The Temple Bar - :fuckyeah: ... MUYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a hockey dad, a soccer uncle, a football cousin, a ping pong brother, and a Donkey Kong best friend.

I missed him last night, other than the opening. I left after that to shower, and got back in time for weekend update, since those are generally the only things on SNL worth watching these days.

Lord. Poehler is huge. I hope there's a birthing team standing by when they rehearse/broadcast.

Fine. Banged out two apps today (one for La Salle and one for Temple). Halfway done.

Penn State and Temple are my clear favorites. Not sure where I want to go with that. La Salle is third, but being private, it's more expensive, so I'd only go there if I got a lot of money from them. Pitt is fourth, but lacks communications majors, so it's probably out. Delaware is fifth, but it's out of state, and thus, more expensive. Same with Maryland. And then Millersville and West Chester are my fall backs.

Millersville is probably my legit fallback. I'm applying to West Chester almost out of obligation since that's where I live.

Thank you.

Yeah, I mean, I've at least finally figured out what I want to do, which is good. I was stuck deciding between communications and business, and figured out that a communications major with a marketing minor or double major is the way I want to go.

I talked it over with my dad, who I'd not gone into too much detail with. He said that the best way to keep my options open (which was my concern, since there are limited positions in the media) would be to study a minor in business that still relates to communications and the media and such. He also said that I seemed like a good marketing guy because I have ideas, and it's good for someone who can sell something but cannot be a salesman (I'm like him, way too brutally honest to be a good salesman). And, hell, he's his company's vice president so he'd probably know. He hires people. So, I think his advice was good.

I talked it over with my dad, who I'd not gone into too much detail with. He said that the best way to keep my options open (which was my concern, since there are limited positions in the media) would be to study a minor in business that still relates to communications and the media and such. He also said that I seemed like a good marketing guy because I have ideas, and it's good for someone who can sell something but cannot be a salesman (I'm like him, way too brutally honest to be a good salesman). And, hell, he's his company's vice president so he'd probably know. He hires people. So, I think his advice was good.

That's pretty sound advice, though, I disagree that there are limited options in the media business.

You can move to Chicago and work with Douche Boy NSW. Then we can call you THE APPRENTICE until you surpass him and take over. Then he'll be on the unemployment line asking me for pot. That day will rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom