The Police reuniting for tour in '07 ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
STING2 said:

If that allotment of tickets is correct, then the average price of tickets would be 121 dollars a ticket. An Arena show with those prices and numbers of tickets would produce a gross of $2,554,999.

For the average ticket price to be below $100 dollars for a North America Arena you would need a price distribution like this: 2,000 - $50 tickets, 17,000 - $90 tickets and 2,000 $225 tickets. That would be an average ticket price of $99.

In that situation, the floor and only the floor with be the $225 ticket range. All other tickets would be $90 dollars, except the 2nd level behind the stage which would be $50. This is actually probably how its going to be done.
I doubt $225 will be floor only in arenas. The lowers from the stage to about center ice will definitely be $225 as well. Some opposite end balconies will probably be $50 as well as the rear balconies.
The sections at the rear of the floor may be $90.
But I guarantee that at least the closet 3 sections of lowers on each side will be $225.
So using the TDBanknorth Garden for reference (I know they aren't playing here, but I know the arena well, so it works for example):

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/8337/16495

Expect $225 seats to be floors A, B, C, D, E and F and loges 21, 22, 1, 12, 13 and 14 along with associated clubs (yellow sections).

For $90, floors G H and J (though they might be $225), Loges 2 through 11 plus 15 through 20( assuming they sell 360 degrees), and bacony 329 down to 305 and 312 to 318.

$50 likely will be balcony 306-311 and 319 to 328 (though 306, 307, 310 and 311 might be $90).

Last edited:
Yesterday's confirmation of the Police reuinion was the best news i've heard in a long while. I hope they announce the UK dates soon. Facing another ticket buying chaos situation though i'm not looking forward to.

Good luck everyone who wants tickets!!!!

Hewson said:
Once i found out about the Best Buy sponsorship, I logged on to www.myrewardzone.com and there was a link for members to choose a show and get a code.
Its a specific code like U2.com, one use only, not a general code like some presales have.

While I frequent Best Buy, I apparently never bothered to do the Rewards program, despite all the mail they send me about it.

I'll be curious to see what you come up with for Fenway - I'm sure you'll at least look into it.

I plan to at least see what pops.
My experience with presales is often they use them to dump mediocre seats anyway, but people will jump on them thinking its the best they're gonna see, which is not always the case.

phanan said:

While I frequent Best Buy, I apparently never bothered to do the Rewards program, despite all the mail they send me about it.

The program is free now, so you should do it, no cost, potential of some benefit.
When I signed up it was $9.99, but I was buying a stove, fridge and dishwasher for a kitchen remodel, so it made sense to spend the 10 bucks cause I got $45 worth of certificates based on what I was spending.
When they changed the program to free they sent out $10 certificates for those who had paid for memberships previously.

I have a strong sense that the Best Buy presale seats won't be anything as good as the ones you can get if you buy the $100 Police fan club membership.
$ting
$tewart
$ummer$.
:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
How could you guys stand to wait for a drop? If it's someone like Bruce, U2, etc. I need to know I have tickets the day they go onsale. I couldn't chance it. I'm too obesessive compulsive not to. :crack:

I still get tickets, but if a drop comes along, they'll usually be awesome seats, and then I'll just sell my other tickets to someone else who was totally shut out.

I just finally caught up with this thread and the news...etc. I thought previously that the reward zone cost money and another poster confirmed that. I didn't end up joining until this past November I think when I found out it was free. hoping this whole presale thing isn't another U2 fiasco waiting to happen. Anxious to find out when the Chicago date is. normally if I can't get tickets to a show right away (even U2), I wait until closer to the show when tickets pop up. I did that even during Vertigo. Got lucky that way with Bruce as well. Nothing is ever truly sold out--at least that's my motto, but it stinks to gamble like that with shows you really want to go to!!!

martha said:

And then I'd be all :crack: until my extra seats were sold.

:reject:

:lol: I guess it depends on who it is. If it's Bruce or U2, you don't have to worry about getting rid of your tix.

In this case, we don't really know how well The Police will do. It's been over 20 years, so who knows...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
How could you guys stand to wait for a drop? If it's someone like Bruce, U2, etc. I need to know I have tickets the day they go onsale. I couldn't chance it. I'm too obesessive compulsive not to. :crack:
With some shows I won't buy until/unless I see the type seat I want.
Its a gamble, but I usually get something

biting.gif

How did anyone not think this is the biggest tour of the year?
Not looking forward to getting tix when they announce the L.A. date(s).

And that auction is insane. So they don't even release great seats and hold them back for auction so THEY (TM, band...) can make that much more money.
biting.gif
Will there ever be great seats released to the public? Oh, and one more thing

biting.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom