The Temple Bar - Doing 'It' 'Cos We Can!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

I got your little Stoked for Scotland emoticon your highness...is it Sir Beav from now on?

I like where you're coming from. But not just yet. I'm going in July. I'll still have to get supporters, usurp the current government, storm the various castles...hopefully by late August/early Sept. To go in as "Sir Beav" would be presumptions and might give the peasants a poor impression of me. As if they don't whine enough as it is now. "We're cold WAAAHHH, we're hungry WAAHHH, we have no money WAAAHHH." Ugh. It doesn't end.....you know what? Thinking about it now, I don't want to be king. These people are annoying the shit outta me already. I renounce my claims.

I will, however, take the north to use as I please. SNOWMOBILES! :drool:

The last couple of times I've had to usurp new lands I've found the "go in hard, lose the existing deadweight, work alongside the people so they see you are one of them, give them some carrots, a little bit of empowerment, but reign with a firm hand" approach has worked really well. I'll show you some of my battle plans if you change your mind. I do expect you leave my section of the north intact if you are turning your attentions northward. In exchange you can use any snowmobile tracks that cross my land.

Also, I want first dibs on all Alexander Keiths and LCBO inventory:drool:

snowbunny00774 said:
The last couple of times I've had to usurp new lands I've found the

"go in hard <--- check

, lose the existing deadweight <--- working on it. It's hard around the holidays, you know? And my wife is pregnant and she FINALLY is eating "good" food, so it's hard to drop those pounds. But I see what you mean. No one will surrender to the fat guy.

, work alongside the people so they see you are one of them, <---lol. I don't want to work. That's why I want to rule.

give them some carrots, <--- I love carrots. Good call.

a little bit of empowerment <--- No. That's all for me.

, but reign with a firm hand" <--- Damn skippy.

approach has worked really well. I'll show you some of my battle plans if you change your mind. <--- Bring them in March. I hope they come in those long tube things like the ones Greg lost at Disneyworld. I love those things.

I do expect you leave my section of the north intact if you are turning your attentions northward. <--- Toronto is in Ontario, right? You guys are harboring the criminal Darcy Tucker, so give him up and send him to, like, I dunno, some team that really sucks, and I will let you remain kinda/sorta independent. Just do what I say, and we're cool. Unlike Saskatchawn [sic] who's gonna catch it cause the name is so hard to spell. And really now, quite silly.

In exchange you can use any snowmobile tracks that cross my land. <--- Sweet.

Also, I want first dibs on all Alexander Keiths and LCBO inventory:drool: <--- OK. You can run the Ministry of Pale Ale and Liquor, MoPAaL

Great advice. This is gonna rock.

Damn I suck at invading territory's

I do draft incredible deposition questions so I'll do any enemy interrogating if it's needed

I also know how to get my hands on some sweet battle plan tubes :up:

I was really drunk one night and declared at a party that the Skatchen Riders were going to win the game the next day. It took a very clever person to figure out I meant the Saskatchewan Rough Riders. I think you should change the name altogether. You can have Tucker, but you're not getting Sundin :mad:

And I didn't say you had to keep working....just do it to create the illusion - once you have the buy in, you, the missus, and Baby Beav can kick back.

The plans do actually come in tubes...I'll bring them to the March meeting of Invaders Annon. I'm excited the NYC branch is putting on a parade for me when I come, I said they didn't have to but they are insisting. I'll bring some MoPAaL stock as a thank you :drool:

:wave:

Hey kat I have the 4/22/87 CD...crystal clear sound...is that what you're looking for?

Oops.. I have the 4/29/87 show...my bad. :tsk:

I might have the 4/22/87 maybe...when I get home I'll check my PC. I can't remember.

And snow if you had said "Skatchen Riders" to me, I'd have know exactly what you were talking about. :yes:

Beav...:shh:

Last edited:
redkat said:
Reggie that would be really cool :hyper:

Were you at that show?

I went to the 4/17/87 show...Good Friday, Joshua Tree had just gone Number 1...I was just old enough to drink. 'It' was wonderous...rapturous...a joyous concert. One of the top 3 I've ever seen.

I'll let you know.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Were you at that show?

I went to the 4/17/87 show...Good Friday, Joshua Tree had just gone Number 1...I was just old enough to drink. 'It' was wonderous...rapturous...a joyous concert. One of the top 3 I've ever seen.

I'll let you know.

I was far too young :wink:
I know someone that was there though and they were talking about the stand by me part of it and it sounded amazing. So I'd love that show.

Hello everyone! :wave:

I'm jealous of all who get to go to Ireland. I lived there in 2001, and absolutely loved it! :love: Some day I'll definitely have to go back. :up:

snowbunny00774 said:
I was really drunk one night and declared at a party that the Skatchen Riders were going to win the game the next day. It took a very clever person to figure out I meant the Saskatchewan Rough Riders. I think you should change the name altogether. You can have Tucker, but you're not getting Sundin :mad: <--- I don't need all of Tucker JUST HIS HEAD! Sundin can stay....for now. The Islanders might need him next season though, just be aware of that. And the Rough Riders are hereby known as the Buffalo Bills. And they play football in the NFL. HAHA. Let's see those fantasy football freaks deal with that.

The plans do actually come in tubes...I'll bring them to the March meeting of Invaders Annon. I'm excited the NYC branch is putting on a parade for me when I come, I said they didn't have to but they are insisting. I'll bring some MoPAaL stock as a thank you :drool: <--- They weren't going to have the parade this year, but we had a vote and decided since you were going to be in town, blah blah blah, how could we not? You know how we are. Anything to march in a unified direction chanting and pilagging as we go. Last year I found a great set of unused old school Air Jordan's. Never know what you're gonna find on a good pillage.

Kat - the torture angle - that's what I'm talking about. Your head is in this. Keep it up.

Doozer seems to be setting up position as a sniper.

Hey...Don't be messing with my Bills :madwife:

I appreciate a good chant on a pillaging march. The AJ's were a great find...I'm hoping for some Tiffany items myself :drool:

Kat's head is always in the game...Does she get a title too?

You're in luck. There's a Tiffany's on 5th Ave somewhere. We can always redirected the parade route. It's not like pillaging needs to stick to a straight line.

Kat is lead council, battle plan tube forewoman and lead torturer, or LCBPTFALT for short. That's pronounced Lick Bee Pee Teef Alt.

UberBeaver said:
You're in luck. There's a Tiffany's on 5th Ave somewhere. We can always redirected the parade route. It's not like pillaging needs to stick to a straight line.

Kat is lead council, battle plan tube forewoman and lead torturer, or LCBPTFALT for short. That's pronounced Lick Bee Pee Teef Alt.

Oooooh I like this. I wanna Tiffany's necklace with LCBPTFALT on it :drool:

Dooz you have some sort of sophisticated alert system set up don't ya?

ah fuck! I was getting chinese food, they played the song

it's sold out

I can get a pair of tix on ebay for $550-$1000 though. Looks like they fooled the scalpers

Back
Top Bottom