The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how far this is dragging, ties up on the last day of the season, one game playoff, and now into the 12th inning. Despite a seemingly mediocre baseball season, something this exciting hasn't happened for awhile.

powerhour24 said:
a seemingly mediocre baseball season

:scratch:

You're either a Mets fan or you've been watching the Pacific Coast League without knowing it.

I hope they go to 25 and blow out the arms of both bullpens. :drool:

Geez, talk about blowing it.

Don't think the Rox are gonna get 2 more in the bottom half...

I can finally go to bed! :yawn:

phanan said:
I guess there was a reason for saving Hoffman.

Yes, the winner plays the Phillies.

Pretty sure this wasn't it though.

I think he did, actually. The camera angle from behind the plate makes it look like his hand hits Barret's cleat, then passes on over the plate. From the OF camera, it totally looks like he missed it, though.

phanan said:

Yeah, his hand never made it.

Disagree....the behind the plate angle looks like his hand, after hitting the catcher's cleat touches the plate. If I'm a Padres fan, I'm pissed that my closer got lit up, not some bang-bang call that looks inconclusive, at best, to me.

No spoken words said:

Disagree....the behind the plate angle looks like his hand, after hitting the catcher's cleat touches the plate. If I'm a Padres fan, I'm pissed that my closer got lit up, not some bang-bang call that looks inconclusive, at best, to me.

I don't know how you can see that. There's no way it touched the plate.

But you're right - doesn't matter anyway. Their closer blew it.

ETA: Just noticed your latest post...

Well, it was a shitty end to the game, but bring on the Rockies...Howard's going to feast on the mile-high air.

I'd be shitting bricks right now if I was a Friars fan...wow...

Yeah, I think Holliday probably won't remember the slide anyway since his head smashed into the ground. I'm sure he'll be ok though.

That umpire needed to either stick with the no call or do it right away.

maybe he was gambling on this game or something. :ohmy:

Got Philk? said:
maybe he was gambling on this game or something. :ohmy:

It's a sad commentary on the state of sports today when that's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the umpire hesitate to make the call ( I don't think his hand touched the plate either).

Overall, great game, and while I'm not the biggest baseball fan, I love the playoffs—I try not to miss any games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom