The Sopranos: The Final Season - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #196
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:32 PM
somehow, i think Tony is going to betray his family for his "other" family, and wind up losing both and having to live with it.

that's my vague prediction.

you decide which family is which.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #197
Refugee

Local Time: 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

Yeah. Me too. That was kind of disappointing.

And gosh, there are few things more dull than watching someone be on drugs while you're completely sober.

I thought he yelled "I did it!" at the end, but whether it was a confession into nothingness, or an exclamation along the lines of "I finally got him out of my life," I couldn't decide.

I have a friend who's theorizing that this whole season is Tony still in a gunshot-induced coma. I dunno about that, but with two episodes in a row featuring "Comfortably Numb," it does make me wonder if all is not what it seems.
Very interesting theory!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #198
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Tony shouted "I get it!" for sure.

I'm glad Tony killed Chrissy. Chris was just flat out a big fuckin' asshole. Way bigger than Tony could ever be. Chris's behavior affected business and it was time for his termination.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Chris's behavior affected business and it was time for his termination.

the more i think about it -- on the surface -- Tony's reason for killing Christopher, like everything else, was a business decision. he knew Christopher was high when he was driving, and Christopher admitted this when he said he'd fail a drug test (for cocaine, ironically the drug that Adrianna was allowing to be sold in her club that the Feds used to trap her).

i think the first episode was meant to set up Tony's vulnerability when he lost the fight to Bobby, and he's growing ever more paranoid about the precariousness of his position.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 PM   #200
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:32 AM
I read a good column about Tony wanting to protect "the innocents."

The baby ducks?
Joey Pants (sorry, forgot his character's name) and Pie-O-My?
Joey Pants and his stripper girlfriend?

I think Tony killed Christopher for other reasons, primarily. But he kept going back to the crushed car seat as almost a justification. I think some part of him thought killing Christopher was the right thing to do, to protect the baby from future harm.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #201
Refugee

Local Time: 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

I still say Janice's baby goes in the lake
Ok, so i watched the episode again last night and it occured to me... What if the asbestos was dumped in the same lake that Janice's baby will be playing in? I know it's a stretch and there's plenty of lakes in NJ/NY. But with only 3 episodes left, why are they introducing this asbestos story just now?

Also, I keep wondering how these terrorists are gonna come into play. Maybe they will blow up the Bing?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #202
Blue Crack Distributor

Anyone see Michael Imperioli on Letterman last night?

Was that Tony Sirico bashing the tape with the baseball bat?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #203
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I think Tony killed Christopher for other reasons, primarily. But he kept going back to the crushed car seat as almost a justification. I think some part of him thought killing Christopher was the right thing to do, to protect the baby from future harm.

agreed. there was something of thinking of Christopher as an unfit father, that he would drive around high on drugs with his baby in the backseat -- perhaps this is the function that Janice's baby is to perform, to show what bad parents all these people are -- and if he's that irresponsible with his daughter, then he's a danger to everyone.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #204
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I'm bummed I missed this. Can somebody post a clip if they find one?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
[B]

Ok, so i watched the episode again last night and it occured to me... What if the asbestos was dumped in the same lake that Janice's baby will be playing in? I know it's a stretch and there's plenty of lakes in NJ/NY. But with only 3 episodes left, why are they introducing this asbestos story just now?
the lake they went to in the first episode was up near the Canadian border; the lake they dumped the asbestos in is to the south and east of New York City -- you see the area if you take the Jersey Turnpike into the city.

my guess is the asbestos is like a dead body -- it never stays buried, it comes back to haunt you, either in a very real sense (remember the body they found in the 2nd episode this season, the guy who was Tony's first kill, i think) or in a more metaphoric sense (Adriana still looms over every interaction between Christopher and Tony, as well as occasionally between Tony and Carmella). it must be awful knowing where the bodies are buried.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #206
Refugee

^^ That makes sense. I'm not really familiar with the NY/NJ area, so i figured my theory was a stretch, but I couldn't help but remember that comment on these boards when I saw the lake last night and wondering how it will all tie together. (not that it will all be tied together) It probably will end up with a lot of loose ends, as real life does.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #207
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 10:32 AM
I thought maybe the asbestos in the lake would lead to a major clean up as in draining the lake and finding a body (or bodies) possibly even Adriana?
Old 05-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #208
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I thought maybe the asbestos in the lake would lead to a major clean up as in draining the lake and finding a body (or bodies) possibly even Adriana?
Oooh, good thought! I definitely think the truth about Adriana has to come out this season! And hopefully it will lead to Carmella finally leaving Tony!
Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #209
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

yes I saw this.....I watched pretty closely and I am pretty sure it was not Paulie.....I thought it was at first...but then realized it was just a look alike
Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #210
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Also, I was fairly sure that Tony said "I did it" at the end otf the episode.....he was high, and had wanted to tell someone he had done it I think....and finally felt free enough to scream it out....

that was the most beautiful cinematography in that last scene...it was shot in the most extraordinarily beautiful light...I felt I was right there too