The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:
:tsk:

Terrible.

If you mean the Phillies, I agree.

If you mean my predictions, they're based on two things:

1. The hotter team.
2. The better pitching.

phanan said:
In the immortal words of Denis Leary, I'm so glad we have a Jewish first baseman.

I happened to see that game LIVE last year. I could not stop laughing, and still can't when I re-watch it. Also, I'm a MOT as well, so I'm proud of Youkilis.

speedracer said:
Back when I was living in Boston, the 2004 ALCS Games 4 and 5 killed me, and they allegedly started at 8 pm and 5 pm respectively.
And I attended game 5, with SRO tix, which I went into the park as soon as the gates opened (3:30 if I recall) to secure a primo spot which we had staked out when game 3 got rained out (the game 3 tix became game 5 tix). My feet were killing me by the 14th inning...but so worth it.

This TBS broadcast sucks - the sound is low, they're late coming back to innings. I suppose it can only get better, but it's been awful so far.

Well, that Josh Beckett can pitch a little bit :)

Lackey really sacked up, he looked like he'd be out very early but settled down and pitched OK - let's hope that doesn't boost his confidence in a possible game 4 start.

randhail said:
This TBS broadcast sucks - the sound is low, they're late coming back to innings. I suppose it can only get better, but it's been awful so far.

During the Phillies game the sound was ahead of the action, so you'd hear the ball hit the glove before it reached the plate. Annoying as hell.

phillyfan26 said:

During the Phillies game the sound was ahead of the action, so you'd hear the ball hit the glove before it reached the plate. Annoying as hell.

Rig up a couple speakers and position them about 1000 feet away from the TV. Problem solved.

CTU2fan said:

Rumor has it he has a job waiting for him in Seattle if he wants it, along with Tony LaRussa.

I heard this same rumor tonight from two Cards fans on my flight home from Minneapolis! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom