The Temple Bar - Knock it off, Beav: UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
damn.
i don't recognize the number. these are pretty suggestive texts too. 708 area code...which is Illinois, right?

Chicagoland ...

NSW!

Cheater.

Lost my basketball game by 3, though luckily it was the second of two "pre-season" games.

Almost got T'd up by the ref, gang.

unico said:
wow by 3? that's a close one! well done!
sidenote: mystery solved. will continue suggestive texting. :sexywink:

Yeah, we should have one. Refs :tsk: (I can say that because I am one)

So, you know who the person is?

U2Girl1978 said:

She has some skin issues that I am a little worried about. Other than that, she's great.

I am doing great. I'm on a neverending search for a job. Such a pain in the ass.

Oh no! What kind of skin issues? Is it treatable/temporary?

I hear ya on the job thing :sigh: I hope we both find something soon :hug:

unico said:

Oh no! What kind of skin issues? Is it treatable/temporary?

I hear ya on the job thing :sigh: I hope we both find something soon :hug:

Well, it all pretty much started a few days after she was born. They had a bandage on her foot because they were doing a test and once they took the bandage off, the skin underneath it came off. :|

Now, she has these blisters on her foot that the doctors are kind of puzzled about.

I think she also might have eczema on her arms. :(

Got Philk? said:

Be careful! I got T'd up for arguing a traveling call. I didn't get to play the rest of the game. It was sad.

Mine was similar. A guy threw the ball to me when I was running down the court and hit me on the inside of the soulder, the ball bounced in front, I gathered and started going down court ... and I got called for double dribble. I apparently made a look of distaste, beacuse he started defending his call: "You caught it, dribbled, picked it up, then dribbled again." I said, "I never had the ball the first time." He goes, "Yes, you did." I gave up. Nitwit.

He called an intentional foul on one of our players that cost us the game. It was inexplicable. Our guy got a steal by swiping the ball up from underneath, and he said he tried to tackle him with his head. I'm still perplexed.

What did you do, pfan? I think I had more ejections and Technical fouls than points/runs in my sporting career. Not including soccer, I was pretty good at soccer - goalie though, so I never scored. "Two Ts and you're out." "I told you not to throw the bat. This is the second time. You're out." "I warned you about your mouth. Shut it. You're out." Bastards always ruinin my funz. My poor father was my basketball coach when I was in grammar school. lol. Every week he had to put up with that. Granted, I didn't get ejected every week, but I got the stern talking to.

U2Girl1978 said:

Well, it all pretty much started a few days after she was born. They had a bandage on her foot because they were doing a test and once they took the bandage off, the skin underneath it came off. :|

Now, she has these blisters on her foot that the doctors are kind of puzzled about.

I think she also might have eczema on her arms. :(

oh man, thats awful about her foot! poor baby.
re: eczema - you think she is allergic to something? perhaps fabric softner? something like that?

unico said:

oh man, thats awful about her foot! poor baby.
re: eczema - you think she is allergic to something? perhaps fabric softner? something like that?

I honestly don't know. Her dermatologist would probably have a better answer. We're seeing a different one in a couple of weeks.

Can babies with heart murmurs play sports later in life?

that sucks Jules. Having had an awful childhood with skin issues I strongly suggest swtcihing to Tide and Downy free, it might not only be the fabric softener. If she seems like she needs relief the fastest way until the cream kicks in is to throw a bag of frozen veggies on the area. She will love you even more. PM me if you think I might know anything of value, although I don't usually.

U2Girl1978 said:

wow, poor little thing is getting a rough ride. My friends little boy is now fully engaged in every sport, and his was pretty serious at one point.

I hope things get better from here on in :hug:

U2Girl1978 said:

I honestly don't know. Her dermatologist would probably have a better answer. We're seeing a different one in a couple of weeks.

that must be awful to not know how to help your own child right now. i can imagine it sucks now, but hang in there, you will have some solid answers soon. :hug: she'll be taken care of and you're a great mother for being so concerned and involved with her well being.

Calling music prog that isn't prog makes baby Jesus cry. :(

Jules, were you ever told what kind of a murmur it is? Some are very benign, and babies/kids outgrow them eventually. Hopefully that's what your daughter has. :)

snowbunny00774 said:

wow, poor little thing is getting a rough ride. My friends little boy is now fully engaged in every sport, and his was pretty serious at one point.

I hope things get better from here on in :hug:

That's good. Phew.

Yea, her pedi said I should switch to tide free and get all these creams for her. I'm just hoping it's not something that is going to bother her in the long run. Her dermatologist said it could be a question of epidermilosys (sp) bullosa. But she doesn't believe it is. I hope not. There are several versions of it and one of them is fatal. They are usually called butterfly children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom