The Temple Bar - Knock it off, Beav: UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
snowbunny00774 said:
wow. the montreal massacre was 18 yrs ago today. the year I moved here. unbelievable.:(

Damn :sad: Usually the date registers with me, it didn't today :( I can't believe it's been 18 years already - literally half a lifetime ago now :|

UberBeaver said:

I never even heard of that. I just googled it. How did I miss that?

'Good luck '78.

Really? must not have gotten much US coverage. It was devastating. Some big turn outs at the memorials today so that's good.

Have you ever heard of a sport called Crashed Ice?

VintagePunk said:
Calling music prog that isn't prog makes baby Jesus cry. :(

Jules, were you ever told what kind of a murmur it is? Some are very benign, and babies/kids outgrow them eventually. Hopefully that's what your daughter has. :)

VP, she is going to her first cardio appt in a couple of weeks so they will finally be able to give me an answer of what it truly is.

Thanks Snowbunny, Mia and Beavs, well anyone really (lol). :hug:

Drea said:

Damn :sad: Usually the date registers with me, it didn't today :( I can't believe it's been 18 years already - literally half a lifetime ago now :|

I know the feeling. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it this week. Thankfully other people are doing a better job than me remembering. I'll have to calendar it.

unico said:
the first time i heard about it was in april when someone mentioned it in the virginia tech thread.

I debated mentioning it in here out of deference to you, however then I realized I'd be doing them a diservice, esp. as I'd already forgotten and I didn't want to compound that. An awful awful time, which I'm sure you understand more than anyone :hug:

snowbunny00774 said:

I debated mentioning it in here out of deference to you, however then I realized I'd be doing them a diservice, esp. as I'd already forgotten and I didn't want to compound that. An awful awful time, which I'm sure you understand more than anyone :hug:

it's okay to talk about it around me. i don't mind it at all. it was a big tragedy and definitely deserves some reflection. thanks for thinking of me though. :hug:

That is insane. There have to be a lot of broken bones at the end of that. <--- re: Crashed ice. And it's free. :D Awesome.

pfan = Holden Caulfield. I just realized it. He's precocious like that. An old soul, but not jaded. Is humorously cynical, but in reality an optimist.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
That is insane. There have to be a lot of broken bones at the end of that. <--- re: Crashed ice.

pfan = Holden Caulfield. I just realized it. He's precocious like that. An old soul, but not jaded. Is humorously cynical, but in reality an optimist.

Pfan-much more mature than most of the teens on here. :up:

UberBeaver said:
That is insane. There have to be a lot of broken bones at the end of that. <--- re: Crashed ice.

part the one - yes. completely mad. the footage was hysterical!!

part the second - BINGO!!!!! wow. how did it take us* this long to pigeonhole him?

*that was obviously the shared portion of your grey matter that came up with that.

snowbunny00774 said:

part the second - BINGO!!!!! wow. how did it take us* this long to pigeonhole him?

*that was obviously the shared portion of your grey matter that came up with that.

Well, we spent the first few months trying to figure out what to call him, so there was that distraction. I don't multitask well.

snowbunny00774 said:
http://www.redbullcrashedice.com/race.php

fucking nutters. I think I might be in QC that weekend. i have got to see this in person. There was footage on TV tonight. absolute madness

That looks nuts - fun, but nuts *snerk*

Take my advice - if you do go, skip the Three Days Grace concert that they're advertising for after the race, they absolutely suck... in fact there are no words to describe just how much they suck, and I can't even hear the band's name without shuddering :yuck: (And yes this is based on an experience of seeing them live - here in TO 4 years ago)

In reference to the École Polytéchnique massacre, that was a day I won't soon forget. I was 11 years old at the time, and I remember being shaken by the thought of how or why someone would do such a thing. :sad:

And as far as news coverage in the U.S. goes, whenever something happens in Montreal (and the rest of Canada) I invariably always turn to the U.S. networks to see if and how they're covering it. I distinctly remember Peter Jennings ( a native of Ottawa) reporting on it.

Drea said:

That looks nuts - fun, but nuts *snerk*

Take my advice - if you do go, skip the Three Days Grace concert that they're advertising for after the race, they absolutely suck... in fact there are no words to describe just how much they suck, and I can't even hear the band's name without shuddering :yuck: (And yes this is based on an experience of seeing them live - here in TO 4 years ago)

I hear their song over and over and I just want to throw the radio or tv out of the window! ugh.

snowbunny00774 said:

http://www.redbullcrashedice.com/race.php

fucking nutters. I think I might be in QC that weekend. i have got to see this in person. There was footage on TV tonight. absolute madness

I've never been to that, but that event is not long before the Winter Carnival. Anyone that hasn't been to it must go there at least once in their life. It's a blast!

BonoManiac said:
In reference to the École Polytéchnique massacre, that was a day I won't soon forget. I was 11 years old at the time, and I remember being shaken by the thought of how or why someone would do such a thing. :sad:

And as far as news coverage in the U.S. goes, whenever something happens in Montreal (and the rest of Canada) I invariably always turn to the U.S. networks to see if and how they're covering it. I distinctly remember Peter Jennings ( a native of Ottawa) reporting on it.

Hi there :wave:

Welcome to the bar - don't be a stranger.

Thanks for your POV on that as a someone who lived in the Province. We had just moved here, and my mom was terrified. We had moved here rather than the States because of gun violence in school my mom was concerned about. It just made no sense, and unfortunately wasn't the act of a mad man.

Peter Jennings. :(

Do you know anything about this Crashed Ice deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom