The Simpsons Movie Hype Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH MY GOD!!!!

amazing movie, really, I couldn't "sop" laughing

well, yes, after the first 30 minutes, it kinda goes downhill, but just because it gets more serious.... I mean, the firts 30 minutes are NON STOP LAUGHING... unbelievable, from Spider Pig, to Wiggum, to the naked skateboarding when you get the BEST JOKE from Ralph Wiggum (God, what a BLESS is that character, really)

the plot is simple, Homer screws up, big time, and Springfield gets doomed because of it... nothing out of the ordinary...

well, I really wished the end would've been a little longer, I mean, the after-end, like when the plot finally finishes, but the movie doesn't... (steady... steady... steady...)

the thing with this movie is that you REALLY get to LIKE Ned Flanders, because Homer is just too damn stupid sometimes.

The Irish kid and the Bono joke is fun, but it doesn't get too much time... because the plot gets to 3 things: Homer dooms Springfield, Marge doesn't trust him anymore, and Bart tends to hate Homer. The Lisa storyline just makes it for like 5 minutes adding it all up.

It has LOTS of wink for the avid fan, like when I saw the Jebediah Srpingfield musseum guy, the Bart slingshot returns, Barney in AA, Mr Burns's dogs (they should've throw bees though their mouths ), and quite frankly, the BEST THING is when you get to Springfield Gorge... that's when your heart cries out, because you see that this movie WAS MADE FOR YOU... at least that's what I felt.

Characters that should've used more time: MOE (Moe rules), Smithers, Skinner (he almost isn't there), SNAKES (I never saw him), and maybe, maybe Gunther

Characters that shined: COMIC BOOK GUY (you just can't help but love that guy), FLANDERS, MOE (the lights going out part is hystericall), CHIEF WIGGUM (great and effective), President Schwarzeneger (I was elected to LEAD, not to READ!) , and really, RALPH WIGGUM (he makes just 2 apearences, but that's enough because of the LMAO factor)

oh, yeah, this movie WILL raise some eyebrows, because you see thing you didn't expect, yet were waiting to see, in at least 3 characters: Bart, Homer, and Otto (oh yeah)

in the end, it's a real family movie, because of the theme... you'll get it at the end

major props to Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer... wait for the credits to see what I mean

in fact, stay for the end of the credits, you Film School students will love it, the French too... and let's just say this... sequel?

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE **** (4/5) - just for the laughing factor, Ralph, and Springfield Gorge

Last edited:
Edgette said:
I went out to the "Kwik E Mart" the other day and took a few pictures. If anyone's interested, you can check them out -

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=65367993

We're going to see the one in Orlando tomorrow :). Going to see the movie too of course.

Edgette, I had a bit of a problem viewing the pictures on myspace. Myspace tried to send me a virus :yikes:. Norton caught it but I just wanted to let you know in case you have any problems with it.

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:
It was pretty good.

Just pretty good.

Agreed. I expected more. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments but Rick and I both dozed off during some not so funny parts.

It think my favorite part may have been hearing Marge cuss :wink:

pepokiss said:

It has LOTS of wink for the avid fan, like when I saw the Jebediah Srpingfield musseum guy, the Bart slingshot returns, Barney in AA, Mr Burns's dogs (they should've throw bees though their mouths ), and quite frankly, the BEST THING is when you get to Springfield Gorge... that's when your heart cries out, because you see that this movie WAS MADE FOR YOU... at least that's what I felt.
I feel the same way. :up: The Gorge moment wtfpwned me, made my day. Good stuff :love:

yep yep the gorge was super cool !!!!!
i thought it could have been slightly edgier and alot of the australian audience didnt get some of the jokes... but i really enjoyed it and would happily go again
i was just so , sounds weird, but proud to finally see them up on the big screen . :heart:

kellyahern said:

We're going to see the one in Orlando tomorrow :). Going to see the movie too of course.

Edgette, I had a bit of a problem viewing the pictures on myspace. Myspace tried to send me a virus :yikes:. Norton caught it but I just wanted to let you know in case you have any problems with it.

Ack! I'm sorry about that Kelly. I have no idea what happened.

How was the Kwik E Mart?

That's okay. I think there's something going on with myspace and viruses because we also got a warning at work about it.

Orlando Kwik E Mart pics:

DSCN1135.jpg

DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1137.jpg

I saw it this morning. I laughed a lot, and that's all I wanted from the movie. Thumbs up from me!

I saw it last night and laughed particularly hard at what Bart was writing on the chalkboard as I was watching it at home.

:shifty:

Not to mention the naughty bits. I think I will go see it again at the theatre in all it's big screen glory plus to see all the jokes I probably missed in the background. There is a ton of detail in the animation.

Hmm, I thought it wild be 1000 times better, I mean there were a few funny parts,

homer flicking people off
I guess it was surprising in a way that we saw bart, but it would of been 100 times funnier if they made that part dirtier, not a little animation thing...

I guess I'm just used to seeing South Park and watching something like Team America, Borat, etc. its hard for me to laugh because I'm so used to watching people take things to a whole new other level of dirty/funnyness..

The plot sucked any way..

2 stars

tpsreports2424 said:
I guess it was surprising in a way that we saw bart, but it would of been 100 times funnier if they made that part dirtier, not a little animation thing...

There was a good quote from someone involved with the movie about how Bart's penis was a joke about surprise, not a joke about Bart's penis. And he's right!

I'm glad they didn't go for the gratuitious things like extra swearing, extra violence, whatever. That works for South Park, because that's the kind of show South Park is. It's naughty and dirty and all that good stuff. The Simpsons isn't.

That being said, I loved Marge yelling "Somebody throw the goddamn bomb!!!"

Well, I didnt mean it as Bart's penis is a joke, i meant it as if they went with it, it would of been funnier and im not saying that i should of been more specific about south park because I wasn't talking about the swearing or the violence, just talking about taking another step up.

Like for an example, Family Guy. They managed to make a movie (didnt go in theaters) but managed to be funny, even if there wasnt a lot of violence or swearing, but yet, they took it the extra level to be funny, i hope you get what im saying...

That was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Honestly, I haven't seen a funnier 45 minutes of cinema in years. The first half is pure joy for any Simpsons fan, and I was cheering them on inside. One great joke after another...I haven't seen anything like it since season 8 or earlier.

..........And then the plot kicked in.

The second half was also great, but the ending was cliched and tacked on. It's amazing how a film could end so average (still better than the show though) after such a glorious, triumphant beginning. The jokes keep that half afloat though, and that's good enough for me, even at my most critical.

Some of the jokes were a bit stale and too trademark Simpsons, but even those were still ridiculously funny and miles ahead of what's on TV these days.

88 minutes of ass-kicking awesomeness.

8.5/10

The first 30 minutes of the movie were hilarious. It dragged in the middle, then picked up again in the final third. (And yes, stay through the closing credits.)

I loved spider pig and "Not Bono." And about a hundred other things. :lmao:

I'm sure I missed at least a few sight gags (like the ambulance in the gorge). I'm considering seeing it again this weekend or next week.

Back
Top Bottom