The Temple Bar: Legit Home of the RECESSION ... UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read the last Harry Potter. Not sure how much I remember, though - I seriously do not retain much of what I read in those books, I read them so fast when they came out.

How is Mickey Rooney still alive? Holy crow, the man must be 112.

Edit: he just said he's 87. How is that possible?

I was debating starting it and the first page mentions someone named yaxley. He doesn't sound familiar at all so I'm thinking I might not have read the second last book. Is yaxley in the second last book?

Thanks if you ( I know The Expert will know for sure!) can help :)

Snow, she's gone to bed now, but the name didn't ring a bell with me, so I looked it up. It said the character was first mentioned only once in passing by Snape in the 2nd to last book as being a death eater who did not seek Voldemort after he disappeared. So, sounds like he was a half-assed death eater of no importance till the last book.

Night, all.

Thanks VP. I'm pretty sure I didn't read that second last book then, I would have noticed that name even if it was only in passing. Crap.

Night.

Glad VP could answer that. :) I didn't recognize the name at all. Like cori, I read through the book so fast when it came out that I've totally forgotten most of it.

Night!

elevated_u2_fan said:

Wasn't it??!!

I was really pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was...

Was anyone else fascinated by Edge's Mike-stand?

It was so good I saw it three times - twice on Friday and once on Sunday. :reject:

We kept speculating as to what that orange crap Larry was drinking was. I think it was Thera-flu due to the box of tissues and abnormally good mood. ;)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
We kept speculating as to what that orange crap Larry was drinking was. I think it was Thera-flu due to the box of tissues and abnormally good mood. ;)

It looked like a big pitcher of Ice-Tea!! lol

I had visions of him pouring it into plastic cups with slices of lemon and orange for the others like at a picnic :giggle:

I will also have to go and see it at least once more :reject:

VintagePunk said:

Beav, when interviewing or having research participants fill out a survey, if they indicate that they're suicidal, we're supposed to determine if they have a plan, and if so, if they have the means to carry out that plan. I think the same things could apply to homicide.

Does she seem like she's been plotting? Has she been gathering weapons?

If not, I'd probably let it slide, but it doesn't hurt to keep vigilant for signs.

An interest query, VP.

She points at things, and then beats them down - often whilst laughing hysterically. She seems intent on destroying the cat as well - they're an interesting couple of arch-nemesis. Now that she outweighs him and moves independently he seems to welcome the challenge too. Her latest gambit is to starve the cat by eating all his food. I'd say that is certainly a plan.

I've also noticed that she's practicing hurling objects at people. Perhaps she is going to try a long range knife assassination in the coming days. Not a bad plan, if you ask me. It's quiet and quick. With enough practice it's certainly effective. Interesting.

Well, ok, I'll take your advice and just keep an eye on her. I'll let my father know she may be plotting. I hope he doesnt' take it personal. He really seems to like her. Thanks!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think this question should be posed in the main U23D thread, but if I saw it three times, my date of death should come seven days after the last showing, right? Or did the countdown begin after the first?

I'm confused. Hold me. :sad:

Definitely the first showing....:yes:

Who's got 'tang...:eyebrow:

elevated_u2_fan said:
who doesn't like tang?... :shifty: Reg is gonna love this...

ETA: REG! I knew you would like the tang reference :hi5:

You know, I don't know if that's a good thing or bad...but I'm going with good, at least until PFan comes in and shames with his youthful ideology...:yes:

And seriously...Laura should know better than that...:giggle:

snowbunny00774 said:
Thanks VP. I'm pretty sure I didn't read that second last book then, I would have noticed that name even if it was only in passing. Crap.

Night.

I rarely ever remember small details from books, especially the Harry Potter ones. :reject: Of course, every one I've read, I have a walking reference guide 10 feet away from me saying "where are you? What's happening? Do you have any questions? :hyper: " so I really don't need to.

Back
Top Bottom