The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly the motivation for the tour is strictly cash...which is OK if you get what you pay for, but when auctions are involved, you're gonna pay a lot and I doubt they'll deliver your money's worth in that case.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
will the roadies be members of the geek squad?

Rocco, U2's stage manager, is the stage manager for The Police tour, Arthur Fogul, U2's tour promoter is promoting The Police tour. Essentially, U2's crew will be going from the Vertigo Tour to The Police tour.

fah said:

Yes, happy but poor...

The total cost is $479

$225 x 2 (tickets)
$2 x 2 (facility charge)
$11.25 x 2 (convenience charge)
$2.50 (order processing fee)

I need an overtime shift :shifty:

Congrats, your the first person at interference it appears to have purchased tickets for the new Police tour! Last Police show in Vancouver was on August 31, 1983.

fah said:
OMG....

I got tickets

I kind of messed up...

I wanted to get the $90 tickets...

But I ended up with floor seats, Row 12

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cool I feel theres hope for the general onsale :wink:

Congratulations Fah :applaud: Now just buy some cheap tix on the general sale, and sell your floor seats to the highest bidder & make out like a bandit :whistle:

Lila64 said:
Congratulations Fah :applaud: Now just buy some cheap tix on the general sale, and sell your floor seats to the highest bidder & make out like a bandit :whistle:

heh, no kidding. Have you seen the prices people are asking on ebay? :yikes: Out of all the notices, I counted only 2 or 3 that were under $1,000.

Of course, most of them have no bidders at the moment. I wonder how much the prices will drop after the general sale?

Well done fah on getting tickets.
I'm officially getting excited now. I saw them play a couple of times around 1980/81 and never thought I'd get the chance to see them again. I haven't seen anything announced yet for outside North America. Has anyone heard when/where they'll be playing in the UK?

The Police message board only has about 1,000 posts so far on it, with about half of that coming from the members only section. I would have thought it would be higher, but then again, the average age of a Police fan who saw them in concert back in the day is 45, and less likely to be very engaged with the internet to the degree that a 15, 20, or 30 year old would be.

Browsing another board, I found out that I'm among a group of early thirtysomething women who find Stewart Copeland quite attractive :sexywink:.

Seriously, I think there are a lot of people in their late 20s/early 30s who remember The Police from Mtv and on the radio, but never got to go see them in concert because they broke up before these fans could go to concerts. Which sucked. Until now :dancing:.

Last edited:
martha said:

:mad:

Although it's true.

Still :mad:

Its just the nature of new technology and gadgets. Its always easier for the younger crowd to adopt it.

kellyahern said:
Browsing another board, I found out that I'm among a group of early thirtysomething women who find Stewart Copeland quite attractive :sexywink:.

Seriously, I think there are a lot of people in their late 20s/early 30s who remember The Police from Mtv and on the radio, but never got to go see them in concert because they broke up before these fans could go to concerts. Which sucked. Until now :dancing:.

So you would go for Stew over Sting? What about Andy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom