The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
I wonder what is wrong with Billy Wagner...Mets had a 9th inning lead and he was not even in the pen.

"Unavailable" was all they were saying on television. They implied he's hurt but didn't mention anything specific.

Now if only the Padres would lose a game (or three) :up:

I was listening to the Met's telecast on SNY so was hoping for something a little more concrete than speculation.

I'd so much rather see the Phils pass the Mets and the Mets not make the playoffs than the padres not making it (sorry Headache).

If they're like Chris Wheeler, he was unavailable because he had to park farther from the stadium today and walked a longer distance to the stadium, tiring him out.

I love how he gets nervous whenever a pitcher runs a ground ball out, and then obsesses over the next guys taking pitches to give him "rest."

It's not like they're professional athletes or something.

No spoken words said:
I was listening to the Met's telecast on SNY so was hoping for something a little more concrete than speculation.

Yeah, that's what I was watching. They finished out the Braves-Brewers game and switched to Mets-Marlins for the 9th...we both heard the same thing.

Best night's sleep I had since last Thursday...

You realize with all the injuries they're starting the PawSox tonight against Kazmir...too bad Mirabelli's injured, he could DH & bat cleanup.

NSW I'm hoping the Phils pass the Pads and the Mets still make it...we can bust out the Anchorman stuff again :)

Fair weather MLB thread posters

Hmmm.

I wonder what happened to those Mariners fans that used to post in here?

:hmm:

That and all those Cardinals fans?

I only remember one actual Cards fan, and he hasn't been around for a while in general, but I see what you mean about the Mariners fans...:hmm:

DaveC said:
I only remember one actual Cards fan, and he hasn't been around for a while in general, but I see what you mean about the Mariners fans...:hmm:
We had 2 very serious Cards fans. One is around, though busy fighting El Guapo with Ned and Lucky.

Haven't seen our other Cards fan in some time.

How does a bullpen that's dominant all year turn so horseshit? It's like when Gagne showed up he was carrying a virus.

Actually I think it's as simple as Okajima stopped being historically good, but still...it's like everybody is crapping the bed lately.

Phils are looking pretty dangerous right now, I like their chances to pass San Diego and I think they'd beat the baby Backs in the first round. An NLCS of Phils/Cubs or Phils/Mets, either would be fun.

Why the fuck is Charlie Manuel taking out a 23-year old ace starting pitcher who's well rested from the disabled list in the fifth inning of a game with an exhausted bullpen? The only reason he was on the DL was because of soreness! That mean's he's rested now! 80 pitches?

Alfonseca gives up a run and leaves em loaded for Geary who plunks the next run in. Fuck Charlie Manuel.

phillyfan26 said:
Why the fuck is Charlie Manuel taking out a 23-year old ace starting pitcher who's well rested from the disabled list in the fifth inning of a game with an exhausted bullpen? The only reason he was on the DL was because of soreness! That mean's he's rested now! 80 pitches?

Alfonseca gives up a run and leaves em loaded for Geary who plunks the next run in. Fuck Charlie Manuel.

Jesus.

This makes me glad I didn't pay attention to the game today.

ETA: Mets win, but Colorado's got a 4-run lead on San Diego right now.

And congrats to your AL Central champion Cleveland Indians and AL West champion LA Angels (if they hold on).

Last edited:
I'm more afraid of the Rockies than the Padres at this point.

Manuel made me even angrier by using Lohse in the 7th. WHY NOT IN THE SIXTH!? Lohse should have pitched three if you HAD to take Hamels out (you didn't). So much about that game he fucked up. Congrats, Phils, on blowing it again with a dipshit captaining your time. I'm gonna pour ice cold water on myself for a while.

Come on Phils..you can catch the Pads....they are choking now...

Oh, and did I say "3 1/2 up" yet?? I didn't?? well...check this...

CUBS UP 3 1/2 !!!!!!!

Got Philk? said:
Go Cubs Goooooooo!
Go Cubs Gooooo!
Hey Chicago what do you say
"Cubs are gonna win today"
ahem....

On to the Braves chant. Oooooooooh oooh oooooooooh.
Oooooooh. oooo ooooooooooooooh. Oooooooooooooo oh ooooooooooooooh.
:wink:

I'm with ya, man! So cool! :happy:

Wow, Meltdown Bradley. Did he even throw his bat at the plate ump after the K? If he didn't that first base ump is a douchebag...actually he's kind of a douche even if Milton did throw the bat. But Milt is screwed...and I think I saw him try to kick the guy when the first base coach was holding him back.

If he's suspended, and Cameron is injured, they're screwed...I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom