The Temple Bar ~ Doozer Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:

Don't make me ask a third time. :mad:

I rarely miss a post, sorry Beav.

No, I actually majored in Athletic Administration with a Business minor at SJU. Really wanted to work for a NY-based team or one of the league offices....only took the one required comm class, all my other electives were English or Psych related. (Oh, and, thanks SJU for the 18 credits worth of required theology and philosophy.)

I often think about teaching a comm class, but a real comm class, not one that just defines what a rating or share or HUT level is...one that deals with the realities of the business.

snowbunny00774 said:
What do I want for dinner? Why don't you all use your degrees to figure that out for me...go on then.

My degree is in English, so you want boiled meat, with boiled potatoes, a side of some weird pie that has boiled meat in it and a Pint of something dark.

No spoken words said:

I rarely miss a post, sorry Beav.

No, I actually majored in Athletic Administration with a Business minor at SJU. Really wanted to work for a NY-based team or one of the league offices....only took the one required comm class, all my other electives were English or Psych related. (Oh, and, thanks SJU for the 18 credits worth of required theology and philosophy.)

I often think about teaching a comm class, but a real comm class, not one that just defines what a rating or share or HUT level is...one that deals with the realities of the business.

Philosophy ended up being my favorite subject. I hated 101, 201, 301, but after that, awesome. Naturally i didn't learn that til my senior year, but whatever.

Go for it. Damn kids these days could use some reality.

UberBeaver said:

Philosophy ended up being my favorite subject. I hated 101, 201, 301, but after that, awesome. Naturally i didn't learn that til my senior year, but whatever.

Go for it. Damn kids these days could use some reality.

I got into a verbal spat with one of my priest professors in my first philosophy class. He was tilting the class more towards a theology class than a philosophy class, and was telling us that
g-d has a reason, a plan for everything on Earth. I asked the priest why we have an appendix, and it just went downhill quickly from there. It was suggested to me, politely, that I maybe drop the class. :)

Funny you say what you said, because the very last philosophy class I took was far and away my favorite, but that was 301.

AFOS :madspit:

Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals! :whistle:

UberBeaver said:

My degree is in English, so you want boiled meat, with boiled potatoes, a side of some weird pie that has boiled meat in it and a Pint of something dark.

Hi Everyone :wave: and thanks for the suggestions.

This one of course is the one I'll be going with. Who doesn't love boiled meat everyday? hmm? that or grilled pork chops with baked beans and boiled potatoes, or the other dinner of champions chips or mash with bacon and eggs and baked beans again, or peas, but only the mushy kind. Oh and we forgot the cabbage, got to have that. :blech:

Sorry, that post reminded of the first 10 yrs of my life's dinners. Until my mom went to AMERICA (said in awed, hushed tones), and came back and announced we were never having chops and potatoes again. It was fanfuckingtastic. Thank you AMERICA.

snowbunny00774 said:

Sorry, that post reminded of the first 10 yrs of my life's dinners. Until my mom went to AMERICA (said in awed, hushed tones), and came back and announced we were never having chops and potatoes again. It was fanfuckingtastic. Thank you AMERICA.

I ate shit like that too. My mother was Italian, but for some reason only God knows, she let my father (Scottish and English) cook. So the routine was turn oven on, throw in food, remove food when grey and leathery, consume. My grandparents, the Italians, moved in when I was 12, and thankfully, they brought their food techniques with them. Then they got too old and my father returned to head chef. I moved out shortly after.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Whoa...OK, somebody spiked Lila's apple juice...:uhoh:

I want some of that - what gives Lila?

I'm glad but not (know what I mean) that you know my pain with the food Beav. To this day I refuse to have potatoes in my house. If they make it in for special things it sure as shit isn't for boiling.

snowbunny00774 said:

Hi Everyone :wave: and thanks for the suggestions.

This one of course is the one I'll be going with. Who doesn't love boiled meat everyday? hmm? that or grilled pork chops with baked beans and boiled potatoes, or the other dinner of champions chips or mash with bacon and eggs and baked beans again, or peas, but only the mushy kind. Oh and we forgot the cabbage, got to have that. :blech:

My mom immigrated years ago and didn't get the memo nor has she caught on that serving potatoes with every meal is not keeping the Irish alive. :coocoo:

I'm off :crack:

I was quoting Life Of Brian :reject:

Brian: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.
The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Sch!

<on the phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom