The Temple Bar - Knock it off, Beav: UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 2 of taking it on the chin, financially. I'll say this, my boss is, overall, staying calm which flows downhill. I rarely say this out loud, but I cannot wait for today to be over and for the weekend to begin. I need it.

Favorite Simpsons moment: Homer gets the tour of the Duff Brewery, and as they're bragging about quality control, a bottle with Hitler's head inside passes by.

I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.
:( I want to see that movie now. No idea why that popped into my head.

The site was dragging the past couple of days, right? I dont' know why. Probably because my awesome is slowing down the servers. Servers like to savor my writings, so you can't blame them for slowing down just a tad to soak it all in. I guess. I dunno. What else could it be?

NSW - today would be the perfect day to have a complete meltdown in front of everyone and just start telling them to pack their bags, cause they're fucked, you're fucked, the whole goddamn company is fucked, we're all going to hell in a fucking handbasket and I, for one, will take every goddamn last item I can fit and bring it to pawn, because that will be the only revenue I'll be seeing for a long fucking while We're fucked. We're done. STOP SMILING! Fuck.

Might be worth a laugh. No?

UberBeaver said:

The site was dragging the past couple of days, right? I dont' know why. Probably because my awesome is slowing down the servers. Servers like to savor my writings, so you can't blame them for slowing down just a tad to soak it all in. I guess. I dunno. What else could it be?

by jove, I think you`ve got it!

Beav, yeah, I'll do that, that's a great idea.

Putting your douche-like nature aside, nice Shawshank reference.

I love that film, despite how the more learned film lovers savage it. I think the more you learn about film, the less you learn to connect on an emotional level with films. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, slip out of work early and go home and watch Shawshank, Mike.

I never considered Beav's level of awesome effecting the servers but this could be a factor :hmm: Beav, do us all a favor and be less awesome k?

also I would like to make a prediction that at least half or perhaps 3/4 of the threads for the Radiohead Survivor are going to get locked because of personal attacks :up:

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
Putting your douche-like nature aside, nice Shawshank reference.

I love that film, despite how the more learned film lovers savage it. I think the more you learn about film, the less you learn to connect on an emotional level with films. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, slip out of work early and go home and watch Shawshank, Mike.

I remember saying in a movie thread once "there is not one person who hates Shawshank"... I'll give you three guesses who showed up to shit on it ( :rolleyes: ) and the first two don't count...

Well, it could have been a few. One does not know what flow* is. Another could be the previous person's mentor. There are a few other candidates, but these 2 leap to mind.

*say what?

No spoken words said:

If you understood cinema you'd understand why it's pretty much the worst move ever made. Has Frank Darabond ever heard of something called lighting ? And Morgan Freeman's accent is totally unbelievable. And the First Assissant to the Second Unit Director absolutely ruined the scene when they shoot Tommy in the courtyard. Two camera shoot?! For a scene that important you use a TWO CAMERA SHOOT? I can't watch that movie. What's it about anyway? I usually lose interest after they don't show the rape scene. Why would they not show that? Man on man? That's a win/win, right? With the right lighting, some good late 70s funk music and a bottle of wine, what's not to love? That movie sucks. I'm going to watch the Spielberg directed "Where the Ladies Aren't 9". The lighting in that is perfection.

btw, thanks DaveC for reporting the grim news that Soulja Boy has been nominated for a Grammy... :tsk:

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm stocking up on supplies and getting my panic room ready for the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse which is sure to follow...

Last edited:
Liberty is in Lynchburg. A friend of mine went to RMWC for undergrad, which is in the same city. We're visiting some of her college friends who still live in the area (it's her birthday). They all say that I cannot go into the city without experiencing Liberty.

As for KC, pick a song, any song, and I'll be sure to sing it at the top of my lungs while strolling through the campus.

elevated_u2_fan said:
btw, thanks DaveC for reporting the grim news that Soulja Boy has been nominated for a Grammy... :tsk:

:sad:

i've no idea what happened to the zombies. they should've rushed the forum last week, but there was barely a scream. nobody gnawed on anyone's brains. what has happened to this place?

No spoken words said:

I love that film, despite how the more learned film lovers savage it. I think the more you learn about film, the less you learn to connect on an emotional level with films. Maybe I'm wrong.

I get what you mean...but I don't know if that is true in general. I don't think the same can be said for other art media, you know? I think some people were just born with a very technical lens, and they're going to apply that perspective to whatever area they pursue, could be film, music, etc. There's lovers then there's critics.

elevated_u2_fan said:

:tsk: you lose 2 points...

I realize taste is subjective and all but I really dislike that song, it's just so bland and trite on an otherwise excellent album...

i think part of the reason i love that album is the smooth basslines. babyface is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom