The Real Cancun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
ok, this is my first thread in LS and i am actually surprised that i have not seen one post about this new movie. anyway, i have been reading the reviews of this movie and watching the interviews on tv with the students that were selected to participate in this film and i feel like such a prude and an old person now. lol

when i went to Panama City for Spring Break from 1991-1995 i never saw half of the stuff that the students are now doing on spring break. the most shocking thing i saw was a wet t-shirt contest and a wet boxer contest. :lol: anyway, i guess this is for those who are still in college and who go on spring break now. is it really a massive orgy like it is being protrayed on E!, MTV and now the movies?

*goes off to sit in my rocker chair*

Last edited:
It's about as "real" as "Real World," meaning it isn't "real" at all.

Melon

I've never been to spring break, but my guess is that they find the skankiest people in the whole city and put them in the film. I'm sure it's not an accurate portrayal of what it is like for the average college student.

I wouldn't worry too much about this film. It opened a paltry 10th place, after the Michael & Kirk Douglas flop, "It Runs in the Family." While invading television, I don't imagine that reality films will take over cinema with figures like that.

Melon

I was actually thinking about making a post about this movie, but I guess you beat me too it :lol:

I've never been to spring break either when I was in college, but I have no intention or desire to see this movie.

So reality tv has hit the big screens now? :tsk: :down:

couldn't afford to go anywhere this year, won't be able to afford to go anywhere for the next few years that i'l be in college, and i don't want to anyway--don't like warm sunny places with sand and gross half naked people. because the only people you actually see when at one of these places in real life are the people who shouldn't be walking around with their guys hanging out of their bikinis and over theirspeedos :barf:

i didn't even know this movie existed.

I never went anywhere on spring break. I didn't want to spend the money for any trips like that.

who would go pay to watch this movie when you can just turn it on mtv and watch that crap for free?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:shocked:

wow i am really surprised at all who haven't been on spring break.

I'd rather go to the beach or Cancun or any of the places spring breakers go when it's not spring break or during off-season anyway...it's a lot nicer when the crowds aren't there :yes:

Well, I went to Panama City, Florida (supposedly spring break capital) for spring break...but it wasn't really a spring break, it was a family vacation....

There was alot of debachery going on at night. The streets were lined with drunk students. The tattoo and piercing shops had huge lines. Guys had beads hanging off their side mirrors to throw to the girls. Couples were making out in alleyways. And my sister, as we drove by one motel said "OH MY GOD! I can't believe what I just saw in that open doorway!!" (She never did say what it was. :eyebrow:)

And it seemed like everyone (male and female) was incredibly attractive and perfect. :reject: I know I felt like a huge geek, especially being there with my family. :huh: They were all there on their parents credit cards though...and you'd overhear "My parents don't even know where I am" which is an incredibly scary thought.

It was a place I wouldn't mind going with some friend for a break, because the beaches and shops were alot of fun and it was a safe town. But it would sicken me to be part of that crowd. :no:

you are just angry because you were not picked to be the lead male whore

um, yes i was. be sure to look for me in the movie, im the guy with his shirt off.

and you are just mad that you werent picked to be the lead slutface. :tongue:

being a slutface is an ageless phenomenom

yet i suppose you are too old to be the lead one

avsgirl what year were you in PCBeach?

when i was there in the early 90's, again the worst thing i saw was a wet t-shirt and boxer contest. no nudity. no sex, not to say there weren't any hook-ups :shifty:, plenty of under age drinking *again not that i know anything about this* :shifty: lol. but sex was not something that was ever seen at least not by me or my friends. lol i have plenty of video tapes from my spring break and pics that i took and the worst you would see is either one of my friends or i with a beer and hugging or kissing a guy. :ohmy: ;) but no bed hopping! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom