The Sopranos, Season 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calluna said:
I have a feeling that Carmela is going to put two and two together very soon and realize that Tony is indirectly responsible for the deaths of Adriana, Jackie Jr., and Vito. Then the shit is really going to hit the fan!

Yep. But where can she go with that realization? He won't divorce her, and she might realize that pretty much anyone who threatens "business" is dispensable. But it's always juicy when Carmella gets pissed.

i :heart: Carmela.

even though she's as guilty as any of them.

anyone remember the shot i think at the end of one of the Season 4 shows where she has a very quick flashback while she's in the driveway and she's suddenly 15 years younger and a very young AJ zips past her on a bicycle and she screams "wait" or something and her hair is pulled back in a ponytail and she has a little heart locket around her neck, precisely the same locket that Tony mocked her over during their big blow-out at the end of Season 4 telling her that they both knew she'd never be satisfied with working class Jersey life and a little heart shaped necklace or something?

gives me chills. only The Sopranos, at it's best, can give you moments like that.

I don't remember that scene but I didn't watch it religiously that season for some reason. I used to only watch it because it came on before (or after?) Six Feet Under and it actually took me awhile to get hooked. I was in and out of it for a few seasons. :coocoo:

But she is putting the pieces together, at the same time that she's going off to Paris with a wad of cash. Tony's probably right. I don't see her giving up her lifestyle over a moral quandary but you never know.

Anybody get a load of how much cash was in that purse? My friend paused it and he said it was like $15 grand but I couldn't tell.

I love Carmella, too. I love how articulate she becomes with the white heat of anger, which is why it's going to get very juicy when she connects the dots.

joyfulgirl said:
I love Carmella, too. I love how articulate she becomes with the white heat of anger, which is why it's going to get very juicy when she connects the dots.

i loved it when she asked Meadow what she had been doing all summer, and Meadow said she had been sitting by the pool, reading "the Canon of Western Literature," and Carmela asked if Mary Higgins Clark was part of said Canon because that's all she saw Meadow read.

Irvine511 said:

i loved it when she asked Meadow what she had been doing all summer, and Meadow said she had been sitting by the pool, reading "the Canon of Western Literature," and Carmela asked if Mary Higgins Clark was part of said Canon because that's all she saw Meadow read.

:giggle:

is anyone else completely perplexed as to just how they are going to wrap everything up?

seems like there are still so many balls up in the air.

Irvine511 said:
is anyone else completely perplexed as to just how they are going to wrap everything up?

seems like there are still so many balls up in the air.

They won't wrap it up. They'll just leave us with a cliffhanger for the summer. :mad:

that's sort of what i'm talking about -- i know we'll get a cliffhanger to keep us through 2007, but even with 9 total episodes to go, i don't know how everything can be pulled together. there's so much going on, and i think i was a little bit disappointed with how much Season 6 has been like the other seasons, following the same general story arc and ending with the second-to-last episode of the season whacking.

Oh, I get it.

Well let's see. Tony either gets killed or goes to jail, and Carmella moves to Paris.

How's that for starters, lol?

I think Carmela is going to sell her soul to the devil and get fully involved with the business. She is so envious of Angie Bompensiero running her body shop and calling her own shots, I think she's going to ask Tony to set her up in some kind of business.

I've heard some spoilers that say Christoper is going to piss Tony off in a big way and my guess is it involves Julianna the real estate lady.

AJ...I don't know. He'll probably end up in the business in some way or another.

And I agree with April that we're going to see some big time shock killings before it's totally over.

I thought there were 2 more shows left this season and I just read in the paper that tonight is the last one. :sad:

no spoilers

this is from msnbc

While this season was supposed to be "The Sopranos" last, creator David Chase found that he had a few more stories still to tell. So, like "Sex and the City" before it, HBO is bringing it back for a final, eight-episode run early next year. Until then, tide yourself over with tonight's sure-to-be-dramatic season finale. Patriarch and conflicted goomba Tony (James Gandolfini) gets Carmela's (Edie Falco) career back on track, while Chris (Michael Imperioli) picks up where Tony recently left off. In other news, sometime troublemaker AJ (Robert Iler) gets a new perk at his job, and Phil (Frank Vincent) won't let well enough alone.

really?

i thought it was one of the best episodes of the season -- very tense, great plot development, great writing, and i made it a point to put "moonlight mile" on my iPod.

it was one of those episodes where each scene reveals another layer of complication and thwarts expectations (i kept waiting for a cheap hit on Christopher, and none came, though i think he's marked).

i was very happy.

Ditto about Christopher I was waiting for that. It was eh for a finale now we only have to wait 9 more months for the wrap up :happy:

Back
Top Bottom