The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah its spectacular

i wish some of the new baseball parks took a more modern or futurisitic type design instead of retro park after retro park.

:shrug:

I don't think it looks that great. It seems like they're just trying to fit as much as they possibly can into it. Suites on the field level? That's all well and good if you can afford it, but for joe schmo who's just going to see the game in the nosebleeds, what difference is there? A video screen? Big deal.

Don't get me wrong - it's a decent-looking building. But just for once I'd like to see a stadium built completely for the average fan. Suites and unnecessary knicknacks should almost look like an afterthought in any sports venue, IMO.

The average fan doesn't really help the team pay for the stadium however. The businesses/high rollers who buy leases and seat licenses on suites do.

I know that. It just sucks that the majority of the customer base is the last consideration when it comes to building one of these puppies.

without the seat liscences and luxary suites, the new stadium never gets built. :shrug:

ya take the good with the bad... there's plenty in the stadium for the "average fan." the giant media screens on the outside of the stadium that will show video content to tailgaters in the parking lot i think is a stroke of absolute genius. other than that the average fan gets more comfortable seats, wider concourses, more bathrooms, more food stands (meaning shorter lines), etc. etc. etc. :shrug:

even if they had no suites they'd still jack the price of the field level seats up through the preverbial hole in the roof, so it's not like the average fan would ever be able to afford to have his family sit there, anyways.

i just hope the giants/jets take a serious look at this design before they announce their final plans for the replacement of giants stadium, which is still due to open in 2009, despite having not broken ground and not even released plans.

Lamar Hunt, the man who coined the term Super Bowl has passed away. Hunt owned the KC Chiefs, was one of the founders of the old AFL and was highly instrumental in the AFL/NFL merge.

Some opportunities just have to be pounced on, even in times of grief.

Seriously, R.I.P. Lamar, he was a huge reason we have the NFL of today, and the AFC Championship trophy bears his name as a result.

(So maybe it'll be his son Philip Mike who delivers the eulogy)

So apparently Tom Brady breaking up with his girlfriend is pretty much on par in Boston with nuclear war breaking out.

We get every single Boston network up here, and I can't tell you how many damn times today I've seen the same B-roll footage of TB walking through a restaurant in a suit.

What a turd.

randhail said:
Don't be jealous that you don't get that same kind of attention.

Who said anything about jealousy?

I'd NEVER want that kind of attention. I just don't give a flying fuck who football player x is banging (or not) at any given moment.

I certainly don't need to hear about it a dozen times within eight hours.

DaveC said:

Who said anything about jealousy?

I'd NEVER want that kind of attention. I just don't give a flying fuck who football player x is banging (or not) at any given moment.

I certainly don't need to hear about it a dozen times within eight hours.

Comment was made with sarcasm and although you may not care, it certain does get you riled up! :wink:

These Thursday/Saturday games only on NFL network are pile of shit.

It's a harbinger of thing's to come.

Hey NFL, I can masturbate.

For free.

And it's more fun than a 28-3 blow-out.

Assholes.

(cough)

Our guys did some good things today. We had a couple problems with penalties again, but, uh, our guys did a heck of a job out there. Defensively, we did a good job forcing turnovers. (cough) We have to work on some things out there, but they did a heck of a job making big plays. (cough)

Time's yours.

Welcome, Andy. Nice to have you here.

(still pissed I can't use my harmless, funny football aliases :mad: :( )

georg%20jensen%20mitra%20fork%203300012.jpg

feel free to stick it where you choose...

the only positive that's come out of this is donovan mcnabb is looking more and more over-rated with each passing successful game by garcia, which i suppose is a moral victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom