or party-going type. Alas.

Knowing me, I might crank some tunes and end up in bed before 11.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

I have no NYE plans. If someone invited me to a party, I might go, but none of my friends seem to be the party-having or party-going type. Alas.

Knowing me, I might crank some tunes and end up in bed before 11.

NYE bugs me. I rarely go out, and I cover myself by telling various people that I'm going somewhere else, which allows me to slip under the radar and just stay home.

I'll gladly eat, drink and be merry any other day of the year, but I'm contrary enough that on a day where I'm supposed to be, I say "fuck it," treat it as an ordinary evening, sit around and do nothing, and then go to bed early. :holidayrebel:

unico said:
if you weren't a Carbon Leaf h8r I'd invite you, but nooooooooo.

I'm not a hater! I don't care for the one or two songs I've heard of theirs, but a h8r? :sad:

Maybe ... but I'm sure not going to fly across the country to see them. :wink:

I'm funny about seeing bands live. Unless it's a band I'm honestly curious about, I won't go see bands whose songs I don't know.

I know I should support local music, since I'm such a music lover, but I loathe standing around in a crowded club and listening to music I don't know. Half the people are drunk, and I'm short so all I'm looking at are people's backs. No thanks.

I have a much better time when I know the songs. Hence, I'm a fan of going out to hear cover bands with friends. I realize this might make me lame. But I don't care.

VintagePunk said:
I live on a moderately busy street, and I think I've seen one or two cars go by in the past hour. :crack:

It's pretty out there. I'm sure I'll be bitching tomorrow when it becomes necessary to actually go outside and navigate the roads in this, but for now, it's nice.

My dad is nuts - got an email from Mom this morning and among other things it said that Dad went to work... It's nuts because my parents live in Chatham and Dad has to commute to Leamington, about a 40 min or so drive away - Mom said when he called her from work he said it took him an hour and a half to get there, and that the driving was "a little dicey", which given it's Dad, means it was pretty brutal :tsk: It's highway driving but it's a secondary highway, so I don't know how fast they clear it.

Do you have to take Sarah back tomorrow for exams?

Drea said:

My dad is nuts - got an email from Mom this morning and among other things it said that Dad went to work... It's nuts because my parents live in Chatham and Dad has to commute to Leamington, about a 40 min or so drive away - Mom said when he called her from work he said it took him an hour and a half to get there, and that the driving was "a little dicey", which given it's Dad, means it was pretty brutal :tsk: It's highway driving but it's a secondary highway, so I don't know how fast they clear it.

Do you have to take Sarah back tomorrow for exams?

Ooh, I hope he makes it home okay! My nephew has his kids for the weekend, and was supposed to have them back to their mom in London this afternoon, and he's not taking a chance, even though he's risking the wrath of the uber-bitch from hell. :yikes: If I *really* had to go out somewhere in the city today, I would, but I wouldn't go on any highways. I'm sure blowing snow is horrible out there - it's not looking too pleasant here in the city at the moment.

Sarah doesn't have to be back till Thursday, but would like to get there on Tuesday, to study. I'm sure it'll be fine by then. At least I hope so. I take secondary roads too, and even a rural road or two, thanks to a detour along my usual route, that's been in effect since last April. :happy:

Eta - an angel in a snow-covered parka just went up and down our block with a snowblower. :love: I'm not sure who it was. But what he blew out is filling back in pretty rapidly.

Last edited:
Guys - For some reason I'm now premium. I never paid. I don't know why. Yet I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this oversight.

phillyfan26 said:
Guys - For some reason I'm now premium. I never paid. I don't know why. Yet I'm wondering if I should take advantage of this oversight.

Maybe it's because you're a great contributor, and they're wondering just how much greater you could become with all the premium tools at your disposal?

Either that, or there's a phillyfan25 sitting at his computer weeping, wondering why his premium membership hasn't come through yet.

I've essentially been waiting till college before truly diving headfirst into this board. When I go to college, I plan on paying premium and posting my picture.

I really have no idea. I'd probably say closer to home, just because I really would hate to live in the south. I'm willing to go northeast too. I'm really not too sure about it.

I'm applying to Penn State for sure, after that it's sort of a toss up.

phillyfan26 said:
I really have no idea. I'd probably say closer to home, just because I really would hate to live in the south. I'm willing to go northeast too. I'm really not too sure about it.

I'm applying to Penn State for sure, after that it's sort of a toss up.

You could always come north, apply to UWO and make yourself available to Snow a few years earlier than anticipated. ;)

there goes pfan's christmas surprise - shit - I wonder who got there first? :hmm:

drea - it took 90 mins from chatham to leamington? p is supposed to do that drive home tonight from london to kingsville. I'll have to call her, there's no way she'll be able to make it through those roads after you get off the 401 in her car.

I had wanted to go to zellers but there is about 7 inches piled on my car. :lazywins: my mom is in quebec city right now, thankfully she's not flying home till tmw, hopefully her flights aren't too effected by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom