The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
speaking of Merriman, the double standard with him, and all NFL players, compared to baseball players is ridiculous.

this guy, who missed 1/4 of the season due to cheating by using steroids, gets selected to the Pro Bowl without a second thought

The guy also missed 4 games and is one sack shy of the NFL lead. That says something about his play, and we would have to asume he is clean now at least, so not all of it (unlike McGwire's 70 HR's) is steroid fueled.

No spoken words said:
No, because the Pro Bowl is held in the same stadium U2 just closed their tour in, and so most interference users won't like the Pro Bowl set list.
Who's the opener for the Pro Bowl...if its Pearl Jam I might go.

Hewson said:
The guy also missed 4 games and is one sack shy of the NFL lead. That says something about his play, and we would have to asume he is clean now at least, so not all of it (unlike McGwire's 70 HR's) is steroid fueled.

McGwire hit 49 homeruns as a skinny rookie, he always had the talent too

and how can you assume Merriman was clean before his suspension, and its not like steroids magically wear off as soon as you stop taking them, he still has the muscle they helped build. so frankly, yes, the whole season is tainted

No spoken words said:
No, because the Pro Bowl is held in the same stadium U2 just closed their tour in, and so most interference users won't like the Pro Bowl set list.

I heard people are already lining up for the general admission seats....but they have claimed their spot and then went on some "Pro Bowl Dinner Cruise"

yeah i flew there, got my wristband, and flew back, im number 10 in line! cant wait for the game :dancing:

You just know that right before kick-off, a bunch of obnoxious VPs will stagger into the stadium, talking loudly while the PA announcer tries to tell you the down and distance of the next play.

Hey, do we have a source for the game yet?

. . . and Tank Johnson has been confined to his home 24 hours a day. He can only leave for work and someone has to drive him and pick him up. He also isn't allowed to leave the state without permission. (He was denied a Christmas visit to Arizona)

The Bear have suspended him for this week's game after making him inactive for last week's game.

:hmm:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
just the sight of tom coughlin makes me want to punch him in the face

Oh, Headache, you're not alone there. I cannot take another season of his face. Then again, FOX could lay off of that a bit, too.

Reggie Bush needs to stop running out of bounds and take the contact now and then.

I also like how Plaxico is playing extra hard today because he did not get a Pro Bowl vote. Hey, fucko, how about playing hard because your team is seeking a playoff berth???? Geez.

The Giants are comically bad.

Not just mediocre.

Not just "in a slump".

They are baaaaaaaad.

And not in the hip-hop sense, either.

In the NFC this year, that's saying quite a bit.

That game was actually funny to watch. I've never seen a team implode like this before.

On a brighter note, the Eagles are almost in the playoffs! :happy:

NBC just played a snippet of U2's version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home" during the Philly-Dallas game as they were cutting to commercial. I found this mildly amusing.

Phillyfan26's Christmas dinner...

crow.jpg

:hyper:

I'm going out to buy a Dawkins jersey as soon as the shops open on Wednesday!!

Part of me wants the Bears to win the Super Bowl so I can tell my fictional grandkids about how I saw the worst winning QB in football history. "Worse than Trent Dilfer, Grandpa No Spoken Words????"......"Yes, kids, he was just that bad"........

phillyfan26 said:
i quote bono:

nothing makes sense
nothing seems to fit
If not for Ladanian Tomlinson, Jeff Garcia ( or the defender who put Donovan McItsallaboutmefucktheteam out for the season) might be NFL MVP.
Amazing how well a team can play with a real QB.

Dallas has some serious issues. First off, why the fuck did Parcells not sneak it when they were on the 1 yard line? It's a gimme! He allowed the Eagles to stop them by handing off! It's like he took a page out of Andy Reid's playbook/chart/menu on that play.

Also, T.O. is brutal. He Plaxico Burressed that ball in the endzone by not even attempting to knock it down. I loved it. He helps the Eagles more now than he did on the team! Need I mention the dropped passes?

As for the Eagles, they look amazing considering they lost 5 of 6 earlier this season. The defense is rejuvenated, the running game works, and No. 7 looks a hell of a lot better than No. 5.

I wouldn't want to face the Eagles right now. They're playing as well as anyone over the last month or so and they are confident. They are having fun and playing real loose. I can see them taking out the big dawgs in the playoffs.

But I'm no Jimmy the Greek, so don't hold me to that prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom