The Ouagadougou Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
I'm not named after anyone. My parents intentionally wanted me and my brothers to have original names. All of our middle names are dedications though. My middle name is my father's first name.

I had a friend whose middle name was dedicated to an uncle or something. He hated it. "Man why do I get stuck with someone else's name?"

phillyfan26 said:

Where does the name come from?

(And there's no way I will not call you that if I ever meet you, by the way.)

Axver is the last name of a fictional family I created when I was seven. I can't quite remember how I came up with that. My story was a bit of a ripoff of a book I'd just read, The Far Distant Oxus, and I know the river in my story, Axix, was a corruption of Oxus. I think Axver in turn was a corruption of Axix. The character of Amak Axver (my screen name anywhere where I require over 5 letters) was an idealised version of who I'd like to be.

I'm Jewish, and some Jews do not name kids directly after family, but sort of in honor of....so Mike is for my Grandpa Murray, who died prior to my birth. My Middle name is in honor of Murray's Dad, also dead before my birth.

coolian2 said:

I think you'll find the rugby boys are into the rugby boys too

They can finger each other on the field and drop their soap in the shower as much as they like. They still have fine thighs (and arses) to watch.....:evil:

coolian2 said:
I'm named after my dad, or so i'm told. Apparently Ian is the Gaelic version of John.

I don't need no Gaelic lessons, Bono, you prat.

I thought Sean was the Gaelic version of John? I'm probably mistaken.

No spoken words said:

Fuck, yes he does.

SCENE 2 -
Time of day: 12:01 PM

Ricky Gervais: I do believe you're 35 seconds late for work. This is simply unacceptable.

Fast Food Cop: Just give me some fries to work, bitch.

Ricky Gervais: Fair enough.

Fast Food Cop: [pulls a walkie-talkie out of his crotch, places it on the counter] Crime is around every corner. I have to be prepared to kick as much ass as possible. Until then...to the fries!

[intense matrix shot of fry-cooking]

phillyfan26 said:
I'm not named after anyone. My parents intentionally wanted me and my brothers to have original names. All of our middle names are dedications though. My middle name is my father's first name.

My middle names are my father and grandfathers' first names. It's fairly traditional on both sides of my family for first names to be original and middle names to be other family members.

Axver said:

Axver is the last name of a fictional family I created when I was seven. I can't quite remember how I came up with that. My story was a bit of a ripoff of a book I'd just read, The Far Distant Oxus, and I know the river in my story, Axix, was a corruption of Oxus. I think Axver in turn was a corruption of Axix. The character of Amak Axver (my screen name anywhere where I require over 5 letters) was an idealised version of who I'd like to be.

When I was seven, I created myself the name AJ Flames. Not even kidding.

I was seven, after all.

No spoken words said:

This needs a little tweaking, LM, but you're doing ok so far.

Yes, Ricky Gervais needs to pwn Dalton constantly. He has to be this hero when not working the fries, but completely degraded when working them.

phillyfan26 said:

I was seven, after all.

Gotta admit, it's a name full of awesome.

"What's your name?"
"Alexander J... FLAMES!"

major_panic said:

"What's your name?"
"Alexander J... FLAMES!"

It's completely appealing to a seven year old who has no grasp of cheesiness either.

I think it was Andrew Jonathan.

My actual favorite first name is Jake, which, oddly enough, is YLB's first name.

phillyfan26 said:

I was seven, after all.

When I was little, I hated ordinary names. All of my characters had rather odd names. Even these days, I try to avoid anything common, though I don't go too extreme any more.

phillyfan26 said:

It's completely appealing to a seven year old who has no grasp of cheesiness either.

I think it was Andrew Jonathan.

My actual favorite first name is Jake, which, oddly enough, is YLB's first name.

I like how LMP is now widely accepted as YLB. You're welcome, interference.

No spoken words said:
I'll edit the fucking thing and make my suggestions, which you can use or ignore.
No spoken words said:
I'll edit the fucking thing and make my suggestions, which you can ignore.
No spoken fucking words said:
I'll edit the fucking thing and make my suggestions, which you can ignore.
New south wales said:
ignore me

major_panic said:

"What's your name?"
"Alexander J... FLAMES!"

Wait, I must have missed a joke here.

No spoken words said:

I like how LMP is now widely accepted as YLB. You're welcome, interference.

SO THAT'S WHO THAT IS!

I couldn't figure out who the fuck you guys were talking about. Why YLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom