The Reindeer Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone ever heard them? I heard the song "You Are My Joy" on a tv show and I thought it was Snow Patrol, then I found out about this group. The song I heard was Gary from Snow Patrol on vocals and it said that the group is a bunch of Scottish (I think?) musicians. I'm wondering if I should pick up an album, and if so, which one?

Weren't a few members of Idlewild involved in this? They were on a list of artists I wanted to check out years ago, but I seemed to have forgotten about them.

What kind of music would you describe them as? What artists make similar sounds? I believe I remember seeing them related to Belle and Sebastian in sound, is that accurate?

Aidan Moffat from Arab Strap also takes a turn on lead vocals. It's mostly a toned down, somber record with a few upbeat tunes like previously mentioned Cartwheels and You are My Joy.

barlowdog said:
Get Son of Evil Reindeer. Gorgeous record, no duds imo.

Thanks, I'll check it out! :up:

u2popmofo said:

What kind of music would you describe them as? What artists make similar sounds? I believe I remember seeing them related to Belle and Sebastian in sound, is that accurate?

The only song I've heard is You Are My Joy :love: It sounded Snow Patrol-ish to me, but I haven't heard anything else.

Back
Top Bottom